“De Golf Hotel.”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Bredene
Coventry, England, United Kingdom
“De Golf Hotel.”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

This is our third visit to the hotel, we go to spend time with my brother and his family who live in Bredene.
The hotel is situated on the sea front above the family owned tea rooms. There is off street parking nearby. The hotel is very clean. The family are very friendly and speak excellent English and other languages.
Breakfast is continental and very adequate, service is excellent. Rooms are on the small side but they are only to sleep in after all. Noise carries within the hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Italien
Reviewed 9 July 2013

On my way to Calais wanting to reach England, my car brakes down on the motorway. You can imagine my bad mood and this was a Sunday. After leaving the car in Bredene workshop, the tow truck guys took me to a nice little hotel on the sea front in Bredene close to OSTENDE. I was still in a bad mood but things were to change. After a few minutes in the hotel, I already knew the hotel Manager would drive me the next morning to the garage were my car was... Already a good news. The day was a sunny one so I went on a walk along the sea side and watched a bicycle race. A lot of music, joy, happy families and a nice sea side atmosphere. My troubles were almost gone. I had a nice dinner in the hotel maybe exaggerating on the ice cream but so what. A chat with the owners and a good night sleep. The next morning after a good breakfast, the owner was punctual there waiting for me to drive me to the garage.
When everything goes wrong and all of a sudden the day gets better... You do not forget.
Congratulation to the family ruling Hotel De Golf in Bredene, they deserve a big hug.
PS. I still had to pay the bill for my repare but it was not so bad.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Patrip20
Herts
Reviewed 25 September 2012

We have stayed in Bredene before ,but not in September and was very surprised how quiet the town was. The hotel is situated above the family owned tea rooms ( lovely smells of coffee and baking!) and is very friendly. There is building work currently being carried out at the rear of the hotel but it did not affect us at all. There is also off street parking a few minutes walk away. The room itself was on the small side with limited space to manoeuvre round the end of the beds to get to the bathroom but it was very clean, bright and newly refurbished and the beds were very comfortable.

The bathroom was also small with no bath just a shower cubicle that you had to squeeze into but ok once inside. The water was on a timer button so you had to keep pressing the button to keep the water running.

Unfortunately the rooms are not sound proof and it can be very noisy.Not just from the immediate rooms next door but from all along the corridor. Hence you can hear other guests just going about their normal every day routines. Do not expect to get a lie in!

Breakfast was served on the first floor ( not in the tea rooms) and was again spotlessly clean with friendly, efficient service with typical continental breakfast choices.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Carolhan
St Albans
Reviewed 11 September 2012

We arrived at this hotel for a one night stay at the end of a very long drive. We arrived considerably later than planned but the staff were friendly and very understanding. The breakfast was a small selection of cold meats and cheeses, plus fruit juice and cereal but very adequate. The hotel was immaculately clean, and decorated in a modern, slightly minimal style, and benefits from a car park a couple of minutes' walk away.

Our only problem was the noise from the room next to our room: the occupant returned at 1am waking us up, and the sounds from the bathroom left little to the imagination. Unfortunately the guest was up much earlier than we were so we were awakened again!

Overall, the hotel is very welcoming and very friendly, but a little noisy.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bredene
Noordzeepark Zeewind
#2 of 47 in Ostend
Royal Astrid Hotel
Royal Astrid Hotel
#10 of 47 in Ostend

Been to Hotel De Golf? Share your experiences!