“Nice Hotel in Peaceful Location”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Monschau
Hotel-Restaurant Perlenau
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Monschau
Ashford, United Kingdom
“Nice Hotel in Peaceful Location”
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Hotel Perlenau perfectly met my needs, as I was on a solo motorbike tour of Austria and Germany and, on my way back to the Channel coast, I wanted to spend a day exploring the Ardennes. I spent two nights in the hotel. The location was ideal, as Bastogne is less than two hours away on some lovely roads and Malmedy and other historic sites even closer.

The hotel is situated down a cul de sac in a quiet wooded spot away from the main road. A stream borders the property and a footbridge gives access to a number of hiking and walking trails. There is ample parking close to the hotel.

The hotel itself was built in 1840 and is 'rustic' in character and very homely. My room was spacious, clean and comfortable. The hotel restaurant provided a good buffet breakfast and a good range of evening meals (I particularly liked the mustard soup). The staff appeared to speak only German but I found them friendly and helpful and tolerant of my limited German. All in all, I enjoyed my stay here and would definitely make a return visit in future.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Booked 3 nights through booking.com after searching the internet,turned out
to be a good choice.
The place is full of charm and has an alpine feel about it.
Nice bed room with plenty of space,the restaurant served good food with friendly
service.We were looked after most of the time by a young lady who was extremely
helpful particularly as we struggle with the German language we didn't get her name
but she seemed to be on duty most of the time.
The hotel is located in the forest which also makes it attractive and within walking
distance from Monschau.
Would not hesitate to recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2013

The hotel entrance is nicely decorated with antique artefacts and hunting gear. The rooms are well furnished with nice wooden furniture. The rooms are clean and spacious, though not luxurious.The surroundings of the hotel are magnificent, with a 3km walk over a ridge to the town of Monschau. A little stream flows past the hotel, which produces a nice and friendly sound.The place is easy to reach by car and has free private parking space. A big plus of this hotel is that it offers a free wifi-connection.

The staff was friendly, but seemed quite introverted. Furthermore, we had to wait quite a long time before someone came to help us at check-in.The breakfast was far from outstanding. It was limited to some mediocre bread and lukewarm coffee. I expected more for the 115 euro's we paid for a single night, double room.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Europe
Reviewed 11 March 2013

I was heading from Brussels to the Eiffel and had time on my hands so headed the pretty way through Monschau. The Perlenau is out of town up the hill and down is a small valley beside a stream. In the summer it must be an idyllic spot - in autumn it was just wonderfully peaceful. My room was basic with an en-suite shower but super cheap! The restaurant is very good with a wide 'choice of typical regional food - but don't expect to speak anything but German - this only adds to the charm. I would visit again - it is an excellent base for walking in the surrounding hills and the historic town of Monschau is quite lovely.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Andy_1950
Hasselt
Reviewed 25 November 2012

Situated 2 clicks south of the center of Monschau or a healthy 20 mins walk, lays Hotel Perlenau.

The hotels is build in 1840, within you'll discover a very charming hotel with a very lovely income with a cosy fireplace. The restaurant offers you very nice selection of wild dishes. I took the filets of venison with forest mushrooms in a creamy sauce. I daresay, it was splendid. The breakfast is rather average (no scrambled eggs, bacon and yoghurt), but it did the trick for me.

I would love to visit this place again, especially during the autumn or spring. So you can really benefit of the nice colors of the hotel's location as it lays in the middle of the woods.

Room Tip: Check with the owner if the room's card reader works. The reader's battery level might be em...