“The receptionist was awful, coarse and rude.”

Albatros Airport Hotel
Parksville, Canada
“The receptionist was awful, coarse and rude.”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

It never happened to me this before: The clerk of the Albatros Hotel sent us to sleep to other hotel because she was so rude and crazy, we really were afraid of her, she was a big woman who only works the weekends and she yelled so loud that the neighbors appeared to see what was happening, she was not profesional and doesn't have an idea of hospitality. Please advice all your posible guests that is not fair what they did to us.
On May 10 2014 my husband and I were returning to Frankfurt to catch a flight to Dublín. We had booked and prepay a room in the Albatros Airport Hotel through Boobking .com Our reservation number was 465343632.
On our arrival to the front desk we were met by an older lady who seemed to have a French accent. She was not at all friendly and I note to she was talking me down while I filled the registration forms. Throuought the registration process and she started to yelp louder and louder, she knew that the room was fully payed and she didn't care.
When I went with the kee to take the elevator we found that it didn't work and I explain the clerk that my husband was under a Doctors care for a back injury and was unable to climb stairs . By this time the old lady was very loud and she was very angry. In addition her attitude and behavior was extremely rude and condecending.
When I explain her that we couldn't stay at this hotel because my husband condition and the absence of an elevator she explded and said: then go, go. We exited the hotel with the Clerk still angry and yelling things we couldn't understand. As we reached our car in front of the hotel a group or five or six persons who work in an adjacent restaurant and that they have Heard that women behave in similar way to other guests.
In summary we booked an hotel with elevator because of my husband condition and it was not working on our arrival. He wouldn't stay in the hotel because the porter could carry the bags up but he couldn't carry him. Even if the elevator was working we wouldn't etay in a hotel where the front desk staff was hostile rude and emotionally out of control. We apend around 75 to 100 hotel nights in a year. In 40 years we have never encountered a reception such as this. Not even close. The book was booked through Booking and paid at the time of bookinf. We are asking a refund in full but they don't feel any responsability, they will apply the credit to the card from which payment was taken. Thanks a lot.
Dan Garland and
Eleonora Rocha

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank erg149
Albathotel, Manager at Albatros Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
I am really very sorry. Of course such a behaviour is unacceptable. Please accept my deep apologies. Of course we did not charge anything for your booking, the reservation was cancelled by bokking.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 13 April 2014

This hotel is 10 mins away from Franfurt aiport and provide airport transfer service. Not bad to stay a night to catch early flight . If you like to shop around or enjoy night life this is not a place. It is cosy and relax small town

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces

Albathotel, Manager at Albatros Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
We are happy that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you! We hope to see you again soon.
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We needed an overnight stay before getting a flight back home. I picked this hotel because of its proximity to the airport and the shuttle service. It was ideal for what we needed: the staff were very friendly and helpful, room was neat and had all we needed, the breakfast bar was good, and there is a good and inexpensive restaurant right next door. The curtains could have shielded more outside light, but we were too tired to care. All up, absolutely no question we would use this hotel again. Again, great staff...

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Albathotel, Manager at Albatros Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Thank you. we are very happy that you enjoyed your stay.
Udaipur, India
Reviewed 20 December 2013

A Very Good Hotel for a Business Traveller.... Can get everything here, very close to Airport (15 minute drive by Hotel Shuttle). Good Breakfast, Good Big Rooms with all amenities, Courteous staff.... Overall a Nice Place for a Business traveller....

