“One Amazing Place...”

Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Ko Samet
London, United Kingdom
“One Amazing Place...”
Reviewed 12 March 2011

I stayed at the Paradee for three days in March for a bit of rest and relaxation after a busy business schedule.

For the first two nights I was in a Garden Pool Villa and then for the last night, because they needed to do some work on this, they upgraded me to a Beachfront Pool Villa.

What an amazing place! I chose this resort because of a newspaper review I had read and also because of the comments on TripAdvisor. The resort deserves all the praise it gets.

Both villas were beautiful but the beachfront one was just spectacular and I especially enjoyed relaxing in the private pool. And just a few steps away from the white sandy beach and turquoise sea.

The restaurant is fantastic with wonderful service. In particular I enjoyed the breakfasts which set me up for the day. A nice touch is the complimentary afternoon tea served in your villa every day.

The sunset bar is beautiful and the perfect way to end the day. The spa is relaxing and my shoulder and back massage was excellent.

There is wi-fi access throughout the resort, though mobile phone signals don't reach the side where the villas are located (a good thing perhaps?!)

This is NOT the place to go for an adventure holiday with lots of activities - but if you simply want to chill for a few days, it really is perfection both for location and quality of service and accommodation.

Thank you to all the team at Paradee who made me (a solo traveller) feel very welcome and cared for!

I shall return!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Chantler
ParadeeResort, Front Office Manager at Paradee Resort & Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 23 March 2011
Dear Mr. Chantler Paul

Thank you for staying with us and for your detailed feedback. We sincerely appreciate your time in posting insights of your recent stay.

I must say again that thank you very much for your kind understanding that you were very kind to move to other villa due to our water tank maintenance. I still remember and miss the time that you were always sitting at the Sunset Bar every evening.

Regarding mobile phone signal at the side of the resort, we have been working on a few major mobile phone telecom companies to set up wider range of signal. We schedule to test each company's signal every week and cooperate with those companies to provide better phone signal to our guest.

We are delighted to know that you had a pleasant stay. Thank you once again for sharing your experience and we hope to welcome you back to Paradee, The SIxth Heaven in sooner future.

At your service,

Paradee, The Sixth Heaven

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Thai first
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 February 2011

We arrived on Feb 4th for 8 nights from Koh Chang. Great welcome at the pier, private speedboat, and lovely reception from the staff at the Paradee pier. We had a problem with our room for the first night which was promptly addressed and we were upgraded immediately with good grace. We had a pool villa which was spacious in a little private garden where the most wonderful birds visited every morning ! Everything was comfortable, housekeeping staff were great-I do think people tend to forget how hard housekeeping staff work, they seemed to check the room several times a day--excellent.
The beach was lovely, plenty of sunbeds spaced well apart, sea was clear and the beach boys were constantly cleaning the shore-line and looked after us very well.
We had lunch at the pool bar most days and I agree with a previous reviewer, Tom was absolutely outstanding, always smiling, polite and attentive--he seemed to know what we wanted before we did ! I also should mention that Honey and Toni in the main restaurant were also marvellous -- but actually,all the staff were good.
This is not somewhere to stay for 2 weeks as you are a captive audience with only the one restaurant and it is difficult to travel elsewhere other than by speedboat which is expensive so the menu does get a little monotonous--having said that the food was fabulous and we enjoyed every meal. My only complaint was that I often wanted a glass of white wine and after 3 days they had run out of the wines sold by the glass and wouldn't offer any of the others except by the bottle--I think that is unacceptable.
I went to the spa once and their gardens let the place down badly-very bare and uncared for. However, lovely girl called Orchid did my treatment well.
All in all we had a great time at the Paradee and will certainly go back for 5 or 6 nights at the end of our future trips to Thailand--a great place to totally chill out.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank silverfox026
ParadeeResort, Front Office Manager at Paradee Resort & Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 2 March 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us and to give us a feedback of your stay. We all glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay at Paradee, The SIxth Heaven.

