“Superb food and service”

Gasthaus zum Stockhammer
Ranked #1 of 152 Restaurants in Rosenheim
Cuisines: German, Central European, Gastropub
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Otley, United Kingdom
“Superb food and service”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Thoroughly recommend this restaurant and would have gladly gone thru the whole menu if time permitted. Busy but always good friendly service and the food served was excellent particularly the Venison goulash, escalopes and pork knuckle but get there early for that as it is very popular.

Visited August 2013

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Delicious southern German food for fair price in a lovely athmosphere”
Reviewed 25 December 2012

We were at Stockhammer's during Christmas-market-season (market is right outside the restaurant on the main square) and were glad we had reserved a table. The waiters had a lot to do but managed amazingly well as the restaurant was buzzing. Everyone was very friendly and service good. Food was absolutely delicious and the portions are generous. The atmosphere was lovely: lots of wood and beautifully decorated for Christmas. The only thing we would think could be improved is air condition - it was very hot and stuffy in the corner we were sat. Still: We will be back!!

• Visited December 2012
Rosenheim, Germany
“The best traditional stuff in Rosenheim”
Reviewed 5 November 2012

In my opinion the best traditional restaurant in Rosenheim. You will get all the basics and some variations - of course nothing to fancy. Bavarians of course do not do fancy! If you come in a bigger group make reservations. The price tag is a little over average - but just a little.

Visited October 2012
Ballyshannon
“Lovely Bavarian Restaurant with good food, good service and great traditional surroundings”
Reviewed 22 August 2011

I am from Rosenheim, but I have been living in Ireland for many years. I regularly return to Roenheim, and husband and family love Stockhammer. I have known Stckhammer since I was a child, and found it initially funny that my family insisted on going to this really traditional Bavarian restaurant, but I now really like it myself. The wine and beer is good, and the food is really good quality traditionally Bavarian. Stuff, you would not get in new 'trendy' restaurants. I don't eat meat myself, always a draw back in Bavarian restaurants, but there is always lovely fish dishes, 'Obatzter', Salads and 'Essigknoedln'. The service is excellent and friendly. During good weather we sit outside and look at the comings and goings at Max-Josef's Platz, the main square in the historic pedestrian zone, and in the winter we eat inside in the wonderfully kept historic interiors. Well, it's a great place and cheap, and I really recommend it.

• Visited June 2011