“Super coffee and cakes”

Cafe Kaulard
Ranked #2 of 2 Dessert in Monschau
Cuisines: German
Reviewed 24 October 2017

Best place in town for coffee and cakes. Lovely view over the town square, friendly service, reasonable prices. Been there several times now, will be back

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

A fine selection of home made patisserie standard tortes and other delicacies on a cafe nasis or 10% cheaper take away prices. Easy to find in the ventre of the town

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

True to the nature of the rest of the village, fall back in time to a more gentile time. A nice cafe that does breakfast, lunch and everything in between. Friendly service and they make their own specialities.
Good quality for a good price
They've also got a little shop with super delicious sweets❤️

Reviewed 31 August 2017

We called at this lovely cafe for coffee and cake at an outside table. While my husband ordered, I wandered into the shop to buy a few bags of their fabulous gingerbread and some marzipan chocolates to take home as presents. It wasn't busy, but the young woman at the till was so surly and abrupt that I put all my would-be purchases (over 30 euros worth) back on the shelves and left the shop. If our coffee/cakes hadn't already been ordered, we'd have walked away. I decided to leave a review when I saw that others have had similar experiences. The cafe owners should take notice - your coffee, cakes and (especially) your gingerbread are wonderful, but please watch your staff. I was speaking in German, by the way, rusty though it is, so this wasn't a case of an English person expecting everyone to speak our language.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

What can I say apart from scrumptious! I know there are many places to eat gateaux but do try this Cafe. Tucked on the corner nearly opposite the church, there is some outside seating but plenty inside (don't be fooled by the small looking exterior as opens up inside). A good range of teas, coffee and of course cake! And what generous portions! Ok, it's not that cheap but you have to indulge at least once - don't you?