“Overall Good Experience”

Arion Hotel Vienna Airport
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Schwechat
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I stayed in this hotel on two separate occasions as Vienna was my first and last stop on my vacation. The location is not incredibly convenient if you are planning an extended stay in Vienna and want to spend a lot of time in the city, but it is fairly easy to get into town using Vienna's public transit system. The train station is about a 10 minute walk from the hotel. The same train is only two stops from the airport, which is convenient.

The rooms were clean and decent. The second room I stayed in was a little nicer and more spacious. The staff was helpful and about as friendly as it gets in Austria (which isn't saying a whole lot in my experience). A nice continental breakfast is offered at an additional charge. Free wifi is available as well. Neither of the rooms I stayed in had air conditioning so I had to open the windows, but there were no screens in one room which allowed bugs in. Although you might think the location would be quiet as it's kind of in the middle of nowhere, the other hotel guests were quite noisy until well after midnight, then the early risers made a lot of noise in the morning.

Overall, I had a good experience and would stay again if I found myself flying in or out of Vienna and staying for just a night or two. If I was staying much longer or traveling by rail, I would probably look for something closer to town.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Easy access to airport and helped us out by storing our grandson's car seat in the hotel for a week, saving us time and money for airport storage. Desk personnel were friendly, efficient and the accommodations were more than adequate for a night's stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2014

My bed felt like barbed wire. I spoke to the reception worker and he said he would have it replaced by the time I returned that evening---but he apparently forgot. When I explained the situation to the new front desk workers they asked me what language I was speaking. I got my German friend to explain the situation and they gave me a new room. The new beds were much better. The breakfast was pretty good but the milk was almost sour and ruined my cereal. They had a very nice lounge area with large TV and good beer/wine. Some of my party complained that the workers were smoking and talking in the wee hours of the morning right below their room window. I'm not sure why they didn't tell them to pipe down, but they didn't. I think this would rate higher if the service had been slightly better, but overall it was ok.

Room Tip: The wi-fi connection was best in the lounge and in the reception area. Try not to get a room with aw...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This hotel looks average from the outside. Lots of parking, some under cover of trees.
I stayed in a single room. it has no air conditioning, and as it was a hot night, I had to open both windows to get any breeze in to cool the room.
The bathroom was very clean and functional.
There was a mini bar in the room, but the fridge was locked, and no matter how tempted I might have been to sample the goodies, my room key did not fit the lock! This begs the question, why have the mini bar??
The restaurant served a variety of dishes, and I sampled the Wiener Schnitzel. It was OK, but not as good as one served at a motorway service station in Triebon.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed overnight at this hotel before catching an early flight from Vienna airport, which is around 10 minutes away by car/shuttle bus. Hotel has decent sized rooms, comfortable beds and is very clean, although some of the furnishings look tired. It's definitely not a 4-star hotel but you have everything you need for a good night's sleep, including a restaurant for late dinner and breakfast. There's nothing else around the hotel, which is in a residential/industrial zone, so the restaurant is quite busy.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ElenaMalta
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Reasonably convenient location about 10 minutes by car.

Rooms are quite spacious (even my single room was fine) though basic.

OK place to spend a night before or after a flight, though not a lot else to say about the place.

Restaurant is fairly missable.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I was on my way back home from Romania, and we stopped in Vienna for a night - waiting for our flight the next morning. This hotel was very nice. The lobby had a lot of seating, and since it was close to Christmas time, there was a Christmas tree in the lobby. It made the hotel feel very welcoming. I slept in a roll-away bed that was brought into a king room. The roll-away was surprisingly very comfortable. The room was beautiful and had everything we needed. There was some street noise, but I still had a very nice stay. Nothing but good memories of this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank ChorusRomance
Also consider these accommodations in or near Schwechat
MOXY Vienna Airport
JUFA Hotel Wien City
#63 of 359 in Vienna
Boutiquehotel Hein
#2 of 6 in Schwechat

Been to Arion Hotel Vienna Airport? Share your experiences!