“reasonable price”

Albatros Airport Hotel
Reviewed 5 September 2012

We just stayed here for two nights. The hotel was very clean. The double bed was not comfortable--in fact the first night my husband fell through the bed in the middle of the night. There is only a mattress on top of wood pieces and somehow the wood brackets got lose from the frame. We ended up sleeping on the floor! The breakfast was just ok. The help was friendly and nice and spoke English. There was only an apology for the bed breaking--no refund of the night lack of sleep. There is nothing around this location but industry--so if you are looking for a place to walk to and visit this is not the place, but if you need a place for a night waiting for a flight it is ok. At least it was clean.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Albathotel, Manager at Albatros Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2012

We appreciate your comment. I am very sorry that you didn't sleep well. We hope to see you again for a nicer sleep.

Reviewed 14 August 2012

the outside of the hotel doesnt look great but inside it is very nice for the very cheap price. the room is ok and adequate for a 1 or2 night stay. staff are very friendly and helpful especially a lovely girl whom i think was called zayda ?? or something like that. she was so kind and delightful. the breakfast is very good with the best scrambled eggs we have ever tasted,. our compliments to the chef. we had a car and the 15 minute drive to and from the airport didnt bother us. i booked the hotel for our arrival in frankfurt from athens and was so impressed with the price and the value that i booked it for our flight from frankfurt to NYC. there is a thai bistro 2 doors down on the left when you exit the hotel who serve a delicious HUGE duck noodle dish for only 7 euros. it was so huge that my husband and i shared it, very happy with our 2 overnight stays. thank you.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Albathotel, Manager at Albatros Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2012

We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay. Zaide from the reception says thank you and would like to welcome you back. :-)

Reviewed 17 June 2012

Stayed there for one night. One the day of check in, I was greeted by a very friendly receptionist who was very sweet and humble.

I would be have given this hotel the best rating if only I had not come across this very unfavorable incident. On the day of check out, I just came to the reception on the said time. The check out was smooth (no problem in that) however, when I asked in a very polite manner if the shuttle service was available, I don't know what happened, the receptionist (not the same one as day before) got furious that I should have informed them a day earlier if I wanted to use the shuttle service. Not able to digest what I had just experienced, I slowly replied that I already have the round trip payment (which I paid the day before when coming from the airport), she immediately got up and showed
an empty paper and literally yelled "I don't have your name, if you wanted to use the shuttle service you should have informed us the day before!! "

Totally confused and not knowing what did I do wrong that made the receptionist so angry. I asked why are you getting angry and all she did was raise her hands in disgust and replied "Everybody says that".

I did not want to start an argument about the receptionist behavior so I asked if she can call a cab for me, she nodded and mumbled something.

I have stayed in some other hotels in Germany but this was the first time I came across such an incident. People may be moody at times thus I don't expect the receptionist to be smiling all the time when greeting guests but at least they should have the decency to talk in a polite manner especially when the guest is also polite.

I would like the hotel management to take this incident into account. I was not told by the receptionist, on the day of check in, that I need to book a return shuttle service as well. Even that is not a problem but the behavior of this receptionist was unacceptable.

I don't have anything against the hotel and would recommend it to other travelers as well.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Albathotel, Owner at Albatros Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2012

I deeply apologize for the receptionist's behaviour and the inconveniences this behaviour caused. I am very very sorry.
At the same time I want to thank you very much that you informed us. I do hope that there will be no such incidence in the future. Our guests deserve the best of hospitality.

Reviewed 19 April 2012

Needed an airport hotel in Frankfurt and booked this hotel, which was cheaper than the Sheraton or Hilton right at the airport but it was no bargain for what you get. It's about a 15 minute drive away by shuttle (and if you don't have an international cell phone, you have to find a phone and call the hotel to have it come, no easy task late at night when you're tired). We took the local bus from the Frankfurt airport and were aided by other bus passengers to request the right stop (Waldorf Wohnpark) in the dark, and yet another person to send us down the right side street. It was clean but very basic; the room smelled like perfumy air freshener to hide cigarette smoke. The WiFi would not connect until we tried it in the lobby. On the plus side, breakfast was a good German buffet with meats and cheese and eggs and such; and better yet it opened at 6am, making it possible to get breakfast before a morning flight. Frankfurt airport needs some reasonably priced lodging closer by; calling the hotels in Walldorf "airport" hotels is misleading. I suggest taking the local train to Frankfurt center and staying in one on of the much nicer and more reasonable places across from the train station (that area is not great at night but if you just dash across the street from the station, which you can do for several decent hotels there, it's not risky).

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Albathotel, Owner at Albatros Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2012

Dear guest, thank you for staying with us and thank you for leaving a review. Our hotel is very close to the airport which you can easily realize by looking on the map. Please contact us in advance and our staff will be happy to assist you in getting to Albatros Airport Hotel.

Reviewed 13 November 2011

The hotel is very average, and is fine for it's purpose... a layover, and waiting for your flight. Rooms are basic, but clean. Breakfast is included, but we had a very early flight, so they offered toast & juice etc., as it was before the kitchen staff showed up, a nice touch. Not much to do there, an industrial area/bedroom community with a strip mall type center 3-4 blocks away. There is a good sized grocery store & 2-3 places to eat, other shops and can pass the time for a couple of hours. There is a restaurant at the hotel which we did not try. There are a couple of computers in a room off the lobby with internet for free & some seating as well.

There site shows that a shuttle is offered, but we got a taxi to & from the airport. Both taxis tried to charge us for the trip & acted like they didn't know the hotel was to pay for it, and of course, language will be a problem (maybe part of the scheme). We did not give in, and eventually, the guy was on the phone & then said it was ok. So before you get in the taxi, confirm & re-confirm that they are taking you to the Albatros hotel or airport & that they know the hotel is going to pay. I would suggest you put the driver & hotel staff together to confirm this, as it was unpleasant.

The hotel is fine for a layover & you don't have time to look around. The site says it is close to the airport, but that is as the bird flies, a straight line from the airport. The taxi ride is about 15 minutes.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank HawaiiTraveler5_0
Reviewed 3 October 2011

The Albatros Airport Hotel was excellent, the rooms were spotless, comfortable beds, television, hairdryers in bathroom. Near by is a shopping mall, as well as several restaurants - Italian, Chinese (with excellent reasonably priced buffet). The hotel has a complimentary breakfast which included eggs and sausages as well as a large variety of fruits, meats and cheeses. Also the hotel has shuttle service to and from the airport for a fee of 5 euros. There is an elevator as well. The price was only 59 euro per night for two people. How can you lose?

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank truesch
Reviewed 30 September 2011

It's cheap but clean. A step up from a hostel. More like a dorm. Takes twenty minutes by shuttle from the airport and costs 5 euros r/t. Ask the information desk to call the shuttle and also where at the airport to meet it. There's a good Italian restaurant about a block from the hotel called Ciao. Turn right after leaving the hotel. Walk to the end of the street. Cross the street and walk left a few buildings. The entrance is not promising, but inside, there's a large restaurant. Reasonable prices. Hotel breakfast is adequate.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morfelden-Walldorf
Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center
Hotel Global
Hotel Global
#4 of 9 in Morfelden-Walldorf
IntercityHotel Frankfurt Airport
Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt-Airport
Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt-Ai...
#1 of 9 in Morfelden-Walldorf
Hotel Walldorf
Hotel Walldorf
#8 of 9 in Morfelden-Walldorf
Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel

Been to Albatros Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!