“No complaints”

Dream Inn Hotel Regensburg
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Tegernheim
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We turned up here at about 8.30pm on a Friday night and had no problem getting a room. The young man at the reception was kind and helpful but not overly friendly. We were given the code and directions to our room and had no problems finding it or getting in. The hallways were clean and nicely decorated as was the room. The room is small but good enough as somewhere to sleep and shower. The bathroom was clean and had towels, hair dryer and a soap dispenser in the shower. The shower was warm and powerful which is brilliant after 10 hours in a hot and stuffy car.Our room was overlooking the road at the back of the hotel but was still very quiet. Only one pillow per person in the room but they are big and can be folded over to act as two pillows. Wi-Fi was a bit slow but it worked which is all that matters! Great price for a hotel in Germany. Penny Mart is right across the way which is ideal. Would stop again

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

I arrived in the hotel Sunday evening 8 o'clock. I was welcomed by a check-in-machine that kindly asked me to insert my credit card to pay for the 5 nights I booked, no other options (after a few bad experiences including this one, I am the opinion: never trust a German hotel where you have to pay in advance)
After struggling to my room with codes for the alley door and room door, I entered a very small, very basic tough clean room with a very small TV.
On internet they advertise you can eat in the restaurant connected to the hotel, they forgot to mention on Sunday the restaurant is closed. Once I had dinner there, which was fine. Asking for a wine glass, all they wanted to offer me was a papercup. No, then I rather use the thin plastic cup I have in the bathroom.
The room was barely cleaned during my stay. The Sink in the bathroom not at all. The water left the sink on Sunday extremely slowly, on Friday still.
They found a very creative way to save on the bedclothes: don't change them, turn them!
Wlan internet: it was free as advertised. On Sunday, since there were very few people, it still worked somehow. The rest of the week between 18 and 23 o'clock it was so slow even opening a news website takes a few minutes. Asking the very unfriendly please-dont-bother-me-when-Im-watching-television-receptionist if there is a way to get decent working internet for a fee, she suggests to use my mobile phone!
If you want a normal working internet connection and/or a little comfort and/or a clean room until you leave, you definitely should avoid Dream inn Tengernheim.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

First, the staff on the reception is friendly and easy going. You receive a code to enter your room.

Single bed-room: well you pay for an average furnished room. You can't expect luxury obs!

The room itself was clean apart from some hair on my bed which was disgusting. The bathroom was clean but you just have one towel for showering. I expect at least two!

No showergel provided.
Only some soap.
Two toilets rolls.
The floor was clean.
The room smell neutral. You can't smell anything. It seems like they renovated the entire complex.

Free wifi!!! Good / bad connection depends on the time.

Good connection to the city. Bus line 5 goes to the city its in fron of the door.

3 supermarkets are next to the hotel so u wont starve...

Flat screen on the wall.

Quite warm in summer no aircon.
Tap and radiator work brilliant.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 December 2013

My wife and I enjoyed a one-night stopover at the delightful town of Regensburg during a short tour of Bavaria between Christmas and New Year's Eve, 2013. Our needs were fairly simple - a clean comfortable room with reliable WiFi and off-street parking, all at a moderate cost. We could not have done better than the Dream Inn Hotel. Everything went like a dream - excuse the pun - and we were extremely pleased to have chosen this hotel for the one night we were in Regensburg. From the slick no-nonsense check-in to the even slicker departure procedure, we could find nothing to complain about; on the contrary, we found plenty to praise. Highly recommended for all travelers.

Room Tip: First floor room was very quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2013

We have been for 5 nights with 2 children in the hotel.
Nice clean room and quiet position. No place to hang the clothes.This concept of budget hotel works fine. The quality/price ratio is very good. Breakfast at the connected cafeteria is quite high.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Matteo F
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Arrived at the new-built hotel and used their self-checkin machines, which gave us a door code and an assigned room number. There were no door keys or key cards, just a numeric passcode. Took a bit getting used to!

We pulled down the metal shutters before going back out, because even though we were in a quiet area, the room was at the back of the building, and on the ground floor.

The room itself was very small, but had a nice-sized flatscreen TV on the wall, a decent bed and not much room for anything else.

Next morning, we were woken up by housekeeping, who didn't just open the door and go "oops, sorry!" and leave, these ones had to be told to please go away, we were still in bed. There was a "do not disturb" sign available, but we hadn't found it the night before to be able to put it on the door.

The hotel doesn't have a kitchen, so breakfast can't be included. On the other hand, there are a couple of supermarkets across the road, a café and a nice Italian restaurant.

For a budget hotel (I think we paid £29, which was probably the cheapest stay on the whole trip), it was a very good standard and very clean. Perhaps because it was so new.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2013

This brand new hotel (or is it a revamp?) has tiny rooms and is located 6 km out of town, but at 45 Euros a night I'm not complaining. There is free parking, a good bus connection to the city centre and breakfast is served in the cafe/bakery downstairs. I would say I was satisfied with my tiny room, who needs all these extras? However, I missed the air con during this particularly hot German summer.

Room Tip: All the rooms are the same, little boxes.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tegernheim
Ibis Budget Regensburg Ost
#12 of 48 in Regensburg
Mercure Hotel Regensburg
Mercure Hotel Regensburg
#1 of 48 in Regensburg

Been to Dream Inn Hotel Regensburg? Share your experiences!