“a review of my initial review” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Baan-Pra-Kai-Kaew Resort

Baan-Pra-Kai-Kaew Resort
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ko Samet
Baan-Pra-Kai-Kaew Resort
Ranked #41 of 55 Ko Samet B&B and Inns
Christchurch, New Zealand
“a review of my initial review”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2012

I would like to clarify a few things if I may with regards to my review of Baan Pra Kai Kaew.
If you look at my other reviews you will see I generally give out good comments, Im not in the habit of bagging an establishment just for the sake of it. If I do give negative comments, as in the case of this establishment, there is usually a pretty good reason for doing so.
First off , my wife and I were the only guests staying at the resort when we visited. The place was empty. We found the owner Tony to be unapproachable and unfriendly. We found his wife Pan to be extremely rude , when we ask for a cooked meal we felt as though we were infringing on their card game around the bar. But to top of the rudeness and aggression was one particular staff member, a thai girl, tall with dark skin, her attitude towards my wife ( who is also thai ) was beyond the pail. The sheer anger that oozed from her was terrible, we dont know if she was having a bad week or she just wasnt happy with her lot, but it was totally unacceptable. It upset my wife very much and in turn angered me. The whole time we were there we just didnt want to be, and it was due to the way we were treated by the owner and his staff. On the positive side, yes the resort is in a wonderful location, the place is spotless and well kept, the snitchel I ordered was second to none and the beer was cold but if you were treated the way my wife and I were, all the good stuff, as far as Im concerned, goes out the window.
To top off a horrible 4 days, on departure we were accused of stealing 2 of their bathroom towels by the tall angry thai girl. We let her go through our suitcases just to prove we didnt steal their property. I hope this clarifies the situation for those who doubted my initial review but I stand by those comments previously made.

Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
16 Thank jono2

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Thai first
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2012

That last review was an insult to Tony and Pan . The place is spotlessly clean with Tony and Pan and the staff working so hard . The food Pan and the staff cook is fabulous and the whole place is so friendly . We have been staying with Tony and staff for 6 years and allways stay 3 weeks . They are wounderfull hosts and so are the staff . They are constantly cleaning but not in your face . Tony and Pan are an amazing couple and i,m sure if people choose to go there they will be more than pleased with the whole set up . Rather than go to the busy beaches on the island we are more than happy to stay in a piece of tranquility but you are only about 15 mins walk from the main town if needs be . ( GIVE THE PLACE A TRY AND PROVE ME WRONG ) you will love it .Tried a few places over there but you wont beat this place for peace and value for money .....

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
1 Thank muzzarees
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2011

I have been staying on Koh Samet for a number of years and found Tony and Pens guest house in 2009.

The guesthouse is located on its own small strip of beach facing Baan phe and offers a good choice of accomadation ranging from lovely new bungalows (2010) to more basic rooms with share bathrooms (Very Clean). prices are extreamly good value for Koh Samet 300 or 400bht for fan room shared bathroom to 900 to 1000 for the new style bungalows with TV, fridge etc. all rooms have A/C if you want for a little more

My Fav is room number 1 which is actually located over the water with a nice balcony perfect for relaxing in the eve. this room also has TV and Fridge for about 500bht.

All staff work hard here to maintain the high standards that Tony and Pen set for there guests and if not found in the kicthen will often be seen maintaining the garden or pink/golden sand beach.

The guesthouse in My and many others opinion offers one of the best Kitchens on the island Penn is a dedicated cook and thai dishes range from basic 60/70 Bht stir frys/fried rice, noodles etc to more complex currys and fish dishes.

Tony is a Bavarian chap and his western menu reflects this in its taste and portions a fav of mine is his Pork schenzel with salad and fries which i have never managed to finish. Burgers are homemade there and then and also offer great value. the most expensive dishes on the menu still only come in at 200 bht or so for a whopping great steak with the trimmings. The BBQ can also be fired up for bigger parties as long as notice is given. Overall the restraunt is great value with good portions and is popular with visiting thais, westerners and local expats.

The Small bar offers all you need all the thai beers you expect chang,Leo etc for around 60bht a bottle and draft chang all served ice cold. Other european beers served by the bottle heiniken etc Wine, spirits and fresh fruit juices from the kitchen. TV sometimes on for sport esp F1 grand prix and other events at request. Ask tony for a shot of his homemade medicine shot if you are brave it will certainly put hair on your chest.

Lastly if you have any further travel plans just ask tony and he will help if he can. he has arranged pick up from the airport for me 3 times (the driver safe and quick at around 2 hours from airport to speed boat and cold beer) this comes in at around 1800 to 2000 baht each way for the car. Moterbikes can be rented for around 250 bht a day from next door to tonys place.

The Guest house is charming, the staff work hard, location is supurb and perfect for relaxing on the beach, beer garden or on your balcony. its very quite location day and night away from the madness on the main drag.

Room Tip: room number 1 is my fav