“Out of the way, but lovely”
Review of Hotel Ter Zuidhoek

Hotel Ter Zuidhoek
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Roeselare
London, United Kingdom
“Out of the way, but lovely”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed in May 2014, and booked one of the suites, because there was no other availability. I was really pleasantly surprised, the suites are in their own detached building (only 2 of them), so it's pretty peaceful, plus the room looked absolutely lovely, there was a lot of attention to detail (complementary waffle biscuits and water, for instance), more stylish than we expected after being around Roeselare, which was ok but not really inspiring. It was a little pricier than the others, but well worth it, after driving around the town and seeing the others! It is outside the town of Roeselare, which is fine if you are driving as you can park your car there as well (parking in Roeselare town is very restricted). We also had dinner at the hotel, which served local dishes. the hostess was a total sweetheart and looked after us, we'd love to stay again if we were around that area. We drove back to France to get to the Eurotunnel, the motorway is very close and pretty much straightforward, a quick and easy drive, we actually arrived there early as it was pretty much traffic-free.

Room Tip: Get the suite!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 April 2014

A beautiful little place out in the country side. I was extremely impressed with the hotel the restaurant and the service.
I arrived late on a Sunday after the restaurant had already started to close. I have been to many hotels where this has happened and they flat refuse to cook anything so you end up with a silly little sandwich. Not here they cooked us (myself and a colleague) one of the most beautiful steaks I have ever eaten, good food good wine and perfect service.
My room was large, clean, functional and looked great. The bed was comfortable and the room warm and easily controlled. Bathroom was spacious and extremely clean.
As to the service I have never been to a hotel where the management (Angela) ironed my shirt before heading out to work!

I cannot fault this hotel, bar or restaurant. I hope I will be working in the area again some time so I can revisit the hotel.

Nothing better than looking over the countryside while having your morning coffee. Watching the BBC news, as the room I stayed in has a few British channels just to make your stay a little more comfortable!

I thank Angela and Eddy once again!

Room Tip: I think my room was room 7 and it was very very nice. I have not seen any other room.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Michael R
Lancs. England
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Last stayed here a year ago, I am always concerned going back to somewhere I was impressed with the first time. No need to worry here, it's got better. Angela greated me like an old friend, wow rememberd after a year, impressed or what. I thought that even though I was travelling alone I would spoil myself and book room 4 which is a suite. Once again Angela's touch is evident for all to see. Bed really comfortable and a fantastic large shower. This room is one that you would expect from a much larger and luxurious hotel.
I would advise anyone that if you have the oppotunity of staying here, go out of your way to do so. Eddy and his son will prepare a fantastic meal for you so make sure you have a good appetite.
It really is nice to find a hotel that still has values. A small family run hotel that offers fantastic food and service.

Room Tip: They are all perfect but go for room 4 if possible.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank david 3826
Alton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2013

Four BSA Owner Club Thames Valley Branch members took a motorcycle trip into Belgium, a much overlooked country which has a lot to offer especially in the friendship and cuisine areas.
So I would like to share this very nice experience that four of us experienced during the summer of 2012 (yea, OK what summer). We went off to Belgium for a week in July and stayed at the Hotel Ter Zuidhoek, Roeselare. Two of us trailered the bikes and two rode. We arrived, wet, late in the afternoon and just getting ourselves sorted before going to the reception when Eddy a Glaswegian speaking Belgian suggested that we moved the bikes and car to another part of the hotel grounds where the bikes could be parked under cover and in a secure compound. We then went to reception where we met Eddie’s wife the “boss” a small but very capable Glaswegian lady who could not do enough for us.
Fortunately the weather stayed dry most of the time and we were able to explore the coastal areas and of course some of the WW1 battlefield scenes and museums, including the evening Menin Gate ceremony (a very moving experience if you have not been to it) all in reasonably dry if not very warm conditions. The Gent ten day festival (Art’s, Theatre,Music, BEER & Food) was visited by train and Eddy our host was only too pleased to take us to the station and offered to collect us when we arrived back from our trip. I can speak for all of us and we would recommend this hotel to anybody.
It is small so book well in advance, it’s in the countryside on the outskirts of the town, it has a very good restaurant with excellent food cooked by Eddy & his son, there is a super play area for the kids which is secure and easily supervised.
All in all this is a very friendly hotel and well worth sharing with fellow travelers and BSAOC members. If you are interested then contact Eddy & Angela you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank M A T
Ghent, Belgium
Reviewed 11 June 2013

I got there by accident. Last minute booking. But what a nice surprise! I seldom met such nice and helpful people. The location outside the city in a beautiful rural area gives you this peace and relaxation you have been looking for all the time. The rooms are extremely clean and spacious. And you will not find those dusty carpets other hotels love to have! (I hate those dust-gatherers).
Actually, I don't know whether this is a good idea to write this review or not as I will be back there and I don't want somebody else to take my room!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Lancs. England
Reviewed 17 January 2013

I travel a lot and it takes something exceptional in a hotel to really impress me but Ter Zuidhoek did. First and foremost Angela and Eddy are two of the nicest people I have come accross, nothing is too much trouble for them. Fistly if you are driving by Sat Nav don't as it will take you on a great drive through the fielsd, give Eddy a call and he will give you very simple directions from the motorway junction 8. When you arrive at the hotel you cannot fail to be impressed, set in the middle of farm land in a tottaly peaceful environment.

The rooms are very tasteful and very new with everthing you would expect. I actually booked a suite but was given a double room but at this hotel I really didn't care, it was so good. The food is without question just one of the high spots.

This is hotel old fashioned service with a very, very big smile. If you are lucky enough to get a room (they only have seven) kick back and enjoy it.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are good.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Scotland
Reviewed 29 September 2012

I can't thank Angela & Eddie enough for all he kindness they showed us in such awful circumstances. They were wonderful. The rooms are really spacious, and the food wonderful.
We will return one day to say thank you in person.

Room Tip: Make sure you eat in the restaurant the food is fab!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roeselare
Hotel Mercure Roeselare
#6 of 6 in Roeselare
Albion Hotel
Albion Hotel
#3 of 8 in Ieper (Ypres)

Been to Hotel Ter Zuidhoek? Share your experiences!