Best Western Plus iO Hotel
US$106
US$93
Hotel am Rathaus(Schwalbach)
Hotels.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbusiness hotelnice gymrooms are spacioustrain stationeschbornfacilitieswifipillowscarpetsupermarket
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I stayed here in June for a week on business- perfect location for me as in walking distance of the office. Really modern and contemporary - I really liked the room I had it helps if it is more than a 1 night stay- the carpet looked like grass quirky but cool vibe.The bed was also comfortable and free wifi in the rooms was a nice touch. I did walk around the area- its mainly commercial properties, but there are also restaurants and shops close by if you want to wander. The staff seemed smiley and polite- but I didn't really have many dealings with them apart from check in and departure. I would really recommend if you need to be in Eschborn.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 June 2013 via mobile

Stayed at iO during the last week of April. Rooms were good - clean and tidy with all required amenities. They provided me with free WiFi access. Complimentary breakfast was a part of the package and it was really good
(they indeed have a good spread for breakfast). The only negative thing that happened there was that during weekends their restaurants didn't function for lunch and dinner as there were just 5 occupants in there. It was not informed to me earlier and no alternative arrangement was provided either. I had to to walk in the chilling drizzle at odd hours to the nearby Burger King to have my dinner. Giving a rating of 3 because of this. Otherwise the staff over there were quite supportive and always tried to help us as far as possible. If u want a cab to go nearby places they will arrange it for you. Good place to stay for business travelers.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 4 June 2013

I stayed here recently on business for two nights. The hotel is based in what you could deem off the beaten track and close only to offices and the main road but there are lots of nice restaurants within just a few minutes walk. This is a new build hotel and they have done an excellent job with it! The decor is based on nature I would say - lots of greens and it is very tastefully decorated. Everywhere feels very open and light which gives it a nice atmosphere and energy.

The rooms are very spacious, with a room bathroom also. Nice firm bed, pretty simple but everything is there that you would need - tea and coffee, water (not free), hairdryer, flatscreen tv, lovely large walk in shower and carpet that feels like you are walking on grass!

The staff throughout the hotel and particularly in reception are very efficient and helpful. The only thing that let us down throughout our stay (there were 12 of us staying from my company) was the restaurant for an evening meal. It took over an hour for our first course to come out and then another hour and a quarter for the mains! When my colleague politely asked a waiter what the delay was, HE started shouting at HER saying what did we expect when a large group turn up unexpectedly? We were a group of 10 admittedly but the rest of the restaurant was very quiet so we would have understood had they been flat out! That said, the food was nice and I would recommend the breakfast as there is lots of choice and it's self service so you can be a speedy as you like!

I wasn't sure about staying in a Best Western as in the UK the brand seems quite dated and the hotels there are always in old, fusty places! I was really pleased with this place and wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

Oh and the wi-fi was excellent throughout - had no problems at all! (I was in room 437 if that helps).

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 May 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on business and was pleasantly surprised. If you need to be in the Eschborn area of Frankfurt then this is a clean, good value hotel with open, spacious rooms. Some aspects of the hotel exceed expectations of a hotel of this rating. However, the WiFi was near none existent and unfortunately means I will be looking for somewhere else on my next visit. WiFi is a must both for business and staying in touch with home, I wish more hotels got this.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 19 May 2013

I stayed at this hotel while attending training in Schwalbach. It is an a quite remote place and pretty close to highway with limited public transport connections. however, if you will be using taxi as a transport choice, it is OK.
General cleanliness of the hotel facilities and rooms is very good and hotel stuff is very pleasant and friendly. I was placed in one of the larger rooms so I expected a bit more than I actually received but I still was satisfied with overall offer. Room was equipped with complete kitchen, large bed, table, tv and bathroom. However, storage space was highly limited - room had only one rather small cabinet for clothing. This might pose a problem for heavy loaded guests - I was travelling really light so this was not an issue for me. Also, there was no actual minibar - there is fridge in the kitchen but it was empty and all I could find in room was two bottles of water and teas and instant caffee bags but no other beverages or snack as I was expecting - no snacks, no juices or liquors. However, one could get all this in hotel bar on the ground floor.
What bothered me the most was really really bad wireless internet connection. I really needed to be connect due to the nature of my business and stay and I could not connect in my room. I was able to catch signal few times with my smartphone but it was mission impossible with my laptop. Eventually I had to come down in hotel lobby with my laptop and sit and work down there. Even there, with fool signal strength, connection was not stable and was constantly braking and fluctuating. I did manage to finish all I had to but it was on the hard side.
On the other side, breakfast was really fine - buffet type with lot's of different food types so was very pleased with that.

In general, if you will use taxi as main mean of transport, do not mind a little bit spartan room and pretty poor internet connection in room, this is nice, clean and quite place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business