“Nice quiet hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 5 Starnberg B&B and Inns
London
“Nice quiet hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

I stayed at the Seehof for one night as part of a business trip.The rooms are quite small but clean and with a pleasant decor. Quite hot when I arrived but I could adjust the radiator to a more human level. The shower is really powerful and put most toher showers to shame. breakfast was typical continental and good.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
      Location
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Prague, Czech Republic
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

Good option for spending a night at Starnberger See. Not directly at See, but easy to find. Clean, simple, but comfortable rooms. There is an annoying disco nearby, but closing a window solved the trouble. No Wi-Fi. Food in the restaurant on the floor level was good, just service took quite a while – about 40 minutes. OK experience – 7 out of 10.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
London
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2010

I stayed here for 3 nights. We had 2 rooms one for 2 teenage boys and 1 for myself and my partner. I had booked on-line and had requested a double bed for us and 2 singles for the boys. This was confirmed. Out of interest I had stayed in this hotel many years ago. I was astounded that this hotel (really it should not be called 'Hotel' maybe a hostel is a more suitable description) had not been either decorated nor by the look had the carpets been shampooed in all those years it was completely unchanged. The double bed was in fact 2 very poor singles shoved together and the singles were the same but pushed apart! The matresses were about 2" thick and had no mattress cover/ protector and flat sheets that came off during the night so that you lay on the uncovered mattress, very uncomfortable and unhygenic. At least with mattress covers you hope that they get washed periodically! The beds were backed by a headboard with built in lights etc in the room for the boys the beds had been pushed apart and each time my son sat up he hit his head on the built in lamp, dangerous. The lamp on my side of the bed in our room had been repaired with sellotape. The bed bases were very low and the whole bed was below knee height off the floor. All the furniture looked as if it had been a job lot from a 1970's motel.

The charge for this 'luxury' was €130 per room per night. When we checked out I said that I was not impressed with the fact that I had specifically requested a double bed and also mentioned the lamp shade held together with sellotape. I was not greeted with placating explanations I was instead treated to an agressive explanation from both receptionists that this was a 'German' double bed! Presumably for Germans only then but they were happy to take my money!

I am reassured because once I returned home I checked on the internet and found that just opened in this beautiful part of Bavaria is a brand new Four Seasons Hotel with spar and normal beds. So I feel sure that the Seehof will either have to 'shape up' or it will just go under and frankly this would be deserved.

The town of Starnberg is just beautiful and I hope if any of you get the chance go for a visit and also the rest of the area equally stunning. I am sure that despite the attitude of the staff at the Seehof this area welcomes all tourists.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
      Location
      Rooms
3 Thank GertLondon

Travellers are raving about these Starnberg hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Starnberg
Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten Starnberg
Hotel Residence Starnberger See
Ammersee Hotel
Ammersee Hotel
#1 of 6 in Herrsching am Ammersee

Been to Hotel Seehof? Share your experiences!