“nobody there at peak time (about 8pm)”
Review of Baan Ploy Sea

Baan Ploy Sea
Ranked #5 of 62 Ko Samet B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 June 2014

And this was with good reason, the decor was nice, with glass tables covering holes in the ground, everything was spotlessly clean. However, perhaps the chef had an off day, bored that there was nobody else there to cook for. Half the food on menu was unavailable, though they did have their 1500baht per kilo of fish, but I didn' t fancy fresh fish in an empty restaurant. Disappointing.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 March 2014

I think this was the nicest hotel on the island. It's modern, private and the employees were very helpful/friendly. If I was to complain about one thing, it's that I found baby red ants on my pillow covers. Then again it's Thailand. I would be surprise if I didn't find any. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

You will love the silent if you do, I did and was happy for not choosing the crowded noisy sai keaw beach area. Simple but decent yet clean room, simply nice. Renting a motorbike is just next door ride 5 mins to Sai Keaw beach. It's the medium range on price for accommodation on Samed but only if you like what it offer as said, then it certainly worth the penny, did I mentioned the room charges includes free ferry ride to mainland and breakfast.

The beach, yea it's clear as it is around the island, it's nice but not the best beach for me for swimming, I have been almost half of the beaches on the island, among them the one makes me feel wanna jump into it is the one at moo ban tale hotel which is up north 10 mins ride. Super clear, wide, full of small little fishes, but it seens to be a private beach so am not sure if the hotel is generous enough to allow non hotel customers to swim there.

Baan Ploy Sea definitely one of my top 3 choices on my next trip to the island.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sean N
Reviewed 22 January 2014

This hotel is a bit off from the main street but there was no problem to have a walk to the town. The beach right in front of the hotel is really clean and the best part is you have it all for yourself. The pool is really nice and very unusual with its color. Breakfast was great and all of the staff members. They all where so service minded and helped us with everything. Thanks for a great stay!!

Sad though that they removed the restaurant on poles out in the water...

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TwoAbroadNet
Reviewed 10 January 2014

We stayed here during our visit to Koh Samet, not realising that this is a different location from the main beach. That being said, it is within walking distance, 15-20 minutes. This other area is not very interesting. The beach is dirty and there is not much space in the sand anyway.
The hotel itself is new. Rooms are very spacious and the decor is very simple and relaxing. Dark wood, feels a bit like a Scandinavian ski resort.
Most rooms seem to have a view of the ocean, and the restaurant (under construction) looked already nice, but it was unfinished. We had Wifi and our breakfast was ok. Not fantastic flavours but you won't go hungry. We were asked if we wanted more of everything, which was nice.
I would recommend this hotel if you want to enjoy the attractions of the main beach but prefer to go and stay/sleep somewhere else.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Guillermo M
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

I was looking for a place to relax then I was avoiding from Sai Kaew Beach and finally made decision to be here. Unfortunately it was totally huge wrong decision that I ever made. There was a construction near by; just next door. Of course it is very noisy and loudly all day. You could not relax or find a quiet place as expect. Hotel should mentioned it on website which would be fair enough to customer. I made booking via booking.com and they could not do anything except apologize. I think it is not fair at all as customer.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Numnim S
Reviewed 1 December 2013

I liked this hotel, close to the Pier for transportation and a great place to relax. Its far away enough from the hustle of the main town (10 min walk). we had sea views, a private beach and not many tourist business going on around the hotel.

The info online does need updating, as there is no longer a floating deck restaurant on the sea. As a consequence, a new restaurant is being built next to the hotel. Sadly we did have to endure a team of carpenters hammering throughout the day for 12 hours. Not ideal when relaxation is required.

The good news for future visits, there will be a new restaurant next year.
The Team at reception were very welcoming. (Ammy was very helpful).

The rooms are great, perhaps they are dark but I found the dim lighting to be cosy and relaxing after a day in the sun.
the whole place is clean and new, I like the ambience and style of the place (even though I dislike the colour orange, it works).

Breakfast is good and efficient service too.

If you book online with a travel site, its a good idea to research times of 'Samed resorts' free ferry.
This is the hotel companies own ferry service that takes you to the pier close to the resort. We had taken the bus to Ban Phe and took the main ferry.
On return to mainland, the Hotel and ferry staff were most helpful, including a car to the Bus station.

This is a great place to stay. We will return.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple