“Central location”

Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Rosenheim
Otley, United Kingdom
“Central location”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Stayed as part of a group for 4 nights. Hotel in a good location within easy walking distance of the shopping district and for restaurants and bars.
Welcoming staff and recently refurbished but possibly lacking in ambience because of that. Clean with minimalistic furnishings (think IKEA) but nevertheless comfortable. One problem however was the temperature in the rooms making it very comfortable for a good nights rest. Not the fault particularly of the hotel they can't control the weather which was unseasonably hot for August. Room we were allocated was quiet being at the rear of the hotel but there were complaints from other group members about noise in the front rooms.
Free wifi in rooms makes a welcome change in Germany too. Breakfast is the only meal served and was sufficient nothing spectacular but service was good.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank suesutcliffe
Rainer P, General Manager at TRYP by Wyndham Rosenheim, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Dear guests,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

The heat wave hit entire germany and bavaria by surprise, thanks for your kind understanding.
Thank you also for your comments regarding the friendly staff, good service and free of charge wifi.
We continousliy work on improving our standards, be sure that our standards will improve with our new brand.

The Management and Staff

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
UK
Reviewed 14 August 2013

The hotel itself is very well located, just around the corner from the exhibition centre and just behind the town hall. It is a 10-15mins walk from the station and just 5-10mins away from Max-Josef-Platz and the Gillitzerblock - the main shopping areas of the town (there are short cuts you can take if you know the area).

I booked online and took advantage of the Stay 3 pay 2 rate. Breakfast is not included in this rate and is an additional 13€ per day if you choose to breakfast in the hotel. I tried this one morning and there was a good selection of food ranging from boiled and scrambled egg to streaky bacon, yoghurts, sandwich meats and cheese. The bread was nice and fresh and the dining area was lovely and clean.

The staff in the hotel are very friendly and are always willing to help. The room and bathroom was cleaned every day.

I was pleased with the overall cleanliness of my room. The bathroom was spotless! I will say there were a number of scuff marks on the wall under the TV but this is the norm in a hotel as people don't always treat things with care and respect when they are away as it is not their own. It was however nothing that a lick of paint won't fix. I had read reviews about street noise at night. As I stayed during the heat wave I did sleep with my window open on some of the warmer nights and I have to say I did not experience any disturbance from the street directly outside. I was also towards the entrance of the car parking facilities which may have meant it was quieter than those above the entrance to the hotel. The room itself was furnished with two single beds, a comfy high back arm chair, a chair and desk, flat screen TV, two bedside tables and lamps, a phone, a huge wardrobe and a mini bar. I also made use of the free wifi in my room. I found it to be quite fast, in comparison to my home broadband, and reliable and was very pleased with the service. I do think though that the hotel itself would benefit from air conditioning throughout, but this is an added luxury that you can live without.

I will be staying here again. Had the breakfast not been so expensive I would have given this hotel 5/5 as although there was a good choice, I don't think it was worth the 13€ price tag, particularly if, like me, you don't eat a lot in the morning.

Room Tip: As for a room towards the entrance to the car park as this seems to be quieter if you are facing the...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank deffers90
Dear guest

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property and also thank you for your warm and great feedback regarding our hotel.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. We hope you will come back and see us again soon. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand.

Thank you again for taking the time.

Christchurch
Reviewed 30 July 2013

The TRYP hotel is located about a 15 minute walk from the train station and a few minutes walk from the pedestrian mall. The hotel is a four star hotel and it does feel a step up from the three star hotels in the city center. I had a single room facing the street which was pleasantly furnished with a bed, desk, two bedside tables and a lounge chair. There is a flat screen TV and amble storage space including two areas to hang clothing. The bathroom is small, but workable.

The room was clean but there were small marks on the walls and stains on the carpet. The marks or stains were not at all bad, but it was clear the hotel was not brand new.

Breakfast was on the ground floor in a large eating area. There was an area to sit in the conservatory which was pleasant. I usually ate at 6:30 and the room never felt crowded. The breakfast included cereals, breads, scrambled eggs, bacon, a selection of meats and cheeses as well as yogurt. Coffee or tea were delivered to your table.

The staff I interacted with were friendly, especially those at breakfast.

