If you want luxury in a great location for exploring the Carmargue and Provence then this hotel will suit. Very comfortable bed- not so much the loungers. Loungers on our terrace had no cushions. Pool side it felt odd to be lounging amongst stylishly dressed diners and a conference table nearby. When the restaurant is busy you have no choice but to walk through the diners as they shut off the other doors to lay more tables. Would have liked to try the hydro pool in the spa but a further 20 euros fee is requested, although deducted if you book a spa treatment. I just fancied trying the pool and did not want to pay yet more. 300-500 euros a night ought to be enough! Nespresso coffee machine greatly publicised- but again 3 euros for each capsule which cost 30 pence when bought in bulk!! Breakfast good but not amazing for 25 euros. Some juices ran out, scrambled eggs were cold. Picky I know but just not good enough for that price.
Few niggles with housekeeping who will deliver 2 chocolates each day with a weather report but dirty glasses were left in the room and we had to ration our loo roll on returning late one night!! No hot water on two evenings which would be disappointing if you paid for one of the all singing all dancing showers!
All in all a very beautiful and classy establishment but they could work harder to be warmer and
make the place feel like a hotel and not a business. When we arrived, around 3pm we asked to sit for a drink and they were not keen as ironing the table cloths for dinner. There were armchairs but no umbrellas over these and it was scorching. We sat at a table and ordered some wine and asked for something to eat, assuming a snack menu would be forthcoming. No- a bowl of peanuts! After reading the manual later- we discovered a room service menu so were perplexed why we could not have a club sandwich downstairs. Ordering drinks poolside I felt like a nuisance as the bar and restaurant were flat out with a large party in the restaurant.
As I said, luxury in a great area but at that price they should work on their hospitality and ambience for a truly great experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 17 hectare of vineyard surrounds The Domaine de Verchant hotel & spa composed of 16 exquisite rooms, junior suites and apartments. The decoration of the hotel was entrusted to the care of Raymond Morel, a renowned interior decorator who has reinvented and recreated a number of prestigious Parisian hotels. Elegant modernity is rendered by international designed furnishing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Domaine de Verchant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Domaine De Verchant Hotel Castelnau-Le-Lez
- Domaine De Verchant France/Castelnau-Le-Lez