Stayed here for five night in January. This was our second time on Koh Samet, and during this trip we also stayed at Saikew beach resort. I would say that this is a completely different type of hotel. First, the location is really really off. I you want to have a lot of dining option by walking distance, and some bars and action, you should stay somewhere else. Second, this is a beach which is more or less dominated by the two sister resorts Vimarn and Ao Prao. It's a luxury resort which aims to provide you with everything you needs. There are a three different restaurants, operated by the resort (there is one more resort on the beach, Lima Coco resort, wich their own restaurant).
We loved it!!!!!!!During our five nights here, we only left to have one dinner on another beach - and we spent one day relaxing at another beach. The bungalow was really nice, it was decorated with rich dark wood furnitures, there was a minbar, a DVD and TV and a large king size bed. The bathrom was large and clean. We had a bit of an ant problem in the sink, but I guess you need to be prepared for this when staying in a hut close to the djungle. It didnt bother us at all.
The breakfast was good, perhaps I would have expected a bit more at a luxury resort but it was good. We had dinner both at the italian and the thai restaurant. The italian one could of course not measure up to propoer italian food - but the thai restaurant (Buzz) was excellent . actually one of the best thai resturants during our trip.
We had an amazing time, and although the beach wasn't a big and comfy as other beaches on the island it offered an amazing sunset each night. Also you could do pretty good snorkeling (compared to other place on the island) from the beach. Beware of seaurchins though, they got stranded on the beach on the afternoons, thanks to the tide, so mind your feet.
If you don't want a lot of action (you can always find a rental scooter or take a taxi though), and if you are prepared to pay a bit more for luxury comfort (not that much more though) I would definitively recommend this place! If we go back to Koh Samet for a third time, I think this will be our preferred resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Vimarn Cottages & Spa is a unique tropical Boutique Resort for an idyllic stay that will call you back again and again. Clustered on the gentle slope of a hilly cove overlooking a quiet bay beach is your stylish retreat from the world. Supremely comfortable individual cottages all with balconies, some with your own outdoor spa that look down onto a peaceful curved bay of sparkling sea and fine sand. The cottage cluster centers around a superb infinity pool, a world class spa and a restaurant offering a most interesting and comprehensive menu.Le Vimarn attracts sophisticated and discriminating international guests year after year. A dream location that will last in your memory for a lifetime ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Le Vimarn Cottages & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Vimarn Cottages And Spa
- Le Vimarn Cottages Hotel Koh Samet
- Le Vimarn Hotel
- Le Vimarn Resort