Your comment has been shared among the entire team, and of course all of us were more than happy to know this, especially, Tom, Honey and Toni. Your compliment has lifted them up and of course, encourage them to deliver their best effort to ensure our guest will be satisfied during their stay with us.

I also appreciated that you have brought the issue regarding serving wine by glass which I have already looked into it. Unfortunately, on that day, there was a delivery problem between the wine company and hotel due to our isolated location. However, we would have offer another wine by glass even if it is not a our house wine. I have already informed our staff and management team to be flexible when it comes to guest service. Please accept my sincere apology that we were not able to meet your expectation and inconvenience caused to you.

Through your valuable comment, it has been a good case study for us to improve our service as Paradee's goal is to exceed guest's expectation.

Just a quick inform that we have already completed to maintain and repair Spa garden area for your next visit.

I trust that your journey home was a comfortable one and we look forward to the opportunity of having you return as our guest again in the near future.

At your service

east anglia
Reviewed 17 February 2011

This must be one of the quietest hotels I have ever been to. but if you were going to stay too long it might be overwhelming. The staff do everything then go another mile to keep you pampered. The villas are perfect and very spacious. We had a beach front one with its own pool. The food is good but it is pricey and the drinks are very expensive about eight times the price down the long dusty road to the village.
The road through the island is very rough and it is about 4 miles to the small village and its restaurants. Taxis can be had for 500 baht to take up about ten people each way (back of pick up - no safety!). It is a very hard walk but due to the nature of the road it is nearly as quick! I believe the only restaurants are at the village, as is a a lot of other activities so it is well worth the trip.
There is however little to do at the hotel they do have hobby cats and will organise tours snorkeling etc which are not the cheapest
There is no all day bar but the drinks from room service which covers the beach are the same price. The sunset bar has views to die for!
the free Wi fi covers the whole of the resort down to the beach. unfortunately wind conditions were not ideal when we were there which kept the sea rough and this made it quite murky and the noise in the beachfront rooms will take a couple of days getting used too with the rollers coming in all night
Very good for a relaxing after a long haul flight before going on for more acttivity elsewhere, and I would think it would be hard to beat for a honeymoon

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
ParadeeResort, Front Office Manager at Paradee Resort & Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 18 February 2011
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your candid comments about your recent stay at Paradee, The Sixth Heaven.

I am glad to read that your stay with us was relaxing and that all our staff were friendly and helpful.

Your remark price of food and beverage is one of our concerns that we have been working on with the management team to provide best food with best ingredients to our Paradee guests.

Regarding the rough road, we have been fully aware of it. Since Paradee resort is located with in a National Park, we are not allowed to conduct pavement construction by ourselves. However, there seems to be a good news concerning this rough road. For safety reason, Paradee always recommend our guest to take a speed boat to trip around the island.

I am afraid that your villa was noisy due to heavy wind. All of your valued feedback have been shared with all management with many thanks.

On behalf of the entire team I am glad that we were able to provide you with a peaceful and relaxing holiday experience.

We will be looking forward to welcome your next visit in sooner future

Best regards,
London
Reviewed 12 February 2011

A great place to unwind and enjoy the simple things in life. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Could do with a few more choices as far as the menu is concerned.
Villas are quite private, especially the garden pool ones.
Would we go again? Possibly, but for no more than 5-6 days.
Ask for Tom who sometimes looks after the main pool area- he really knows how to look after people!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
ParadeeResort, Front Office Manager at Paradee Resort & Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 13 February 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post your valuable comments to trip advisor about your recent stay at Paradee The Sixth Heaven. I sincerely thank you for your positive comments and compliments. Your comments have been shared with the team and are also a motivation and a reward for their daily duties.

We have well noted regarding more choices of menu, our executive chef has been informed and aware of it. Chef is also working on providing more menu choice to our guest to satisfy all of our guests' taste.

I do hope that you will indeed be able to come back and see us again soon. Thank you for your kind comments.
North Yorkshire
Reviewed 11 February 2011

Spent a couple of days here at the end of January 2011, Villas are nice but need a bit of maintanance in a few areas, rusty taps and a few grubby areas! for the price of this place it should be tops and in line with big chains like six senses (sure the prices are but they dont quite justify it). There is only one restaurant, breakfast was great however the evening menu looks fab but the western menu is a complete rip off- I ordered a prawn cocktail for about £13-14 and it consisted of a half avocado pear with prawns and sauce in the middle of it....very pricey for what it was. For mains my choice was steak and chips at a cost of approx £38.00, when it arrived it was a medium size steak and frozen oven chips with no sign of veg or salad, i had to ask for veg (cost extra) which arrived when i had nearly eaten the steak. Overall a beautiful setting but far too overpriced. Sunset bar is beautiful but beware of insects (ouch).

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Whittingham-Adams
ParadeeResort, Front Office Manager at Paradee Resort & Spa Hotel, responded to this review, 15 February 2011

-Maintenance required (Rusty taps and a few grubby areas)
We, all management team, have inspected all of our villas to recheck all taps' condition. Since the design and concept of villa is antique as well as its color, it sometimes might look rusty. However, your comment was shared with our Housekeeping and Engineering team.

-High price of food
For this regard, our executive chef has been aware. However, Paradee always pursuits to provide the best food with the freshest ingredients. Through your valued comment, management team has tasted those mentioned food items. We are actively working on re-food costing to provide the best food with reasonable price as well as prompt food service.

It is through feedback as yours that we are able to improve the quality of our services and we thank you for sharing with us.
We hope that it will not alter your confidence in Paradee, The SIxth Heaven.

We will be looking forward to welcome you back in sooner future.

Best regards,

Front Office Manager
Gullane, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 January 2011

Billed as 5 star but it is not, a good 4 star.
However its a great location. It has two beachs so you can watch the sunrise on one and later the sunset on the other.
It is small, I would say no more than 40 villas. It is quiet. Do not come here for a action packed holiday. Its a place you come to rest and relax. It is not for teenagers, clientelle are either couples or families with small kids who are happy playing in the sand. No night life.
The beach is small but big enough for the number of guests. A few hobby cat sailing boats, the odd wind surf board and a few canoes, that about as far as the water sports go, not that I ever saw them being used.
Rooms are individual villas. Three categories, standard villas three rows back from beach, Pool Villas second row back which have a small dip pool and beach front villas which have a dip pool but you can walk right on the beach. Ignore the Pool Villas, they are not worth the extra cost as the trees cut out the sun so you cannot sunbathe by your own private pool.
Food is good but expensive. They have you trapped on an island with nowhere else to go and they charge accordingly. Take lots of sun cream as they only sell factor 50 and charge about £20 for a regular size bottle.
Conclusion: Great for a short break at the end of a long trip as we did but after about 4 days I suspect you will be bored.
Tip: watch the sun go down at the Sunset Bar lounging on the pillow linned sofas drinking a lovely cocktail.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
Melbourne
Reviewed 6 January 2011

I enjoyed my stay at this resort very much. The diligent effort that the hotel makes to make guests feel comfortable is unparallel to any other hotel/resort that I have stayed at (and i have stayed at many places). The rooms are pristine and the attention to detail paid is amazing (boutique handmade soaps, music to set the mood, afternoon tea delivered to your room, etc). The staff are friendly and extremely helpful. The food, especially breakfast, was delicious. The exclusivity of the resort made it a very quiet and relaxing stay. The beach was beautiful. I loved this place. I think it is worth the price.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
#5 of 20 in Ko Samet
Vongdeuan Resort
Vongdeuan Resort
#6 of 20 in Ko Samet

Been to Paradee Resort & Spa Hotel? Share your experiences!