“The most horrible hotel I've been staying the last 10j”
Review of Hotel Ifen

Hotel Ifen
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Wiesloch
Sicily, Italy
“The most horrible hotel I've been staying the last 10j”
Reviewed 13 July 2011

I’ve been staying in this hotel for 1 week, then I decided to go away. Booked the 2 rooms apartment I’ve found it small, dirty and clairaudient. I can also absolutely NOT confirm positive feedback, contrary. The hotel is located middle in a cross of main streets. Who do not care of the traffic noise all night may be good there. The hotel is for me not the “typical hotel” but more an offices house with an hotel floor. I found on the 1st day an old Company ID card on the floor, back the drape. Are also the rooms carefully cleaned? It does not seems, so the room I’ve been staying. In details: the carpet is for my opinion dirty all over the apartment as it is almost more black instead of grey/blue. The apartment is with max. 20qm very small. Diverse accessories (e.g. the vases with plastic flours) are probably not been cleaned in the last months as there is 1 digit flour on. Very nice! You will probably find them (now) cleaned…. The furniture are very cheap so I cannot understand feedbacks saying “modern” (where are living those guys!??). Just say IKEA has high quality in comparison to. The hotel rooms are clairaudient due the fact the walls dividing from other guest rooms are made with cast. (clear…in a offices house you do not need real walls but more a baffle) The best: the kitchen utensils are so that grubby (!) that I got vomit seeing that, really!! I personally have decided even the fact I have booked the apartment due the kitchen to eat outside and having some dinner with sandwich. Showing that to the hotelier he said “oh….the cleaner has wash them not very good” (the lag had all around old/burned egg pieces….I should use that for cooking? Thanks NO!!!). Be happy that I do not upload the pictures. Last but not least the bill does not reflect the price I got over the phone as it came higher. But the crown overall is the hotelier itself that evict you when addressing claims, as I made. He told me if I don’t like as it is I can leave. What for an insolence! I spend 90% my time travelling so sleeping in hotels so I can very well distingue from a generous hotel and the opposite. Dear hotel, I am afraid this is my opinion, perhaps you should rethink your strategy . Thanks God that I do not have necessary to stay in such hotels wasting my time! Just that you have an idea, I’ve been sleeping for almost the same price in other hotels like the Waldschlößel Hotel and the BonneSuite Boardinghouse. Both WONDERFUL in relation of price, service and peoples. I can also fully recommend them to you.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank 2008-01
Ifen, Owner at Hotel Ifen, responded to this review, 14 July 2011
Dear Guest

You may be certain that we will check your complain.
I am sorry, for your disagreeableness.

Best regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Chennai
Reviewed 14 June 2011

I would definitely vouch for this hotel, for the location, proximity to many supermarkets, ATM, bus stops and for the tasty croissants. I stayed in the hotel for 2.5 months and I wouldn't complain at all.
Peter, the manager, is very accommodating and helpful. Though the breakfast was becoming a boring menu after a month, but one cannot complain, if the stay is shorter. My room had a balcony, which had a great view of the main street. The hotel staff were courteous and warm all the time. The Kitchen was equipped with sufficient utensils and appliances. On the whole, the hotel had given me good memories and would recommend this to any one, be it a business trip or a vacation.

Always check for the availability well in advance as the hotel is cheaper than many in Wisloch-Walldorf and almost full in all seasons.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Ifen, Inhaber at Hotel Ifen, responded to this review, 5 July 2011
Thank you for your feedback.We are glad about reviews from our international guests.
All the best for your!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 October 2009

It was a bit hard to find the Hotel Ifen as it is located on the second floor of a building above a retail extablishment. You must take the elevator up just to find the lobby. However, the accommodations were suprisingly nice, the breakfast buffet was excellent and the price was very reasonable.

The rooms were spacious and much larger than typical European hotel rooms. Our room even had a small balcony overlooking the back street. Everything was spotlessly clean and modern. The staff was friendly and courteous but unavalable after 9PM. You had a key to enter the front door. They provided free indoor parking.

The breakfast buffet provided the usual assortment of coffee, juice, rolls, breads, lunchmeats and cheeses, plus yogurt, breakfast cereals, fruits, pastries, and omlettes made to order. I thought it was one of the nicest buffet breakfast spreads that we found in any German hotel.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Los Altos, California
Reviewed 9 October 2007

I'm staying at the Hotel Ifen now. The rooms in the hotel are modern and nice, and the breakfast is not great, but okay. Wiesloch (not too far away) is a nice little town, and it's well-situated for people visiting the local companies.

However, there are a few downsides to note:

* They claim to have WiFi and "in-room internet", but that translates into T-Mobile at 18 euros/day. The room has a phone with an ISDN line, but you have to bring your own modem/adapter (unfortunately, I left mine back in 1995) and I presume you'd be hit with phone charges. There's a PC in the lobby with a net connection for guests to use, but it's kept turned off; to use it, you have to get the manager to turn in on and log you in. Had we known about this (we need better connectivity than that, since I'm a consultant working in the room while my wife is off at the job that brought us here) we would have stayed somewhere else. We in fact made arrangements to check out early and move to another, better connected hotel, but were told here at the Ifen that they would charge us for our full week's stay if we did. Sigh.

* There are no on-site laundry facilities; I guess I shouldn't have been surprised by this, but we've stayed in other business-type hotels that have had coin-op machines in the basement. They'll send out a bag of laundry for 4 euros and get it back to you in two days.

* The staff is competent but, well, a little cranky (and no, it's not just a language matter). Not quite to Basil Fawlty levels, but even simple requests seem like a burden. I'm glad I haven't had to ask them for help on a serious matter.

So, I dunno. It's not a bad place, but there's nothing here to make me want to stay here again.

2 Thank jrm_tadvisor

Travellers are raving about these Wiesloch hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wiesloch
Best Western Plus Palatin Kongress Hotel
#3 of 6 in Wiesloch
Hotel Ambiente
Hotel Ambiente
#3 of 16 in Walldorf

Been to Hotel Ifen? Share your experiences!