See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

Our visit was pleasant and the food was lovely (first time trying speckknudelsuppe?). The head? Waitress was seriously abrupt which my friend assures me is just the norm in Austria but was rather odd to experience. Nevertheless it made for good conversation and mission impossible style escapades retaking a menu that she kept snatching from us to look at the drinks menu and deciding how petrified the other staff were of this she devil. She did soften when we paid the bill but still in no uncertain terms told us to get out for enjoying our coffees and finishing drinks at the ungodly late time of 9:20.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 June 2016 via mobile

We've been their on our cycling tour. The rooms were excellent. At breakfast the choice was very extended. At evening a 5 course dinner of good taste. Friendly personnel. Welness for swimming, relaxing and different sauna's. The prices of the hotel rooms are very reasonable. Everyone of our group qualified this a top hotel.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 July 2014

lovely family run hotel - glad I returned as the food was excellent again. Garage parking for the bikes and the location is great for touring Italy, Austria & Switzerland.
I'm sure I'll be back again as it is so conveniently located and consistently good.

Date of stay: June 2014
1  Thank wessie01
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Very welcoming family run hotel. I was in a group of motorcyclists travelling back to the UK from Italy, staying just one night. The hotel has a large garage and is centrally located with a bank, bars and other facilities nearby. Nauders itself, would make a good base for a holiday as it is close to the border with Italy & Switzerland and surrounded by fabulous roads & scenery.
The hotel has a large bar and separate restaurant. We went for the half board option and the food choices were very good and excellent value at just 58 euros per person for dinner, bed & breakfast. My room was good, with a balcony & mountain view.
After dinner we settled in the bar to watch the end of the Euro football to see England get knocked out on penalties, yet again. The breakfast buffet was very good.
A number of the people on my trip had used this hotel before and I can see why they were keen to return. I visit this part of Austria from time to time and the Hochland will be at the top of my list for a longer stay. There is a pool in the basement, although I didn't get a chance to test this.

Date of stay: June 2012
4  Thank wessie01
Reviewed 30 June 2011

We stayed here as a group of 4 mates on a cycling holiday. The hotel was very well kept and had a lovely family feel to it, Herr Ploner and his family went out of their way to ensure all our needs were met. They went out of their way to sort out storage for the bikes and an early pasta breakfast on the day of the race. The food was very good,rooms immaculately clean and facilities very good. I would recommend it for anyone looking for a typical Austrian hotel in a small village.

Date of stay: June 2011