“beautiful vanas”
Review of Vana's - CLOSED

Vana's
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: This is a genuine Greek Mama who only serves the traditional Greek food that she would make for her family. Absolutely delicious.
Reviewed 6 October 2011

this small greek family restaurant is the best,food cooked fresh while you,re there,traditional greek home cooking as it should be,vanna and her beautiful daughter joanne run and own it you must go to sample their yummy meals,you won,t be disappointed, can,t wait to see them again

1  Thank katrine n

Reviewed 3 September 2011

while in kalamaki we visted vanas resturant every night after the beach the food was lovely and vana and her daughter joanna who both ran the resturant were so friendly and welcoming i would highly recommend visting if your near the area

Reviewed 16 August 2011

This taverna is next to Holistic Heaven in Old Kalamaki, Zakynthos. I stumbled across this place one day when I was looking for a reasonably priced place to eat. Well I found that alright! I have to say that this was the nicest and cheapest place that we ate in but by no means the least. The food was to die for and if you give Vana a little bit of notice- she will basically cook you anything that you want! What more can you ask for, especially if you're like me and are fussy! (I'm a strict vegetarian).
My four year old son constantly asked if we could go to Vana's- which in itself speaks volumes! He loved the fuss she made of him and from her beautiful daughter- Joanna.
He loved Vana's home grown vegetables- especially the cucumber, which he ate by the plate load! I would highly recommend this place and made several visits to it during my stay in Zakynthos. What more can I say? Lovely people, gorgeous food and excellent value for money. Give it a go and see for yourself!

Reviewed 24 July 2011

After visiting many "greek" restuarants in the island, we visited Vana's Grill House in Kalamaki...the food, the service...OMG!! Its about time that we ate REAL GREEK FOOD FROM A REAL GREEK COOK!!! if you visit Zakynthos you MUST visit this spot. You will not regret it. As the sign says when you first enter the restuarant: "Meals and memories are made here" Thank you Vana!!!!!

Reviewed 22 July 2011

Not only does Vana run the best restaurant in Kalamaki, but she is prepared to put herself out for virtual strangers. She came to our rescue when we were stranded during the taxi driver's strike and, leaving her daughter holding the fort, she drove her little car back and forth twice between Argassi and the airport, to ensure that 4 people and their luggage made it in time for their flights. She is a true good Samaritan. Thank you Vana from the bottom of our hearts for what you did for us!!