Our first trip to Les Olivettes. It is very nice. Lourmarin is a very nice, pretty village, centrally located in the Luberon.
1. We stayed in the Le Pastis rooms. It was on the main floor, well laid out and worked out well. There is a kitchen that is very small. But, there is also access to the main kitchen of the building. Other people staying there when we were there cooked some of their dinners in the main kitchen. That is an option. Note that the rooms are all different. Ours was very nice.
2. The main part of Lourmarin was within walking distance for us--about 1/2 mile past the chateau. Some of our group drove to town and that seemed to work out fine.
3. Pool and grounds were very nice.
4. Breakfast is limited to some breads. We supplemented with OJ, eggs, fruit from the store and the market.
5. Lourmarin has a small market in the center and a larger market just down from the the TI. About 3 miles down the road is a large store (Super U) and that has all kinds of foods and other things.
6. When coming from the west on D973, go past Lauris and take D139 north. You will avoid Lauris and D139 puts you about one block to the west of the side road to Les Olivettes. Plus, D139 is a very pretty little road.
7. We had good dinners at Recreation and L'Antiquaire in Lourmarin.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Les Olivettes is a converted Provencale Farmhouse offering luxury rentals of studio and one-bedroom apartments with unique and spectacular views. Located in the lively & charming village of Lourmarin, it's a great home-base for touring the Luberon and the other major attractions of Provence. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Les Olivettes Hotel Lourmarin