“Great holiday”

Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Ko Samet
Brisbane
“Great holiday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

We spent Christmas here with a family group of 11 people. The christmas buffet had everything you could imagine. Everything was perfect. Clean, good food and a fabulous beach. There are plenty of beach chairs and a large roped off swimming area. Would highly recommend this resort

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank barkingdogs

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

I spent 3 nights (Wed-Fri) in Sai Kaew Beach Resort in October and had a fantastic time.
I was travelling by myself as I just needed a little getaway from busy Bangkok and this place was the best place I could hope for.
I stayed in the premier seaview rooms on the first floor, I loved the little balcony overseeing the pool and the beach.
The rooms are literally a minute walk to the beach which I found incredible during day and night.
Even though I was on my own, I had a lovely time meeting people on the beach and in restaurants and bars on the Sai Kaew main street.
The resort also have their own speedboats that pick you up directly from bang phe to the hotel.
The rooms are clean, quiet and very well equipped.
I loved every minute of my stay there and hope to come back for a longer stay next time.

Room Tip: If you're travelling alone - choose the premier seaside rooms or the bangalows as they are away...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank re19re
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

I had a few days of holiday after a workshop in Bangkok so wanted somewhere nearby. I opted for Sai Kaew Beach Resort as a result of reviews on here and I was so happy with my choice. It is a lovely hotel, with the option of the beautiful main beach, which has the wonderful white sandy beach and a variety of restaurants, or the quiet, private beach. I ended up generally spending my morning on the quite beach and then moving onto the main beach.

I also was very happy with the room - I had one of the deluxe cabanas and it was just fantastic. The little terrace with a private swing surrounded by greenery and with a view of the sea was just magical.

The facilities are also great - a nice spa, good pool options and good food - I couldn't get enough of the watermelon shakes and the awesome marinated dry pork.

However the thing that impressed me the most was their attitude to the local stray dog and cat population. The hotel itself has adopted a beautiful stray cat, who unfortunately I only got to meet as I was leaving. The hotel manager also informed me that once a year they pay for a vet to come down from Bangkok to neuter some of the strays which I think is highly commendable. My one ask of the hotel as I left was to treat one of the strays who had a nasty touch of mange which was a shame as he was the gentlest, softest and adorable dog. I do hope they will get him treated when the vet next comes down.

In a country where one is spoiled for choice with hotels I think it is says a great deal about the staff and management of Sai Kaew that they go the extra mile by giving back to the local community through their support of the stray animals. This action alone has made my mind up for me - I will definitely be coming back!

Room Tip: The deluxe cabanas are well worth the extra cost
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Don F
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

We had a good time in this hotel just because our friends went there.
The service is awful.Nobody cares about anything.One young lady at the breakfast was really nice but all others looked like they were forced to work and had better to do!
The room is really nice and the housekeepers did a great job and smiled at us!
The barmen at the beach and in front of the restaurant were pitiful!We ask for cocktails at happy hour time and once it was not ok to have them on the beach and next time was ok.After that they looked pissed off serving us and didn't even say anything or looked at us while getting our drinks.We felt like not welcome at all which is a real deception when you pay so much for an hotel in Thailand on such a small island!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Laura M
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

Firstly, we were staying on Koh Samet for 3 days, 2 nights, breaking up a long business trip so time was precious, with that in mind we arranged through the resort for a car to pick us up from our hotel in Bagkok, it did not turn up!! Not a great start. After calling them and being assured that the car was 10 minutes away we waited, for 50 mins, before arranging a taxi to take us to the port, we obviously missed our ferry and ending up paying above the odds to get a boat to the island. We arrived at the resort and nobody seemed that bothered, not at all happy. It was raining heavily so this was blamed for the car not turning up.
We were shown to our rooms, situated next to a massive boggy pond with houses at its side, not the nicest thing to walk by every day, especially with the Mosquitos and sewerage smell.
The rooms were nice and the beds really comfortable.
The Breakfast was low quality, but in the day they did serve the best Pad Thai.
The beach in front of the resort was really filthy, i have never seen a beach so filthy in all the times that i have stayed in Thailand.
In fairness it was the end of rainy season and the weather was not great, but this does not excuse the general shoddy service.
All in all i would not recommend anyone to stay here, very, very disappointing.

Room Tip: Do not stay in the premier rooms that face away from the resort.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Braunschweig
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

This hotel is professionally managed.
The transfer from the mainland to the resort is comfortable and hassle free.
Location of the hotel could not be better. Directly at the beach, close to all the action, but
quiet and peaceful inside.
Clean and well maintained bungalows with balinese shower and free internet.
Some other hotels on Ko Samet are comparable to this, but here you have the additional
advantage of very well selected and trained staff.
Everybody tries to anticipate your wishes and requests are handled within minutes where other businesses on Samet Island keep you waiting for hours.
Also on the positive side: there is always a manager or responsable person available and ready to take care of the hotel guests.
If I travel to Ko Samet again, which is quite probable, I'll certainly will be staying at Sai Kaew Beach Resort.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

We have visited Sai kaew beach resort many times, even before the hotel was upgraded! It is now a fantastic hotel, beautiful rooms in the new section which nicely lit with great facilities. The staff are all really friendly, particularly Khun Nikhon, who goes out of his way to make sure you are well looked after! Breakfast is good with a wide selection of choices the only improvement would be to run breakfast a little later at weekend as we all like a late sleep after a long week at work!
The beach is very clean and the staff clean it regularly throughout the day which is nice! The addition of service bells (wifi connected) on the beach so you don't even have to get up is a really great touch too, if you want a lazy day on the beach.
We love Koh Samet and would not stay anywhere else!

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends