“Delicious food. Not sure re service”
Review of Benelux

Benelux
Ranked #26 of 117 Restaurants in De Panne
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

A lovely place to eat . The good was fantastic tho a little pricey . The service was good but we asked for coffee at the end of our meal and it never came. One of the waitresses totally ignored me when I tried to remind her. Not a mistake . Definitely blanked me . Never the less ignoring this we enjoyed our meal. Just toes above snooty waitress

Reviewed 11 August 2013

We come here often, and normally enjoy a very good meal.... Have not been here in a year, and we were very disappointed with the quality of food.
One enjoys having the <grey shrimp> from the north sea when having an aperatif, but this time, fake crab... sad for a seaside restaurant.
The menu is a good value for price, but waiters were very confused what was on and off the menu. Dishes sent were not what was ordered, but came back anyway with a new name. Normally the fresh cod in truffle sauce is a delight, this time, no truffles in site.
Quite expensive for what we received... to bad, we were planning a reunion here in September. Off to find a new restaurant.

2  Thank polarbearpenguin
Reviewed 7 June 2013

We walked in for lunch today, not expecting anything special - how wrong we were ! We were given a tasty amuse bouche almost as soon as we sat down. The starters were well presented and good value. Main courses were excellent. My brochette of beef with two sauces was amazing and I gave the dish ten out of ten. The beef was really tender and the sauces delicious. All four of us would certainly go there again. The only down side was that the service was a bit slow. Although this did not worry us today, I guess it might have been a problem if one was in a hurry.

1  Thank Steve B
Reviewed 17 October 2012

We reserved a table and got a total different table, it took an hour before we got our meal, the children got their dish first en after 10 minutes arrived our dish! I ordered pasta with mussels, but there where no mussels in it at all, so they returned with the same plate with 3 mussels on it!
They brought a bottle of wine we did not order and brought 2 coffees while we were still eating!
Didn't speak Dutch at all. and were very unpolite! The best advidse is to avoid this bistro. It's a sham it still exists!!

2  Thank KDHMM
Reviewed 25 August 2011

Found some great reviews about this restaurant, so decided to have a go at it. However, it turned out to be a (slight) disappointment. The starters (scampi and croquettes with shrimps) were okay, but no more than that. The main courses were a bit disappointing: the grilled entrecote did not taste like it was grilled, the sole meuniere was below average as well. The restaurant also offers sole meuniere as a children's dish. However, I do not expect to find any fish bones left in my 2-year-old's meal. The desserts are not worth mentioning. I was also astonished that most waiters dit not speak Dutch (the offical language in De Panne). I am able to speak French, but when I go out for dinner in Flanders, I expect to be able to speak Dutch.
So, I will not return here. I have to admit I noticed a lot of locals in this restaurant though (which is usually a good thing). However, my opinion is that it is too pricey for the quality offered. There are far better restaurants in the immediat vicinity.