For the past eight or so years the ONLY decent place to stay in Montpellier has been Jardin des Sens which, whilst still lovely, is becoming a bit lack lustre and out-dated.
I read a mini article in Conde Nast Traveller about Domaine de Verchant and booked up and we are delighted to have found this stunning new gem.
The actual building, vineyards, gardens and spa are all gorgeous but the interior is where the magic really begins. Each room is jaw-droppingly beautiful, quirky and fun. In the public areas there are several exquisite salons, all individually designed from the all white one to the pink and orange one, the library, bar and AMAZING kitchen. Even the gym is ultra stylish.
Our room, at the top of the main building, was one of the most perfect hotel rooms I have ever stayed in. Huge flat screen, internet access, fab bath with separate tv (and waterproof remote), dressing room, wonderful bed etc etc. Everything was thought out and a sheer delight to use. There were some really amazing pieces of one-off furniture that one never normally sees in hotel rooms.
The breakfast was completely and wonderfully over the top. Cereals, a huge basket of pastries to ourselves, honies, jams, meats and yoghurts - the lot - and it was served in the kitchen which has to be the funkiest version of a 'chef's table' that I have ever come across.
The staff were also very aesthetically pleasing and all had a real can-do attitude. The whole experience was wonderful.
We are very keen hotel visitors, we own a very busy one in the Cotswolds and have an almost obsessive interest in checking out other hotels. This one most definitely met and exceeded even our highest expectations. Could be the best we've stayed in, closely followed by La Mirande in Avignon.
We are going back in July - wish it was tomorrow.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 17 hectare of vineyard surrounds The Domaine de Verchant hotel & spa composed of 16 exquisite rooms, junior suites and apartments. The decoration of the hotel was entrusted to the care of Raymond Morel, a renowned interior decorator who has reinvented and recreated a number of prestigious Parisian hotels. Elegant modernity is rendered by international designed furnishing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, MrandMrsSmith, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Domaine de Verchant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Domaine De Verchant Hotel Castelnau-Le-Lez
- Domaine De Verchant France/Castelnau-Le-Lez