“3rd year - 3rd review”

Price range: US$12 - US$24
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 July 2014

My previous reviews of Ydroussa have been quite mixed. 2 years ago I loved it and last year found it to be a little average. This year we thought we would give it another try.

My favorite thing about Ydroussa is the setting - a lovely little hidden courtyard. Infact, despite eating there twice before it still took us ages to find it again this year!

I found the service to be really friendly and the food was really good. I like the fact that the menu is quite small, so you know everything is really fresh.

We enjoyed our meal and would definitely recommend you give it a try.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Admittedly I tend to avoid the "fancier" restaurants in Naoussa if only to avoid a costly trap but here we were very nicely surprised. The differential in cost from say a typical taverna was very much justified.

In the end a completely unique meal of two delicious appetizers--octopus with a delicate tahini side and a fried local cheese--and two fresh seafood pasta, two sparkling waters and dessert came to 50 euros. The service was impeccable, only risking being too attentive but even here the waiter was amused with us about the formality.

Friendly to us as a male couple.

All in all a nice break from the lower cost meals in a candlelit and romantic ambiance.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

The food in Ydroussa is excellent. You just need to walk along the narrow corridor and descend the steps.You will not be disappointed. Valeria and Daniella's and the stylish Simone made our stay in June memorable. We asked if we could bring friends and we were rewarded with home made breads and spinach pizza with typical Italian pinatch.A great evening was had by all. Daniella's stifado is exceptional.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Stumbled upon this place while walking down side alley. Beautiful garden setting, friendly attentive service and the food was incredible. Best mussels I've ever eaten and I can't believe there can possibly be a better moussaka anywhere. Top notch

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Very nice place on the Gourmet Street in Naoussa. A narrow alley leads away from the street which makes it nice and quiet. Very good service and excellent food!