Kensington English Garden Resort Khao Yai
Thames Valley Khao Yai(Pak Chong)
US$117
  • Restaurant
US$100
US$85
Agoda.com
The Paz Khao Yai(Pak Chong)
US$115
US$97
Priceline
US$151
US$99
Agoda.com
All reviewscatholic churchvery nice hotelfacilitiesthaikhaoyai
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 April 2013

I stayed in this hotel sometimes in the mid of 2012, and had a very good memory about it.
The hotel reminds me of my aunty house in Birmingham with a very beautiful back garden and plantation.

We also got free mocktail voucher and they served us in our room. Our breaktfast is one of the best allacart breakfast I have ever had in my life, we sat in the restaurant terrace, overlooking the small lake with ducks and garden! The breakfast was big and nice.

Indeed the location is not the best, you need to drive there, but i guess this is something you will need to do when you are planning to explore Kao Yai National Park.

Room Tip: Create your romantic holiday by studying carefully the hotel location
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 December 2012

I chose this hotel as, according to the Trip Advisor map, it was located just a few km's from the entrance to Khao Yai National Park.  Turns out it is in fact over 25 km away!  I had already pre-paid through Agoda with no refund.  Over the 2 nights I spent here, I grew to quite like it, although it is rather austere for my taste.  For a new resort it seemed very dated.  The rooms were clean, but amenities, furniture and design were basic.  Restaurant was a large empty room with no personality.  There is no swimming pool ("Next year", apparently).  I'd give it three stars if I hadn't been misled by its location.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Ben H
Reviewed 12 October 2012

we stayed there for one night. isolated locaton but overall hotel is nice and peaceful. we took the rose room and found it very pleasant, clean, and has a roomy bathroom. food there is great but price on the high side. breakfast is good - full buffet. hotel offers free bicycle so great for family ride / activity in the morning. staff friendly and helpful. garden is nice and you can have kids play outside within sight when relaxing in your room. great stuff, but better if they have an english pool.

Room Tip: Rose room - better decorated. Others are boring blue.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Jiroot S
Reviewed 3 May 2012

We stayed here two nights in late April 2012 when we visited the Khao Yai national park. We thought the service and gardens were great. The hotel is fairly new, so the gardens have a ways to go to live up to their namesake, but it is clear a lot of effort and loving touch has been put into these gardens and is continuiing. The owners should be commended. It is a small hotel with only 40 rooms, so the service is individual and genuine.
Upon arrival we were upgraded to a Rose room, and it was very nice, with a nice balcony overlooking the gardens and very nice room & bathroom with bathtub. The bed was a bit hard, but I am used to that here in Asia.
The service was very good but that may have been that I was the only foreigner there. The hotel had about 50 people attending a company's motivational seminar, but we were the only tourists to my knowledge. Finding the hotel was a bit of a challenge, but once you are in the area and stay on the larger roads, there are plenty of signs guiding you to the hotel.
The hotel is in the middle of nowhere, so do not expect to wander outside and find another restaurant or shopping or such. This is a great place to relax, but once you are there, that is where you stay.
After having drinks in the English pub, we had dinner there the first night, and the menu had a good selection of both Thai and international fare. It turns out the chef is from Morocco, and it is apparent the owners have invested in the talent and menu planning for a good international restaurant. I ordered the wrapped stuffed pork loin with fried potatoes and a great baked apple with a great filling. All was very good except the pork was undercooked. I returned the dish and the food service manager and chef both came out and apologized profusely -- clearly mortified. They served me a properly cooked version a bit later and took 15% off the bill. Not only that, but later in the evening when they bring your goodnight beverage (ginger tea in our case), the chef and manager were at our door and offered to cook us a special breakfast on our balcony in the morning. We quietly refused as we prefer to partake of the buffet, but it is clear the staff wants to insure your memories of your stay are good.
I would recommend this hotel, but be careful of the restaurant -- I think the food is good, but they are still early in their culinary careers.
The hotel has a facebook page in Thai, but you can view the gardens,etc. there. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kensington-English-Garden-Resort-Khaoyai/215217131832689

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jim B
Reviewed 21 April 2012

We decided to move resorts when we were in Khao Yai as the resort we booked before was not to our expectation. We looked at Agoda and we found this place and when we arrived, we were the only guests - and their first guests after listing in Agoda!

Its a new resort and even though we were the only ones, they made sure that there was enough staff looking after us and that we were able to use their facilities.

Everyone in the staff was nice and accommodating, most especially the manager, who took us to see the bat migration from the mountains near the resort flying to the Khao Yai National Park, which was spectacular!

Room Tip: The rooms are facing the gardens so if there are two of you travelling, you can order your breakfast to be served from the terrace of your room. That would make your start of the day amazing! :-)
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family