We just arrived back home after a week holiday at the Contoratos Hotel. Nothing bad to say about the rooms as they were cleaned excellent every day - and the area around the swimming pool and bar was nice and tidy at all times. Lovely pool!
However, the breakfast was indeed to anything we enjoyed. Having travelled all around the world and staying av various hotels, our family all concluded that this breakfast was not anything we enjloyed. Bread was not always fresh and the quality ws not good. If you wanted eggs and bacon, they would charge extra for this.
Varied service - som exeptionally excellent and smiling waiters. But we felt uncomfortable
several times a we felt the "owner" were at all times wathcing and controlling guests as if he did not trust anyone. Could be that we weere the only once with this experience - but we felt "watched." Therefore we spent mot of our time outside the hotel complex. The owner and a helper also were sitting in the berakfast area, checking and watching while guests arrived for breakfast. We have of course been at hotels before were they check on a piece of paper that you have had your breakfast. But this is a very small hotell, and it was uncomfortabel as we felt they were checking how much food each person put on their plate and that they were a bit too eager in the "controlling of guests."
The hotel is situated verly close to both beach and town and is in a very quiet area.
We will not visit this hotel again.
This is our personal experience, and we are sure that others might have other experiences. I gues it all depends on what you expect and what you prefer. However
we did not enjoy the "controlling" and "watching" guets at all times. We have not experienced this at any hotel before, and we have travelled all around the world and stayed in many hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just metres from the beach in Naousa Town, the Cycladic-style Contaratos Beach Hotel features a swimming pool with a sun terrace, and a hot tub. It offers accommodation with Aegean Sea views, while free WiFi is available in all areas. All rooms and suites come with a satellite, flat-screen TV, air conditioning and a safe. They also have a bathroom with a bath or shower, free toiletries, and bathrobes. Some include a spa bath. You will find a restaurant and a shared lounge at Contaratos Beach Hotel. The hotel also offers bike hire and car hire. Santa Maria is 2.8 km from Contaratos Beach Hotel. Free private parking is possible on site. This is our guests' favorite part of Naousa, according to independent reviews. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Contaratos Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Contaratos Beach And Bay Hotel
- Contaratos Beach Bay Hotel
- Contaratos Beach Hotel Paros/Naoussa, Greece