“Ok. Clean. Place to sleep. ”
Review of Hotel Normandy

Hotel Normandy
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Vernon
Denver, Colorado
“Ok. Clean. Place to sleep. ”
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed for four nights. Booked 2 initially. Was skeptical until I checked it out. Clean. Old. Sometimes a musty older smell. Bought a candle and that ended the smell. Well located if your like me and get bored by the hotels in Countryside. All of Vernon to explore. Would stay there again. Staff was nice. Wifi worked all but once and asked staff to hit reset.

Stayed May 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 30 May 2014

The hotel is old, and it looks like it has been decades since it underwent renovations. This includes the bedding and towels. The only exception is the TV, which appears newer.

I was one minute into my shower when the water went cold with no warning. My hair was full of shampoo. I was not very happy. I waited about 10 minutes but the water did not heat up. I've never had that happen before at a hotel.

Wifi did not work for either my spouse or I. We were located on the top floor.

The hotel appears to cater to tour buses.

Positive items are: rooms are clean and breakfast is decent with a Lott of selection.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rabnut
West Sussex, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 October 2013

This hotel is situated directly on a busy intersection in the middle of town, so pretty noisy all the time, and as it was hot we needed windows opened. Then horrors - after going to bed finding that the music bar over the road went on and on and on until the wee small hours! If you stay at this hotel insist on a room at the back!! Apart from this the hotel was charming inside, with lovely old fashioned areas, well maintained. Breakfast a bit of a let down as although we weren't late there was little choice remaining, and no-one seemed keen to top up what was available. Vernon is an excellent base for touring around the area, and the town itself is lovely, river walks etc, and a good choice of places to eat.

Room Tip: room at the back essential
Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Apersson1
Indian Trail, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We were considering moving to this hotel to be closer for a business trip my husband was on. We thought would check it out first by having dinner in the restaurant. Glad we didn't change our booking. The door says they accept american express. (I know, I know, but it was a business trip and that is what his company uses.) They do not take american express. The meal was overpriced and the meat was stringy. The service was neglectful and the staff (more than one) could use contemporary continental hygene 101 lessons.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Chrissy D
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Like other reviewers we stayed here one night as part of a tour.

(For the record I have dietary issues and my Riviera guide was absolutely fine throughout the tour advising me and finding out of any potential issues).

The hotel is of the older style but we had no issues with our room which was comfortable. The only gripe being no kettle to make tea or coffee.

As stated by another reviewer we were requested to stagger our visit to the restaurant but despite this the service was very slow and my wife's chicken was undercooked. A number of other guests in our group also complained about the chicken. As to breakfast that was fine.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank GreekGeek16
Hereford, Herefordshire
Reviewed 15 September 2013

On a tour with Riviera travel and having specific dietary requirements, which I had advised the tour company of. I checked with the tour guide, a not very helpful woman who brushed me off saying the food was ok for me. However, when the meal arrived, it include the food I am allergic to and so I was served a different meal. The tour company and tour guide had not informed the hotel of my requirements. Ok, you think they'd learn from this, but the same happened at another hotel on the same tour, after having checked with the tour manager, again, re meal requirements. I have complained to Riviera Travel, but have had no response and no apology either from them or the tour manager at the time. I have been on many other tours but never met such blatant negligent attitudes. I will never travel with Riviera again. Food allergy sufferers beware.

Room Tip: don't go there
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Lyon, France
Reviewed 14 September 2013

A old hotel, good food, good freakfast, people are nice.
Just the rooms are a bit old, but it add a little charm on jour staying.
Is the Average price for Vernon (a bit expensive, I don't understand why).
Location is excelent, with a lot of place to park the car and on the city center.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vernon
La Musardiere
#4 of 5 in Saint-Marcel
Hotel du Haut Marais
Hotel du Haut Marais
#2 of 5 in Saint-Marcel

Been to Hotel Normandy? Share your experiences!