“What a hotel!”

Stelia Mare Boutique Hotel
Ranked #5 of 46 Hotels in Naoussa
“What a hotel!”
Reviewed 24 September 2013 via mobile

If you want an excellent boutique hotel to stay in on Paros then this is a must. Booked at the last minute,what a find! Georgia was superlative and Panelis was sublime, their advice and help was unrivalled. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and can't wait to return. Everyone we met were on their second,third,fourth and fifth return visits, recommendation enough? Absolutely!

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed 23 September 2013

My friend and I were just there in September and we can't say enough good things about Stelia Mare! The hotel is simply lovely. The care and level of cleanliness they display throughout the hotel, really shows you that they care. And the level of service is by far the BEST we have ever received. Georgia and Pangelis are the hotels best assets! They work hard to make your stay the best and will help you with any questions about the island. After touring Italy for 11 days, and 3 days on Mykonos, the peacefulness of Stelia Mare was just what we needed. And the buffet breakfasts (and we had already tried many other breakfasts during our trip) were again the best that we've had. We got to have poached eggs made for us!
We went to 3 different islands, but we both said that our favourite place was Paros, in large part because of our stay at Stelia Mare. After all the places we went to on our 3 week trip, Stelia Mare is the only hotel I would definitely go back to and recommend to anyone. You won't regret it.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Great hotel.... best service we have ever received ANYWHERE. Every detail was perfect. The managers, Georgia and Pandelis, took great care of us during our stay. Super clean, lovely suite, beautiful breakfast, everything was wonderful.

Oxford, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 September 2013

This August,my family returned to Stelia Mare for the second consecutive year,and we have already booked for next year.

It is quite simply the most delightful,friendly and peaceful place imaginable.
The rooms and the pool are beautiful,but it is the staff that make this place so exceptional .
Dear Georgia and Pangelis are fantastic at making you feel welcome,and nothing is too much trouble for them. We were welcomed back like family,and small details were remembered from
the previous year.For example,I like green tea in a large mug in the mornings,and as the standard cups are smaller for breakfast,Georgia got one of the large mugs for sale in the hotel shop,for my tea-and she remembered a year later! As soon as I appeared in the mornings,she would bring me green tea in the large mug.
Whenever I lazed by the pool with my book, Georgia would bring me iced water unprompted,
and even Pangelis remembered my favourite ouzo in the evenings,always accompanied by
delicious complimentary snacks of olives,tomatoes and cheese etc. You can order food at any time of the day or night,always fresh and delicious.

They are really charming,kind people.

Our two rooms are directly on to the pool,so it is lovely to wander in and out of your room all day
without having to lock it. The rooms are soundproofed and the air-conditioning is bliss.

Naoussa ,a short walk away,is a pretty,bustling harbour full of shops and restaurants,always a
pleasant place to spend the evening,and the Island itself is peaceful and unspoilt.
I loved driving around and finding beauty and tranquillity everywhere. The village of Lefkes,the highest point in the Island,had stunning views,and the smaller Island of Antiparos was well
worth the short ferry trip. The sunset on the beach there was unforgettable. We took a wonderful
day trip cruising around the island,diving off the boat,and the fantastic BBQ the ship's crew
produced was absolutely delicious!

All this was organised by the wonderful Georgia,as were taxis,ferries,and everything else.
All in all,our experience for the second year was faultless and I cannot wait to return next year and enjoy it all over again. Georgia showed me a picture if her sweet little daughters,and I look forward to seeing how much they have grown next year....!

Room Tip: All the rooms are lovely.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We stayed here at the tail end of our honeymoon. In truth we had pretty much blown the budget so had almost come accustomed to what I suppose would be higher end hotels(I hate how that sounds but it's true), so we went for this as a more reasonable option. What we got in Stelia Mare was a lovely room with fantastic staff. Georgia and Pan...(I could never remember how to finish his name, but the incredibly helpful gent who works the afternoon/evening shift) were incredibly helpful throughout with advice on places to go to, things to do and restaurants to eat at.

The hotel is close(100m) to a small beach and the pool is very nice though almost completely sheltered from the sun, so no sunbathing there. The breakfast buffet was lovely and plentiful.

The only problem we had was that the shower head in the room doesn't have a bracket to hold it above head height. We asked about this and were told that all rooms were the same, so we did have to hold the shower head up which was a bit of a pain but not too big of a deal, and something they could and should easily fix in my opinion.

The room was good value, clean and spacious and the staff helpful, what more could you ask for. As it happened, we rented a car and explored Paros and Anti Paros for a few days so we only really slept in the room in truth. I'd definitely recommend Stelia Mare for a trip to Paros.

TripAdv1234567
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My wife and I travel to Europe 2 to 3 times per year and have stayed in many European hotels. This particular trip was for our honeymoon. The greeting at Stelia Mare was wonderful and they make you feel like family. The Stelia Mare is probably the single best hotel we've stayed. The location is great. You can walk right down to the beach or into Naoussa. The hotel is situated with a courtyard pool right off each of the rooms. It's gorgeous! The pool is tranquil and relaxing. Right at the pool or just a few steps from your room is the restaurant bar area. They serve the freshest food. Don't be confused by the proximity of the amenities to your room. We never heard any noise. It was quiet in our room. The room itself was large, very clean and comfortable. They have free Wifi and it works well. The staff was fantastic and everyday our room was impeccably cleaned. Stavros and Georgia run the hotel. Georgia and the rest of the staff kept everything running well and I have never had better service, even at a Ritz Carlton. The cost of this hotel is comparable to others on Paros but I think it's a very good value considering the level of service, amenities and amazing experience you will have. I highly recommend Stelia Mare !

paris
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We went in this hotel at the end of July. The hotel is very well located, 5 mn walk from the center of Naoussa. The staff is very kind, especially Georgia who is always ready to help you and give you advises (and she speaks really good french!!). Pandelis is also very kind and Mr Stravos (the boss) are also very kind. The breakfast is very good with fresh fruits and local pastries. The rooms are nice and big. We would definitely recommend this hotel for the situation, kindness of the staff and nice accommodations. Fabien & Yoann.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Naoussa
Hotel Christina
Kanale's rooms & suites
Kanale's rooms & suites
#7 of 46 in Naoussa
Minois Village Hotel Suites & Spa

Been to Stelia Mare Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!