Pension Stampfer was a good choice for us on a number of fronts:
1. The facilities were very nice, clean, and modern. They have a wonderful outdoor sitting area that is sheltered for all sorts of weather yet has a view over the lake. The TV, which I don't think we had on for 5 minutes, is a large flat screen with a good picture. There was adequate closet space for luggage and clothing. The beds were quite comfortable. The bathhouse was large and private. There was a place to grill. There was a dock with steps down into the crystal clear, but cool, water. There was a ping pong table and plenty of lawn chairs.
2. The location was also good. There was very little street noise, and things seemed to shut down pretty early anyway. There was a little bit of a walk down to the lake, which was easier than the walk back up to the house, about 5 minutes, but the walk looked like it would be similar for most any chosen location, with the exception of some of the larger motels further west down the lake. There were good restaurant locations that we could walk to.
3. Mr. Stampfer was very helpful, carrying one of our bags for us on the way in, and orienting us to the area. He had tips for us daily, and always seemed to know the weather that would be coming in.
4. The price was reasonable for the service and facilities.
5. The breakfast was very good. We were always offered eggs cooked multiple ways including with bacon. They also had the normal items for the area such as Broetchen, cheese, meats, jams. Also, they made tea and coffee and had orange juice.
We will confidently recommend this place to friends, and would not hesitate to stay there again, if we are in the area!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Pension Stampfer reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.