“Breakfast, Snack, Pizza, Beer”

The Funky Monkey Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 39 Restaurants in Ko Samet
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery
Description: Located in heart of the village of Koh Samed, next to 7/11, the national park entrance, and 2 minutes walk from Had Saikaew, The funky Monkey brings you the finest Thai, international and fusion foods. We pride ourselves on high quality food, with only the freshest ingredients, the finest cuts of meat and NO MSG used in our food. We have a large vegetarian menu and we pride ourselves on customer care too. You will be greeted with a friendly smile from our staff who make make you feel at home and welcome at the Funky Monkey. If it's just drinks from the bar, why not try an ice cold beer, fresh fruit shake are one of our delicious cocktails, whilst soaking up the atmosphere and listening to the fine music. We have free wi-fi for customers and show live sporting events from around the world. Not forgetting our very competitive low prices and happy hour from 13:00-18:00 daily, what are you waiting for? Hope to see you soon, you won't be disappointed…..
Reviewed 14 August 2014

The Funky Monkey situated close to the National Park entrance and the beach is an ideal spot to grab a bite to eat on the way to or from the beach. The staff and owner are service minded and friendly. The European breakfast (English) was my favourite Bacon, 2 eggs, beans, mushrooms, tomatoes and 2 pieces of toast with tea or coffee and fruit juice.You won't need lunch!

1  Thank Graham B

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Terrible food, pizza is pure cheese, thai was uneatable, wouldn't recommend to my worst enemy...go to Buddies on the beach!

8  Thank JoannaLey
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

We had Thai food and beer, good food. We talked to people eating there and decided to give it a try. Friendly staff. Well Located on corner of main st. We will be going back!

1  Thank Mark S
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I've been there twice during my short stay on Ko Samet. Delicious pizza and very friendly staff and helpful owner. During first visit I tried the 'pizza challenge' (eat 21 inch pizza in one hour and walk away with no bill) - great fun and huge delicious pizza. Our second time, was also for a pizza, this time medium size. I wish to try some breakfest and lunch there. Unfortunately it was closed in the morning and early afternoons during our stay. I would defenietly visit Funky Monkey again. Greetings to all Staff and John!

1  Thank Thomas_Kieres
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I was very impressed with the quality of the food, drinks and friendly service. We made the most of the happy hour 99 baht cocktails which actually last 5 hours!!!! :) the pizza was freshly made and tasted fantastic. It's run by an English guy called john and he was very helpful and polite. I definitely recommend this place.