“One word AMAZING!”
Review of Katerina Mare

Katerina Mare
Reviewed 11 June 2013

We traveled to Europe from Australia for our honeymoon and we picked paros along with mykonos and santorini. We picked this hotel based on some net surfing and various reviews. As soon as we got dropped off at the hotel we were greeted by friendly smiled greek lady named Dimitra who runs the business with her just as friendly mum. You would usually think don't judge a book by its cover, so she takes us straight to our room and calling the view breath taking is an understatement. The room is very spacious ... big bed, kitchenette with portable stove top (but who cooks on holidays) and a very nice and clean bathroom. One thing that is highly recommended is to get the breakfast made by Dimitra or her mum which only costs5 euro price of 2 coffees(which should cost at least 15 euros) and is delivered to your room at any time of morning you request it. This gem of a hotel is located within walking distance of Naousa city but we had quad bikes anyway. Dimitra also helped us find our lost luggage from our ferry ride there by calling a few places and contacting our taxi driver who was talking us to the port to leave to santorini to let us know it's been found. We felt like we received a fond farewell from Dimitra and her mum, still with a warm smile on their faces, as we were leaving. I never like going to the same city or hotel more than once but this time I may have to break my own rules. If you want to leave your own home for a home in paros with great view and great company book this hotel before they realize how good they are and make their rate more realistic and fair and double them because their current rates are a steal.
Soheil&Asher

• Stayed: June 2013
There are newer reviews for Katerina Mare

Reviewed 24 May 2013

As soon as our taxi arrived at Katerina Mare our bags were taken into our apartment and Katerina was there to give us a warm and smiling greeting. The apartment was not huge but very functional and extremely clean. Everything around the complex was thoroughly cleaned every day. The cleaner was an amazingly hard worked. We loved sitting out on our balcony and enjoying the marvellous view. The beach below the apartments had plenty of shade and beautiful water. It is a short work to the village where there are great tavernas and shops.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 May 2013

We chose Katerina Mare primarily for the views, which sounded great, and because it was the Lonely Planet's 'pick' for Naoussa. We couldn't have been happier. The room (with facilities for a bit of self catering) was modern and immaculately designed. The bathroom was lovely - overall the nicest place we stayed in on this two week trip. There's no pool, but the beach is 2 mins away down a few steps. 60 euros with breakfast included, we could hardly complain! Extra coffee provided on request for two caffeine addicts. Great outside terrace with stunning views and plenty of afternoon sun. Town just a few minutes walk away. VERY highly recommended!

Carl and Lucy, Manchester, UK

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 March 2013

It is not a secret that I love Paros and especially Naousa. Now I find another reason for that.This hotel is one of the best. It has great CLEAN rooms with great view to the bay of Naousa.It might not have pool but what for you need it for if you have the sea just down of your window! The rooms are great as I said all reconstructed just 2 years ago so everything in is new. The people who own are special.They are going to welcome you as original Greeks, with a smile and a hug and wish you to have wonderful time on the island.

Room Tip: Family suites have jacuzzi but you have to book them early!!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Evelina G
Reviewed 26 December 2012

I was too busy after I came back from my vacation in Greece, so I missed the deadine of comment on booking.com. So I'd like to share my experience here. My friend and I stayed at Katerina Mare in early October, and both of us swear we must stay here again!!! We think the house and room (including facility) are super first-class compared to similar price hotels in Greece(well, we visited Athens, Parikia in Paros, Santorini). We can't help loving it at our first sight!!! I can say it's the best stay during my visiting in Greece. Although I also stayed in a luxury hotel costing 250Euros per night in Santorini, I love Katerina Mare more and I love Paros more!!! Staffs are also very nice~especially "mama" (receptionist/owner's mother?), sooooo nice lady!! We do not request for the breakfast, but "mama" got us some handmade pastry which is warm(windy weather and a little bit cold at balcony) when she saw us eating something at balcony. So sweet~~~We took pics wth "mama"when we were leaving. :) And the restaurants the owner recommended are nice~~~The scene from balcony/terrace is super and the balcony/terrace is also super! No other hotel can be better than this in Naoussa in our opinion!!! Must go to Paros for second time and must stay in Katerina Mare for second time! I'll see if I can upload my pics later as I don' have time to deal with that. But I must come here to comment no matter how busy I am!!!

Room Tip: We stayed at 204, we like it very much, if you choose to stay on 3rd floor, you will have a private...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Jill W
Reviewed 18 September 2012

It had been some time since I was in the Greek islands and my how Paros has changed! Katerina Mare apartments are really beautiful... brand new, well designed, spotlessly clean and amazing views and outside areas... Katerina, Dimitra and Nera did everything to make it a relaxing and pleasant trip. We had breakfast on the first (of 6 days) which was good and after that we shopped across the road at the mini market and looked after ourselves for breakfast and lunch, eating out at night... This was easy as the studio had a small but well equipped kitchen - but bring ice bags if you would like some ice in your drinks! We had the Meltemi winds to keep down the heat and this was welcome,,. Definitely planning a return trip and take a look at their website because pictures are worth 1,000 words!

Room Tip: Some rooms are bigger - telephone Dimitra and ask for details; we had a studio and it was fine for u...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2012

My husband and I stayed at Katerina Mare in early September after having seen the write-up on this location in the latest Lonely Planet Greece guide book. The Katerina Mare was listed as top pick which is why we chose to stay here.

First off the location is outstanding and it's a short walk into the town center. The view from the rooms and balconies is spectacular, the rooms were very clean and the proprietess was extremely freindly and warm. We did not choose the breakfast as we like to self cater our own to save some calories, but some of the baking we did sample was exquisite.

The rooms themselves were well appointed, however they are small and the first one we stayed in had no place to put a suitcase, let alone two. The rooms do have closets but for short stays I don't find them practical since I tend to keep my clothes in my suitcase. I found the beds far too soft for me but they would be comfortable if you like a soft mattress. We did have to move rooms to accomodate another booking, and moving rooms is something I find quite tiring on vacation.

The first room was on an end, had a queen bed, a nice french door and good airflow because there was a window in the bathroom. This room was was on the smaller size and we struggled for space for our luggage and tripped over each other. The second room had a little more space for luggage, but with two single beds (pushed together), was a bit more unconfortable for sleeping and being an internal room we had one window. We could not get cross-flow so the room was a little stuffy. The rooms could use the addition of some extra pillows so that there are two per person.

The person that would probably enjoy staying in the smaller rooms would be someone out all day and with less luggage than we had along. One other reveiw indicates that the suites were pretty good so I'd buck up for that if staying here. The price is reasonable so that does make up for the lack of space in the rooms. I probably would have rated this a little higher if we didn't have to move rooms since that impacts the service quality in my opinion even though the owner was super nice about it.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple