“Great food, a bit slow but very friendly service”
Review of Soso

Soso
Ranked #3 of 103 Restaurants in Naoussa
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Great food, a bit slow but very friendly service”
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Food: very tasty, inventive, nicely presented. Everything - from starters (beetroots, haloumi cheese pie etc) to main dishes to desserts - was top level.

Service: overall good, efficient and friendly although we were waiting nearly 15 minutes to get the bill

At the end, it also was very cheap.

• Greek first
  • Polish first
“Too much for nothing”
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

I went there with my fiancé after the good recommendation we had, as there is a reputation for this place, but it cannot understand from where it is coming...the food was very pricy for its average quality, we took the green salad, it was ok, probably little too much balsamic cider,nothing special. We took for starter the cheese pie, it was average, probably made couple hours ago and served after some heating in the microwaves, it was way to hot inside without warm outside,if you have used microwave oven you know what I mean...it also come with a little green salad as a side, like the one we took...
Now let's go to he main courses, we took the chicken with sweet fruit sauces, it had way to balsamic acid, that was irritating after a point as you could not feel the other aromas...it had oven potato as a side with a little of the same green salad( this must go in every plate as a side!). The other plate was fried chicken nuggets with spicy sauce...the sauce was not homemade, it the usual sweet chilly you can find in the grocery store near you, and the same sides, potato with green salad...to tell you the truth, the chicken was good, tender and tasty, but it reminded me the chicken nuggets you order in Mcdonalds, way too pricey for the 14eur...
We had a small cheese pie in a glass offer from the house when we asked for the bill, very average as dessert, anyway it was free ;)

Before closing I must state some points that made me wondering why the big reputation of this restaurant.
First of all they only have 5 tables, so it's easy to be full every day when there are 10.000 tourists in naousa at average per day. They always tell you that it's full so you have to book 4 days in advance, this creates the myth! This myth was busted as I went there with no reservation and found an empty table, I went at 8 and told I could have the table until 11, which was fine for me, also noted the rude manager to almost 'through' two couples which asked for table and told it was full booked, I left at 10 and there was another table free all the time I was there since 8 o clock, so the manager keeps the myth of 3days full booked alive, this myth was busted...;)

Anyway, go there to see that the food is very average, way below expectations...good luck, I would go there again, and would not recommend it my good friend too...

Visited August 2014
4 Thank greek E
Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
“Best place in Naoussa!”
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

We were recommended to eat at SoSo by our hotel and I am glad we were, the restaurant is located on where they call Gourmet Street, it's a lovely little setting with tables outside covered by vines and flowering tree's. You do need a reservation but it's really well worth it as the food is the best we have had from all the Greek Islands we have visited to date.
The pork shank was incredible - there was enough for two people easily and was cooked to perfection, the meat falling off the bone.
The price is very good in fact it's cheap for the quality of food you get, if you are in Naoussa make this place a must to visit you will not be disappointed - food heaven!

Visited July 2014
Norway
“Still a lovely restaurant”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We love the food, the wine and the very friendly and accomodating service at Soso. But it's really hard to get a reservation for dinner. We go there the first night to book a table for evenings later, and then we can have our first meal at Soso probably the third night.

Peter is recommending what to have for dinner, but if you go late in the evening they might be sold out for some of the courses. The service includes lovely deserts every time.

Visited June 2014
“Great restaurant”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

For the second year in a row, we spent a few meals there, and they definitely deserve to be in the top of Naoussa's restaurants. The menu is very interesting and the food is amazing. Try whatever you like and you won't be disappointed.

Visited July 2014