“Man up”
Review of Naga Bungalows

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ko Samet
Naga Bungalows
Wellington, New Zealand
“Man up”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

So many bad reviews. Seriously, you chose to go to a developing country with a limited budget. There is quiet frankly nothing wrong with this accommodation. The bungalows are clean, the owner friendly, loos and showers washed frequently and the positioning is just up the hill from the beach. I've read lots of complaints about the noise from the club below the accommodation but to be honest it's not loud enough to stop you from sleeping and really just ads to the atmosphere. There are a couple of cheap restaurants below it a-swell. If you are searching for luxury for starters you're looking on the wrong side of the island. Good place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank OhCoolFreeDrinks

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

The fan room that was offered at a rate of 600 baht , I personally wouldn't pay anywhere near that for this hut. It was a bare hut with a bed and mossie net . Not very appealing . We went next door and got a room with en suite and tiled floors and balcony , cleaned everyday for 700 baht. Also this place looks like a building site that has been abandoned and taken over on a short let basis?? We did go to Naga bar and it was ok, busy and loud. But would never here. That said Koh Samed is The most expensive island in thailand for no apparent reason other than being closest to bangkok ! If you're on a budget the same room in samui will cost less than 400 baht, same on panghan - lanta- et al.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mrblue1978

Travellers are raving about these Ko Samet hotels

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 17 July 2013

We've stayed at Naga twice now and both times have been very similar. The family running Naga are very friendly and helpful, the bungalows have been clean and tidy, as have the toilets and showers, and they are a reasonable price. The food is also good here. However, the caveat is that the Naga Bar opposite tends to play very loud music until quite late at night, anything from midnight to 2-3am. If they are playing loud music you cannot escape it! Even ear plugs don't stop the bass making the place vibrate. Our first visit was after we'd been in India for 3 months so we were used to loud noise at night, but we were there last week and it was quite annoying. Saying that, if you're out at a bar until late hours it will probably have stopped by the time you get home. The best thing is the beach opposite is probably the nicest beach on this side of Koh Samet.

Room Tip: If you have a bungalow without a bathroom attached, avoid the the toilets/showers at the bottom and...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sunley-Griffin-Smith
london
Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

I arrived on the island with no prior booking and chose Naga as a friend had stayed a few years ago.
The price was 600b but I was given a rate of 400b for 2 nights. Perfect. However when I went to bed there were numerous (about 10-15) small black bugs on the bed linen. I asked to move rooms and was shown another room which appeared to have more bugs so I refused. The lady said they would change my sheets in the original room so I agreed but also slept in my sleeping liner!
I had a rather restless sleep due to the dance music being pumped out til the early hours and having to squish a few of the critters during the night. I awoke to lift my legs and find around 50 of the bugs beneath me. Im no bug expert, so i am only assuming they were bed bugs as they were on the bed and there seemed no other logical explanation for where they had come from.
I went straight to reception who seemed to not really care when I showed her the multitude of bugs. She offered to change my sheets, I refused and told her I wanted to leave. Then she tried to tell me that I had to pay 600b for the room for that night. I told her I would only pay 400b and wanted a refund of the rest and she agreed.
In addition to the bug infested bed, the state of the showers and toilets left a little to be desired. Which is a real shame as the location is good as its just across the road from the beach.
I would never go back and would not recommend this to anybody I actually like.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Sue-Ellen H
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 20 February 2013

I really like Naga bungalows, simple because it fitted our travel plans perfectly. We were with 5 girls and got a 4 person AC, private bathroom bungalow with an extra bed for less than 400 baht each. Beds were a bit hard but fine and the room was clean. Naga bar was THE bar to go to at night, so if you want a quite sleep, then this is not the best place but since it was so close to the bar, we loved it!

It's right on the beach and the breakfast was quick, cheap and very good. It's basic but clean and I'd recommend it for backpackers or weekend travelers who just wanna spend time on the beach, eat and party. Had a lovely weekend.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Marit_1989
Reviewed 2 December 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for one night, it wasn't unbearable but it wasn't that great.

For 600BHT, which is more than I've paid anywhere, I was disappointed. My room was miles from the toilets and showers. The bar opposite pumped the same generic music out till 2:30. I think heard Gangnham style at least 4 times.

My room was clean, but really basic and the bed was so hard. I ended up next door and got something similar for half the price.

Have a look around and see if there's any better deals, if not, it's not too bad.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank monosylabik
Chiang Mai
Reviewed 26 October 2012

The cheapest is 400 for a very basic room that is like a box and full of mosquitos. There are better options around. The restaurant is quite good though and they have free wifi. As Nagas is the first one you will come to on the beach from the pier, people must give in right away and pay but you are better off at Jep's down the road.

Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends