Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 29/10/21
Booking.comUS$82
eDreamsUS$82
CheapTicketsUS$96
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 October 2012

The lock wasn't properly working, we had to go back to reception to ask for help. The plugs in the room weren't working, we had to ask the reception to send someone to fix them. The second night of our stay the water stopped running, we went to the reception and told them about the problem. Fifteen minutes later still no water and none coming to say what's going on so we went back to the reception to find out it's gonna take another ten minutes - the people there didn't consider it might be nice for them to come to our room and inform us, nor they ever appologizec for the inconvenience.

Very poor breakfast, coffee was some kind of brown water. If you ordered fresh coffee from their menu things changed in terms of quality but also in terms of price - 90 thb for an iced espresso!!!
Although they have a nice designed and decorated terrace and restaurant it is useless as at 8.30 in the evening lights are turned off, the pillows are put away, restaurant and bar are closed. There's none available at the reception at that time, in case you have a problem, you are doomed. Not to mention around 9pm the latest they lock both gates leading to the village. In case you are late you have to take a detour and come to the resort from the beach.

The room was dirty, yellow sheets, dirty towels, sand and hair all over the floor. The first day I went to 7Eleven and bought my own cleaning products to clean the bathroom, otherwise I ccouldn't have touched anything in there.

The personnel looks bored and treats the guests with the biggest indiference I have ever met in this country. Not to mention they can barely speak English. I've been living in Thailand for two and a half years and I must say this was the first time I experienced such bad service.

Room tip: Do not book this resort! You pay for 3 stars and get 1.
Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Elena S
Reviewed 21 September 2012 via mobile

When we arrived I wanted to leave right away! The roads from the pier were fluded from the rain and there are just mud roads no asphalted roads. About the Grandview Hideaway at Ao Cho. The rooms are basic but sold to you as 3 stars. Anyhow we saw other resorts and came to the conclusian than better than we have it's impossible. They serve meals at the beach ( the resort being on the beach) the furniture is very old and dirty. One evening we sat on a table and somebody from the staff told us not to do that cause the tables are used the next morning for breakfast but they didn't send away the dog laying confortably on a table. When you try to explain nobody understans you, staf's skills are poor for English and poor for serviceability. There are al over the eating tables and chairs termites and ants. The chaislongs are old and dirty. Breakfast is made in early mornig and laying at the need of ants.
But if you like spending your time in a quiet place and don't mind the hard bed or the unhelpfull staff it can be your place for a at the beach vacation.
Never come back here and never advise somebody to visit.

Date of stay: September 2012
2  Thank CarmenEindhoven
Reviewed 24 August 2012

We stayed here for three days after ten days of energetic sightseeing, trekking etc. and it was exactly what we needed. The rooms are in separate 'huts' and are very basically decorated and furnished, but ours was clean, and when the toilet failed to flush staff dealt with it immediately. The location is hard to fault for a short stay - there are a couple of small shops if you walk along the beach - and we found no reason to go further at all, as sellers on the beach kept passing offering fruit, tattoos, sarongs, massage. This could get annoying, but they took refusals well, and we made various purchases. Our accommodaton and breakfast was part of our group tour, so I don't know the rate, but prices for meals seemed reasonable (with a good choice of Thai, some European and fabulous barbecue), especially when you consider that everything has to be brought in by boat, and as the restaurant is right on the beach, we didn't bother to go further afield. My teenage daughter said the pool was lovely, but I was so happy in the sea that I didn't check it out. We slept well, so maybe the construction work is finished, or maybe we were just tired enough that we didn't notice. I'd be very happy to come back here.

Room tip: We didn't have a sea view, so didn't use our terrace except for drying clothes, but we weren't more than 10m from the beach so not a problem.
Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank Talya B
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Our room was not very nice at all, stains down the wall and very very basic. Good selection of food for breakfast, however all the swarming flies turned me off it!! Perhaps some covers would be ideal!! The new part of the resort on the beach front is very nice, and am sure once the renovations are done, the new rooms will be too.

Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank poppet2
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I have stayed here before and again rented a Thai House Cottage. We stayed for two nights three days in early Feb 2012. I was awakened both mornings at 8am by construction workers banging on metal beams. Yet, after 10am there was no more noise, could have waited to make noise later in the day.
The worst thing was trying to eat breakfast in their dinning room. There was a constant parade of Russians in speedos and two piece bathing suits, with their fat, body hair, crotches and butt cracks parading face level as we were trying to eat. They were using the employee kitchen entry to sort cut to the beach, instead of following the path a few more meters to go through the lobby or around building. I was standing in a line waiting for fresh eggs and they were pushing through the line of people waiting, instead of walking one meter around a table next to us. I had one man grab my arm and push it out of his way so he could walk through the line. The staff in the dinning room were just standing around, instead of stopping them from disturbing people trying to eat. It was rude and disgusting what these people were doing and the hotel staff did nothing to stop it!

Date of stay: February 2012