“And, So, I Return!”

Ranked #2 of 26 Restaurants in Oberaudorf
Price range: US$3 - US$33
Cuisines: International, Delicatessen, Diner
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
“And, So, I Return!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

Spending many meal times in the charming Bernhard's restaurant in Oberaudorf, I always come away yearning for one more visit! I cannot ever get enough of their delicious soups, varied by the seasons; and I still stop by for a nightcap and even a dessert when dining elsewhere! The marvelous service,comfortable surroundings, and zestful dishes from Chef Peter Bernhard, always brings me running back to this comfortable haven. The Vitello Tonnato AGAIN, and the gans leber parfait, still top my favorite lists. Anything with the homemade Roschti potatoes is never a bad choice; the potatoes are so typical of the Swiss style cuisine that occasionally slips into this Continental menu. Once, many years ago, two Venetian chefs made their famous liver and onions: I ate there every night during their visit. I SHALL return!

• Visited August 2014

“Summer Delight!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

Suffering through a frightfully hot summer in the Bavarian Alps, it was a pleasure to cool down with new additions to the charming Bernhard's menu. Listening to my friends go "on and on" about Vitello Tonnato, I finally dug into this incredible dish from Peter Bernhard's charming kitchen. It was sublime! As I started with an amazing Gaspacho Soup, well, what could be more cooling than this different dish? I will return often to this, my favorite Bavarian restaurant, while looking forward to the Herbst (Fall) Special Menus. Hope they last through November...............

• Visited August 2013
“January, 2013”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2013

The finest dining room in the Oberaudorf area, on the German side of the Inn River, is Bernhard's. Many fine meals have been served to us over the years we have been coming to Oberaudorf, but each one seems to be better than the last! It seems I discover a new item on the menu every time I visit, which is quite often. The talented Peter Bernhard, a transplanted Swiss chef, is master of the kitchen; and his wonderful hotel is run by his charming wife, Yvonne. Friendly service, elegant surroundings, and cuisine of an international flavor all combine in this traditional restaurant, always decorated beautifully for the current season. (Be sure to reserve early, as the restaurant and the hotel are ALWAYS booked!) My favorite Caesar salad is really not a true Caesar salad, as it is served with a delicious yogurt dressing, fresh apples, and a delightful array of fresh vegetables and delicately sauteed chicken. The roschti potatoes are my most recent "find," as I generally have the schnitzel with pommes frites. Now I order the roschti, although the spatzle beckons as a heaping dish of the German "Mac and Cheese" passes by. Ah, and the goose liver pate! Still, one of our favorites when in season is the frothy pumpkin soup, with toasted pumpkin seeds heaped in the middle of the bowl. An interesting wine selection is readily available, but I still tend to head to Cafe Luckner's across the alley for dessert. Still, in the late evening, the dessert tellers are so satisfying! Perfect coffee, the German or Italian specialties, are waiting my schnapps as a nightcap. Now, how soon before I am there again...............and what new delicacy awaits my return visit, which I can only dream about for now..

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank RhythmA5678
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
“Exellent Kitchen”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2012

We dined there in September 2012. Modern restaurant in a traditional building.
Food was high quality and service excellent,but pricing was also higher then surrounding restaurants.
Yes we would eat there again!

• Visited September 2012
London
“Very friendly with lovely food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2011

We very much enjoyed several meals in this restaurant during our time in the area. Very friendly and good food.

• Visited April 2011