“Go there,do their tour”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pak Chong
Greenleaf Guesthouse
Ranked #1 of 73 Pak Chong B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

I used public transport ,booked one day tour then got pickup from pak chong train station,and to bus station.
When I ask bus and train information, they r very helpful,and booked train ticket for me,didn't change extra fee.
It's cooler then Bangkok so that I can live there without air-condition( I don't want to back to Bangkok, too hot this season)
Breakfast cost extra money but cheap and delicious.
Room without hot shower,when I finished a day tour I really need it,but for me it's ok . If you have shower on evening or morning, maybe too cold.
Room is big ,a double bed for me is great,without furniture and no wife signal,and not so clean, but good enough for the price.
Free wife in the restaurant(outdoor).
Laundry cost $40 and powder extra $10, no dryer,I used shelf outside but without clips.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank S3531ML_

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Really nice place. Neet lots of other travellers. All staff very friendly. I would recommend doing both tours. The national park is amazing so much.free roaming wild animals you would never see without the tour guides expertise! Crazy place!

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Stayed here for 3 days and enjoyed every second of it. You have to realise that yes the rooms are basic i.e. fan and no hot water but they are clean and enough space. The location is quite remote even though by main road but it does have a 711 100m down the road. The tours are the stand out of this place , we too both half day and full day tour and didn't regret it. Joe is by far the best guide I've ever encountered with genuine enthusiasm for nature and the animals we encountered with a vast knowledge of all that we came across. No question was small enough or big enough for him , he answered everything with gusto and what little he wasn't sure about he found out. The food here was very good and keenly priced which made a nice change from some of the overpriced places we've frequented. As long as you realise it ain't the Hilton but treated just as well I'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised. Oh yeah and just ton top it off we saw a whole family of Elephants ,,, result :-)

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 March 2014

After staying at the Greenleaf Guesthouse recently I can't imagine touring the Khao Yai with anyone else and staying at one of the big impersonal resort hotels would miss the point.
The guesthouse itself is clean and comfortable so long as you can dispense with superfluous luxuries and enjoy the simplicity of it. The property is well cared for and the staff is awesome. There is no hot water but even in March the daytime temperatures are high enough that the cool water feels good after a long day hiking. The communal dining area out front lends itself to camaraderie. I was travelling alone and quickly made friends with my fellow travellers who came from several different countries. The food is excellent and the cooler is stocked with good local inexpensive beer. The dining area closes fairly early but after so long a day as the full tour we were all ready to turn in anyway.
I first went on the half day tour and the second day the full day tour. The half day tour was very interesting. We saw a small portion of the wildlife preserve and went for a swim in a natural spring. The full day tour is just that. Be prepared to spend a very full and lengthy day touring through miles of the park both by truck and on a wonderful long hike through that forest.
The guides are very knowledgeable about the wildlife and have a keen eye with the ability to spot animals we would have missed. They carry a high power telephoto lens that can be used with any camera so I came home with some great close-up shots on monkey's and a pit viper that I would not have been able to on my own. On the trek through the forest I was amazed that our guide was able to show us though several miles of dense forest with mostly unmarked trails. Along the way he provided a snack and lunch was provided in a beautiful setting on a savannah. Our guides went a long way to ensure that was saw as many different types of wildlife as possible and we did. The day was capped off with viewing the elusive wild elephants and they are amazing.
The whole experience was great. The price was very reasonable by any standard and the tour guides friendliness and knowledge was excellent. The type of people who seek out a tour like this seemed to be the more fit and adventurous types. It isn't that strenuous but it is a long day and there is hiking and at the falls several long stairways. I highly recommend this guesthouse and both tours. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: The guesthouse rooms are all the same. Any of them are great so long as you do realize that aside fr...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank mtestafl
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Greenleaf offers very simple and basic rooms with no hot shower (which is not really a problem considering the temperature during a day), but it's a fantastic place! After all it's a part of the experience you're looking for when you're planning to go trekking in a jungle.

It might be basic, but you're really not gonna need anything more than what they offer. The food is delicious, no matter what you're gonna choose from the menu. The whole atmosphere is great.

However what makes this place so unique are the guides and their tours. They are simply fantastic! We did both one and half day tours and we had the best time. The guys have great knowledge about the wildlife and are very good in spotting creatures we'd never even notice ourselves. Their english is very good and they are really funny. One of the guides had exactly same camera as we do and he lent us his lens that allowed us taking some awesome photos of the animals in the park the next day. Could you imagine anything better?

We loved the Greenleaf and we're definitely gonna be back!
Justine & Maurice

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 March 2014

We stayed two nights and did the 1/2day + the full day excursion which was 1500 baht per person plus 600 baht in total for the room. The guides are a necessity in our humble opinion, they are very friendly and professional. Moreover they speak good english. They have a great knowledge about the park and the animals it contains. Bonus in our trip was an encounter with a rather large family of wild elephants! The free pick up and return from the trainstation is a super nice service. I can recommend greenleaf to everyone!
Thank you Ted and Joe (Sorry if I spelled your name wrong) for these great days!
Wouter and Sandra

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights and joined 2 tours; the half day tour and full day tour.
The accommodation was great, a big room for a real good price.
The tours were great, our guides were fantastic and so knowledgeable of the area and the animals. There English was really good and they joked and kept the tours exciting the whole time.

I would recommend this guesthouse and the tours.
There food is also great, one of the best chicken cashew nut I have tasted!
A really nice atmosphere and great way to meet other travellers.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
#5 of 109 in Pak Chong
Kong Garden Resort
Kong Garden Resort
#9 of 38 in Pak Chong

Been to Greenleaf Guesthouse? Share your experiences!