“Great place”

Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Ko Samet
Bangkok, Thailand
“Great place”
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I stayed here a few weeks ago with my girlfriend, we got a speedboat from the mainland and the boat pulled up onto the beach right outside the hotel. It was a fantastic way to arrive.

The beach was amazing, the sand was white and the sea was clear. The beach can be a bit busy, but still beautiful. There is a full array of water sports, from jet skiing to parasailing and everything in between.

There are ALOT of great places to eat along the beach and very chilled out places to sit on big bean bags and have a few drinks and watch the hundreds of lanterns sailing through the sky.

The hotel itself was good, apart from some aspects in the room. The rooms had so many mosquitos all the time. We had to spray ourselves with repellent before bed.

Well worth a visit, however if you want to see the sunset you will have to stay on the other side of the island.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Thailand
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Stayed there for 3 nights 17 - 19 January 14, nice rooms, pool was freezing cold and I mean cold, staff were nice but a bit dozy got my orders wrong a few times, next time I am going to tell them to write it down when they take my order, visited the island in 2006 was nice little island, a few shops and dirt roads, but now it's not like before loads of these one bay shops all along the road way, which used to be forrest, and the smells not good, would not recommend now before I told all my friends about the Island, now I would not bother

Room Tip: The most expensive rooms are the best rooms, I had a young family next door with a screaming kid, an...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 January 2014

This is an awesome little resort close to Bangkok and I would recommend combining this with a Bangkok holiday. We would recommend staying in the beach bungalow area rather than hotel portion of the resort. A little walk from the main hotel and beach but was tranquil, most bungalows offer a sea view and a swing for afternoon sundowners overlooking a private beach. The island offers entertainment till late. New Years with the resort was unfortunately disappointing due to the poor cover band that really didn't make for a great party.

Room Tip: For a quieter stay on the party island consider staying in the beach bungalows.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank DrJord
UK
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

Lovely hotel in fantastic beachside location . Stayed in premier beAchside room overlooking infinity pool and beach.Very good food in restaurant - probably the best on Koh Samet . Would definAtely stay here again ideal for a few days break

Stayed December 2013
2 Thank Happyhooliday2
Brisbane
Reviewed 26 December 2013

We spent Christmas here with a family group of 11 people. The christmas buffet had everything you could imagine. Everything was perfect. Clean, good food and a fabulous beach. There are plenty of beach chairs and a large roped off swimming area. Would highly recommend this resort

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank barkingdogs
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I spent 3 nights (Wed-Fri) in Sai Kaew Beach Resort in October and had a fantastic time.
I was travelling by myself as I just needed a little getaway from busy Bangkok and this place was the best place I could hope for.
I stayed in the premier seaview rooms on the first floor, I loved the little balcony overseeing the pool and the beach.
The rooms are literally a minute walk to the beach which I found incredible during day and night.
Even though I was on my own, I had a lovely time meeting people on the beach and in restaurants and bars on the Sai Kaew main street.
The resort also have their own speedboats that pick you up directly from bang phe to the hotel.
The rooms are clean, quiet and very well equipped.
I loved every minute of my stay there and hope to come back for a longer stay next time.

Room Tip: If you're travelling alone - choose the premier seaside rooms or the bangalows as they are away...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank re19re
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I had a few days of holiday after a workshop in Bangkok so wanted somewhere nearby. I opted for Sai Kaew Beach Resort as a result of reviews on here and I was so happy with my choice. It is a lovely hotel, with the option of the beautiful main beach, which has the wonderful white sandy beach and a variety of restaurants, or the quiet, private beach. I ended up generally spending my morning on the quite beach and then moving onto the main beach.

I also was very happy with the room - I had one of the deluxe cabanas and it was just fantastic. The little terrace with a private swing surrounded by greenery and with a view of the sea was just magical.

The facilities are also great - a nice spa, good pool options and good food - I couldn't get enough of the watermelon shakes and the awesome marinated dry pork.

However the thing that impressed me the most was their attitude to the local stray dog and cat population. The hotel itself has adopted a beautiful stray cat, who unfortunately I only got to meet as I was leaving. The hotel manager also informed me that once a year they pay for a vet to come down from Bangkok to neuter some of the strays which I think is highly commendable. My one ask of the hotel as I left was to treat one of the strays who had a nasty touch of mange which was a shame as he was the gentlest, softest and adorable dog. I do hope they will get him treated when the vet next comes down.

In a country where one is spoiled for choice with hotels I think it is says a great deal about the staff and management of Sai Kaew that they go the extra mile by giving back to the local community through their support of the stray animals. This action alone has made my mind up for me - I will definitely be coming back!

Room Tip: The deluxe cabanas are well worth the extra cost
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo