“Perfect Italy food and atmosphere”

Al Gallo Nero Hotel Seehof
Ranked #7 of 76 Restaurants in Starnberg
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Brno, Czech Republic
“Perfect Italy food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Buon giorno! First sentence you'll hear when you entry to the restaurant. Waiters are from Italy and they cook italy food really well. When I visit Munich I've to visit also Starnberg with this restaurant. They'll help you with the choice of dish and their recommandation is perfect. Waiters are friendly and the interior is beautiful. Ideal place for romantic dinner with candles.

London, United Kingdom
“Great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

We had a very nice meal at this family run restaurant. The portions were surprising large and the house wine was delicious (usually a mark if a decent restaurant).

• Visited June 2014
“Superb food and very friendly service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

I spent five days in Starnberg together with my parents for health reasons and since the restaurant was part of the hotel Seehof and we ate very well the first time we decided to pay daily visits to it for dinner. The ambience is warm and rustic and you are immediately welcomed by one of the Italian waiters. Throughout our visits we were always warmly welcomed and we almost felt like family. Of course the ability to communicate in Italian also helped. They were also very compassionate about the fact we were in Starnberg for health reasons.
Since we dined there on a daily basis we had the chance of tasting a number of items from their vast menu and specials of the day. It is difficult to say what I liked the most but I would highly recommend their spaghetti al ragu Di cinghiale which is a pasta with boar meat. Their panda cotta was also to die for and is served with a compote of forest fruit.
We are soup lovers and we all loved their tasty minestrone and their creamy lobster bisque. The only thing they are probably lacking in is their creativity to make varying salads. All their salads, except for one, only contain greens so it is difficult to make a fulfilling meal out of them.
Our wonderful experience was concluded with a specially cooked dish of scaloppine ai funghi for my dad and a superb spaghetti alle vongole chosen from their specials. I was savouring every bite with it's well balanced white wine and a hint of paprika as a substantial amount of clams. We were then surprised with a cake on the house as a farewell thought. It consisted of an alcohol-soaked chocolate sponge with a layer of jam and a cream topping.
I can say we were warmly welcomed every day, well taken care of and every day felt like home. We will definitely miss their superb food and friendliness.

Visited October 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“A nice gem in Starnberg”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2012

Starnberg is at the end of S-Bahn 6 line Tutzing. Thousands of tourists descend upon the lake here from Munich. I saw hordes from a convention taking place in Munich. They probably pass by this restaurant without even noticing it located in the Hotel Seehof. It is family operated and the owner who is Italian runs the show, assisted by other family members at times. The menu is not in English and the English menu card is very limited, and the waiter's English maybe limited. However, the food is excellent. I had the beef fillet it was done to perfection, the shrimps were excellent as well. The menu consists of Pizza, Pesce, Antipasto, Pasta, Carne, formaggi and insalata. Prices are very reasonable for the quality.

• Visited September 2012
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Good Food, Slow Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2012

During a recent business trip to Starnberg, my colleague and I ate here twice. Once for dinner and once for lunch. The location was very convenient to where we were staying. Since we both only spoke English there were some difficulties ordering. The menu is not in English and the waiters English was only a little helpful. We were able to understand the menu enough to get our orders in. During the lunch visit we ate in the outside Garden area which was very busy. There were 3 servers running around and our service was slow. No one even approached us after we were sat for 15 minutes. Once we put our order in it also took a long time. But when the food arrived it was good. On our next visit we had dinner inside the restaurant. It was later in the evening and the service was much better, but still what I would consider slow (but after several days in Starnberg I think that is the norm).
The dining room had a nice décor and feel the food was again very good and not too pricy. If in the area I would certainly give this spot a try, but would not use it as a destination.

• Visited June 2012