The price of the room is a bit steep at 50% higher than other hotels in the downtown area. However, I was able to get a deal through a booking site for one night free if you book three nights which brought the cost in line with the other hotels. I tried calling the hotel directly to see if they would give me the deal as well, but they said I could only do that online.

There is a casino nearby and a busy road, but noise was never an issue during my stay at night even though I had my window wide open due to the summer heat. I could leave my window open without being woken during the night.

Overall, a good choice in downtown Rosenheim. Look for deals on the booking sites to bring down the costs.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank mhnstr
Dear guest,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property. We are happy that you liked our services.

Look out for the promo deals which we offer quite ongoing if you are planning to stay a few days.

Nuremberg, Germany
Reviewed 17 March 2013

We booked a "business double" for a private weekend and we got a quiet, large room with view to the alps.The room´s furniture were in the typical style of a business hotel.
The breakfast room was nice (Wintergarten), but together with our online-booking I asked for glutenfree bread, which I didn´t get. I should have asked for it the afternoon before, I was advised. They also couldn´t book it for the next days, I should have asked for it every afternoon for the next morning - but then we were on tour and I forgot to order my bread via phone, e-mail or sms. I know it´s a very special need, but it´s possible to deal with this kind of problem in a big hotel like this (formerly Best Western Grand City Hotel), especially when smaller family-run hotels do so perfectly. I paid the full price for the breakfast, but bought parts of it myself.
In the room we had to find out how to switch the lights so that we were able to switch them on and off in the way we needed it: it was actually a little bit of fun.
The hotel´s location ist optimal: close to the centre and not so far from the station (about 10 min walk).
I hope, that we don´t have to stay there again, because we visit Rosenheim several times a year. It´s an impersonal business hotel, it´s mostly clean (please look after the bedside-lamps) and you find an (not so clean) i-Pod docking station in your business-room.
I would have rated it with "good/ok" (not "very good"), but tripadvisor only gives the choices between "very good" and "average" - that´s why this hotel is rated by me as "average". The price was to high, but we didn´t want to stay in a mini-room, so we had to pay.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Rainer P, General Manager at TRYP by Wyndham Rosenheim, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
Dear guest,

thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologise for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure that we offer a better experience for guests in the future. We are sorry that the glutenfree bread was not ordered on time, normally all received guest information we try to process properly to your satisfaction. I must apologize for my team.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely,

Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 1 February 2013

I have stayed here a few times and it is good value for money.
The breakfast is good and the service here is excellent. The rooms are well cleaned and the beds are generally good, but be aware of the fact that there is normally a plastic cover surrounding the madrass, gets very warm in the summer. The rooms situated towards the street is a bit noicy in the mornings, but you should get up anyway. Rosenheim is a very charming city and its walking distance to almost everything from the hotel. There is a garage under the hotel if you need to park your car, however quite tight to get in and out.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the backside if you need more silence.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Mikael_Wahlen
Dear guest,

thank you very much for your valuable feedback regarding your stay at our property.

We are looking forward to welcome you again in the near future to provide you with a another superior experience.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely,

East Lothian, UK
Reviewed 26 January 2013

We were very warmly welcomed and the reception staff did everything they could to help us find local restaurants etc.

The room was small but comfortable. The bed was very sleep friendly. The shower room was compact but well designed. However, it was really quite dirty. Around every fitting or light, there was a thin layer of dirt. Not awful but surprising given the fairly high standards evident elsewhere in the hotel.

Breakfast was pretty good. Plenty of choice and included in our room rate.

Overall, a good hotel for a short stay but needs a bit more attention to some of the detail.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Rainer P, General Manager at TRYP by Wyndham Rosenheim, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Dear guest

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your stay at our property.

London
Reviewed 1 January 2013

Stayed there for one night on our way to the Alps. We have been to this hotel before and since then it has been refurbished. This has improved the reception area and facilities. Room was ok but on the small side. We opted to have breakfast at a local bakery which was better value compared to the hotel prices. Ok for an overnighter and due to its location is convenient.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear guest

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your stay at our property.

Thank you for your feedback regarding the refurbishment, facilities and our convienient location.

We appreciate your loyalty to our brand. We hope to see you again in the near future.

All the best