“Great place” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Gunzenhausen
Philadelphia
“Great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

The houskeeping staff was great. The restaurant is excellent. Try the ice cream with raspberry sauce for dessert. Spacious room. Most staff were able to communicate well in English, which was helpful since my German is not that good.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Polish first
Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

We lodged in the new building overlooking the Altmühlaue which was very quiet and relaxing, maybe the old building on the Marktplatz could be louder, but it is a small town and most probably evenings are also quiet. The service was very attentive und fulfilled all our wishes. We ate in the restaurant that belongs to the hotel and found the quality of the meals as being very good.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Arbroath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

I have been staying at the Adlerbrau now for 7 weeks, back and forward every 2 weeks due being in Germany for business.
The hotel seems to be very popular and now I know why, the rooms are very modern, clean and tidy to a very high standard (maid service everyday). The staff are very welcoming to everyone, there are a couple of them who speak quite good English which has made my stays here easier as I don't really speak any German.
The restaurant food is to a very high standard (and this is coming from one the most fussy eaters ever). They have both German and English menus but if you still don't know what to have they will always recommend something.
There is a Beer Garden to the rear of hotel, also seating at the front terrace so you always manage to get a seat somewhere without any problems.
Gunzenhausen itself is very quaint town with various shops, bars and other places to eat, I only tried a couple of other places as I normally stuck to the hotel (my choice).
I would recommend this hotel to all ages, groups etc. The only negative thing I can say is that I leave at the end of July but I would definitely come here again for a short break/holiday.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank LauraandGeorge
Winnipeg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2011

Hello Trippies

I recently spent 3 nights at the Adlerbrau. It's a pretty good hotel in the heart of Gunzenhausen.

The location is fantastic as it is right in the marketplatz. The service was excellent.

Ask for rooms in the new building. They are about 9 weeks old so they are new and wonderful. If you get a balcony you will get a great view of the lake and the sunset.

Please check out my pictures of the room and hotel.

I have one caveat to my review of Adlerbrau. If you are a business traveller needing wifi I can tell you the wifi is horrible. I was down during my whole stay because the wifi was so bad. I also book hotels on the fly using wifi connections and I couldn't book my next hotel from Adlerbrau. It was sooooo frustrating. That is my only gripe about the hotel. I mentioned the bad wifi to front desk many times so I imagine they may fix it in the near future.

One more thing... I did stay at the Park Hotel for 4 days last year and I found Adlerbrau better in most respects. Just the wifi issue at Adlerbrau is an issue for business travelers.

Hope this helps you in your travels.

Room Tip: Get a room in the new building.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Kerjner
Hell, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2010

We stayed here as we traveled from the Berlin area to Southern Germany and this hotel was excellent. Beautiful city, secured parking behind the hotel, friendly staff, an excellent restaurant, and a room that was enormous and clean.

We sat on the 2nd floor terrace and enjoyed a bottle of wine from the Franken Region and enjoyed the sunset before heading to the restaurant for dinner. The restaurant had decor that made you think you were in the dining room of a relative's house i.e Mother or Grandmother. The dinner and the service was good.

I would highly recommend staying at the Hotel Adlerbrau. We look forward to spending more time in the Franconia Region on a return trip and would happily stay here on our return trip.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank trbeer
Sao Paulo, Brazil
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2010

This hotel has top, spotless rooms, wi-fi works perfectly, friendly and efficient staff, yummy breakfast and a good restaurant too.
All in all great value for money and a really pleasant stay!
Absolutely reccommended!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gunzenhausen
Parkhotel Altmuehltal
#1 of 3 in Pleinfeld
Hotel Gasthof Krone
Hotel Gasthof Krone
#2 of 3 in Spalt

Been to Hotel Adlerbraeu? Share your experiences!