We went here after recommendation by a hotelowner. The location is grandiose, but the interior is not quite as nice. I asked for a stew, and it came covered with mushrooms (not mentioned on the menu). Since I am allergic to mushrooms I asked for an alternative: the waitress came back with the same bowl a minute later and said the mushrooms had only been laid on top for decoration and weren't part of the sauce. Since I haven't had any problems in many years I accepted this-- only to find out that the stew had many mushrooms mixed through. Since the colours were indistinguishable, I ate from it till I recognized the different substance. I vomited within 10 minutes thereafter in the restroom. The waitress was entirely disinterested, and I had to greatly insist that it is a very serious mistake to make. The manager (or so) came by and told me I must have a very difficult life with such a terrible allergy-- but to be fair he tried his best (offering me a tirami su on the house, not such a nice prospect after having thrown up). In the end they took my dish off the bill, we paid for the rest. Somehow--still feeling extremely nauseous & dirty after the experience--I feel they got off really easily.
The rest of the food also was not good: The bread was stonecold & not fully baked (clearly it should have been finished in the oven just before serving) and worse: the salad was sandy and contained unidentified black seedlike grains (eggs?) attached to the leaves. The cook clearly is not to be trusted here.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.