“Good location”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Lippstadt
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Good location”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The location was superb as it was just off the centre of town. Hotel itself was quite good but with some minor cleaning issues in the bathroom. Unable to get food or drink. Looking for a coffee when we arrived as we had driven from Sheffield, a long day! Although quite pleasant Hotel and we would choose again if we return.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Frank J, General Manager at Quality Hotel Lippstadt, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
We are always very pleased and interested to receive feedback from our guests. Thank you for taking the time to contact us and thank you for such a positive Review here on tripadvisor. The mentioned deficits will be analysed and optimized shortly.
We hope to see you again in our WELCOME HOTEL Lippstadt.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Alphen, The Netherlands
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Enjoyed a long weekend at this hotel and van only say it was a great stay.
It is situated near toen centre, you can take nice walks.
The reception desk was very friendly and also provided information on the hotel and its town.
We booked an upgrade room, very spacious and comfortable.
As we also booked an arrangement diner was included and good.
Hotel is very quitly situated,so not noisy.

Room Tip: An upgrade room will surprise you, spacious and very nice for a little extra.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Frank J, General Manager at Quality Hotel Lippstadt, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words. Such positive feedback is always a great incentive and motivation. We look forward to welcome you again.
Yours WELCOMEHOTEL LIPPSTADT
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 17 January 2014

My impression of hotels in Lippstadt wasn’t great. The last time I stayed in another hotel in Lippstadt and got a really small room with little / no amenities. This time was no different.

The room is decent with one queen size bed, a single duvet and single pillow. There was only one hand towel, one bath towel and facial towel. Soap provided is a universal liquid soap for face, hand, body, hair that came in a dispenser. Breakfast is the standard continental breakfast. There is no gym or wellness facility available here in this hotel.

For the price I’m paying for a night’s stay in Germany, I must say that I expected a little more. For a cheaper price in another major city in Germany, I would have gotten a lot more value for my money. The amenities in the room turned out to be disappointing for me.

I expected wifi to be free and available throughout my stay there. The wifi was free but only for a couple of hours! After that, I had to start paying for the internet connection. This was the first time I had to pay for internet connection when staying in hotels across Germany. My flight out of Germany was at 8pm and I requested to use the wifi. However the wifi was cut off because I had already checked out at 2pm. Hence I couldn’t work using the internet although I had already paid extra for 24 hours of wifi starting the night before. The business centre was no good as I needed my laptop to access my email. I made a little noise and the reception gave me a 250Mb access ticket – which meant I could download emails but couldn’t Skype / Facetime home.

There is also no air conditioning in the hotel so there is no temperature to regulate. If you wanted it colder or warmer there would be no way to adjust the temperature. The temperature for me was ok since it was in winter. However in summer if there was no air conditioning then the heat might be unbearable for some.

Fortunately my stay here was only limited to one night as this was a business trip after which I went back home. Maybe a couple of nights would have been ok but more than that, I will have to consider looking at other options available.

The only saving grace is the reception who were very friendly as usual and they tried to make my stay as comfortable as possible by calling for taxis and explaining breakfast schedules etc. The hotel is also located in a very strategic part of the city and you can access the main shopping belt easily on Lange Strasse with a good number of restaurants and cafes nearby.

Overall 3 stars for this hotel for a very average stay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
fjacobi, General Manager at Quality Hotel Lippstadt, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Dear guest,

thank you for your review here on tripadvisor. Our guest´s impressions and experiences are important to us, so thank you for taking the time to contact us.
Our buffet breakfast is intended to provide our guests with a tasty and enjoyable start to their day. We have taken it to heart that it didn´t live up to your expectations.
We look forward to welcome you again and let us know what you think of the changes we have implemented. We want you to enjoy your stay.
Gothenburg, Sweden
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We had a nice hotel room, no air conditioning. The room was very large and nice. Eating dinner in the restaurant was a bad experience, from ordering the food it took about 40 minutes before we received it. My fish was not as expected and potato etc was not according to the menu.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
fjacobi, General Manager at Quality Hotel Lippstadt, responded to this review, 11 September 2013
Dear guest,
thank you for your review here on tripadvisor.

We are sorry that you did not like the quality of food as well as our service. Of course we have to talk to the head waiter as well as the head chef to avoid this impression. As we normally receive a lot of praise for that, we are sure that this is an individual case.

On the other hand we are very happy that you felt well in our nice and large hotel rooms.

We hope that we are allowed to welcome you another time in our WELCOME Hotel Lippstadt.
London
Reviewed 26 September 2011

This could be anywhere. A big square block from planet hotel that juist happened to land in Lippstadt. Entirely anonymous and almost entirely chracterless in every respect. That doesn't make it a bad place to stay - it's fine for a night or two as a place to rest your head. Just don't expect anything more. Apart from the front of house staff however, who were unfailing cheerful and welcoming and earned the place an extra tripadvisor blob all on their own.

Room Tip: Floor 3 smelt smokey so be sure to specify a non-smoking room if this bothers you.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank frequentfiler
La Jolla, California
Reviewed 27 July 2011

I stayed at this hotel as my work colleague was staying at the hotel and he had the car for driving to our facility. The room was fine and the bed was comfortable, but I found the all-in-one soap, shampoo and conditioner a bit offputting. Next time I would know to bring my own but was not aware of hte issue. The hotel was well located, felt safe, and the room was clean and the bed comfortable.

The Breakfasts were quite nice, but they alwas ran out of water for dirnking and seemed to take and age to get more water bottles, and had to request the coffee at each breakfast.

The highlight for me was the ability to rent a bike and ride everywhere and tp the neighbouring towns/villages. The nhotel does not have a fitness center or pool so this was the only way to get exercise, but great way to see the sights and the flat roads and bike paths everywhere made it a truly sepcial and unique experience.

Service was fine and everyone was friendly.

Would stay again, but owuld take my own soap, shampoo and conditioner.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank AussieNarelle
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lippstadt
Best Western Hotel Lippischer Hof
#5 of 6 in Lippstadt
Parkhotel Ortkemper
Parkhotel Ortkemper
#1 of 3 in Bad Waldliesborn

Been to Quality Hotel Lippstadt? Share your experiences!