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Albathotel, Manager at Albatros Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Thank you! Have a nice trip and we hope to see you again soon.
Muscat Governorate, Oman
Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

The good about the hotel is that it's only 15 mins from the air port and the staff are very nice and friendly... You get free internet connection but it doesn't work from the room you need to be either in the lobby or resturant... We asked for it to be fixed so they call the engineer who Evers shows up.... The rooms are reek of smoke, maybe I didn't ask for a non smoking but for sure no one ever used an air freshener!!!!!! I cannot say that it was dirty but the smell was annoying..... There is one Resturant next to the hotel that serves decent food but that's it.... Nothing interesting at all..... I wanted a chocolate and had to walk for a good 15-20 mins to get to the nearest gas station..... The elevator looks really dirty and old and kind of scary..... The breakfast is decent but nothing special..... There is a shuttle bus to the airport but not free!!!!!!! And for the price I paid (around 130 euro) for sure there is something better, or at least similar place but half the price.... Let's put it this was if you will pay 50-60 euros and you will only stay for 10-12 hours it's bearable more than that search for an alternative!!!!!!!!

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Albathotel, Manager at Albatros Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
I am really sorry that you are not satisfied with your stay and I deeply apologize for all the inconveniences.
As to the internet connection: Since we were having continuous troubles with the old provider we made a contract with a new company. All technical problems have been fixed and now you can be sure to get internet connection right from your room.
I understand that apparently being a nonsmoker you did not feel well in a room that smelled of smoke. I just wish you would have told us immediately, we would have been happy to find a solution that suited your needs.
Shopping centre and gas station are just about 200 m from the hotel. So if you want to buy anything for your personal needs it's just a walk of less than 5 minutes.
Room prices during Frankfurt Fair periods are usually 200-300 Euro in other hotels. Obviously you stayed with us during a Fair that's why the room rate was more than the usual 50-60 Euro.
Whenever you encounter anything you don't like in our hotel: Please talk to me. I'll be happy to help you.

Travellers are raving about these Morfelden-Walldorf hotels

Reviewed 2 November 2013

This is a great place to stay if you get stuck in Frankfurt overnight like we did. Receptionist was very nice and helpful as were both of the shuttle drivers. We were in a triple room that has decent sized and clean. Window by the bathroom lacked a room darkening shade so not great if you plan to sleep in. Shuttle cost 5euro/pp and internet is 1hour free or 3euros daily. Internet was slow. Breakfast was included in the cost of the room and was decent buffet including meats, cheeses, eggs, cereal and breads ect. Would definitely stay here again on a short overnight. We were booked in by information desk at the airport which also set up the shuttle for us.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your nice comment. We are very happy that you liked your stay in our hotel. Fortuntaley the internet connetction has now improved and technical problems have been fixed. The shuttle is usually 5 Euro per person during operating hours. We would liek to welcome you again.
Detroit
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I stayed here because it was the closest hotel to the airport, which would meet my company's room rate requirements.
The Positives:
1. The woman at the front desk was GREAT: Super friendly, Efficient, Could communicate in English and German.
2. Both shuttle drivers I had were safe, friendly, and transported me without any issues.
3. The sheets were clean, and I could find no evidence of bed bugs.

The Negatives:
1. No internal lock on the door. No peephole on the door. The room keys all have the room number on them. It would be easy for someone to steal a key and break into your room.
2. I was in a room on the top floor, which means the bed was under the sloped ceiling. (You can see pictures of this room on their website.) The curtains wouldn't close all the way, and sort of end up making a "tent" over the bed. It made me feel claustrophobic.
3. I had to lock the window shut before I went to sleep because there was access via the roof to this window from other rooms. Scary.
4. The carpet was pretty gross. The kind of carpet that you didn't want to walk on in bare feet. I wore my shoes the entire time I was there
5. the shower curtain was moldy.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Albathotel, Manager at Albatros Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Thank you for taking your time to leave a comment. I am very sorry that you were not completely satisfied. I understand that you are not accustomed to European accomodation and houses so some details may seem strange to you. What a pity that you did not ask immediately for advice and help from our staff. We would have been happy to explain and find a solution.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morfelden-Walldorf
Park Inn by Radisson Frankfurt Airport
NH Frankfurt Airport
NH Frankfurt Airport
#1 of 8 in Kelsterbach
Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt-Airport
Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt-Ai...
#2 of 9 in Morfelden-Walldorf
Hotel Walldorf
Hotel Walldorf
#8 of 9 in Morfelden-Walldorf

Been to Albatros Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!