Me and my family along with 15 others stayed at Vongduren Villas. We were a family of six and when we arrived we were given a room away from the beach which had three double beds. My son who was sixteen had a deluxe room close to the beach front. The room we had as a family was less than basic and the bathroom was not clean and was leaning to one side when you walked in. My sons room and others in the group had the deluxe rooms which were so much better. These rooms were bigger than the family room and had a huge bathroom and yet were advertised for two persons only which I thought was very strange. We asked to moved our rooms to one of these deluxe rooms as the room had a double bed and a double fold out sofa. We asked for a further single bed to be put in to, this was a rolled out floor covering which was very thin but was ok for a young child all of this was agreeable with no fuss made.
As the hotel was not in high season it was not prepared for a group of 21 people. At breakfast time we had a good choice of food but drinks initially were coffee or water!
I got married what I was on the island and the hotel catered for the wedding, they did a really good job except I wouldn't ask for a wedding cake as this was very basic!
We got to know the staff well and this helped enjoy our stay.
Overall the villas were ok however I believe they need some attention given. The resort could do with offering Wifi as we had to travel down the beach to get this facility. Alcoholic drinks at the resort was just beer so if you didn't like beer like me you had to stick to soft drinks which there was not a huge selection.
Overall the resort was friendly but needs some attention given and then the stay would have been a lot more enjoyable!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our location is a prime location in second largest beach resort on koh samed, A half moon shaped beach, Ao-vongdeuan has the best sunrise on Koh Samet. our guests can enjoy the nature claimed privacy as well as easy access to many Koh Samet attractions. The C samet Beach Resort is idyllically situated Crescent Moon Island where is curved stretches 500 meters long, The C Samet Beach Resort offers only 62 rooms. The resort's accommodation is comprised of 19 Standard cottage, 25 Sea view cottages , 12 Beachfront cottage and 6 superior Cottages. Our resorts focus on privacy so you can enjoy your getaway with your friends and families. Our resort features facilities such as Restaurant, Thai and International Cuisines and Bar, Thai massage and attraction activity . We have the perfect spot for sunbathing and evening cocktail while watching dazzling sunset. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The C Samet Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vongduern Villa Hotel Koh Samet
- Vongduern Hotel Koh Samet