Firstly this place is great for its atmosphere, weather and surroundings. The rooms are excellent however could be better ( no steam room , no Ipod dock and a few other things ) for the price you pay you can easily get those facilities at other hotels that i have stayed in. I took the 1 bed room pool villa (the best room they got ) The room was big enough and you get a big garden with a pool and a small hut called a sala . The view was great. The pool was small but good enough. During the night if you leave your lights open, dragon flies swarm the pool and other areas and so you can't swim in it. You have to tell them to come and clean it.
The common area is severely lacking in facilities. It does not have a gym. The staff are poorly trained . They are good but not great. Not 5 stars material. Dinner service ends pretty early , around 9pm. So if you feel hungry during the night, you might just have to settle for chocolates in the mini bar. The food was good however i did have stomach problems the day after. I am not 100% sure if i got sick from the food i had at SALA, but i am pretty sure . During the dinner service i had ordered some seafood and it didnt taste very fresh.
The breakfast is by far the most appalling, worst breakfast i have ever eaten at ANY hotel ( 2 star hotels have better breakfast) they give u just bread, jam and eggs, some sausage and porridge.
When i was there, the weather was about 20 C and it was windy. It was truly amazing, you could just feel more alive because of the fresh air . The view was breathtaking . Another bad thing about the hotel is that check in is at 4PM!! and check out was at noon! We asked for a late check out but they did not agree.
I would recommend this hotel if you are looking for extreme privacy, quietness, serene space.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An intimate embrace all your own consisting of only 7 special, private rooms and pool villa accommodation, sala khaoyai resort is dramatically perched on a scenic hilltop above the lush, green khao yai countryside. our boutique resort in khao yai features the enchanting sala hilltop restaurant and bar with panoramic 360 degree views of the surrounding area. next to the restaurant is a stunning infinity edge swimming pool with spectacular elevated views of romantic khao yai sunsets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sala Khao Yai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sala Khaoyai Hotel Pak Chong
- Sala Khao Yai Thailand/Pak Chong