“Good stay at Paros Bay”
Review of Paros Bay Hotel

Paros Bay Hotel
Ranked #3 of 53 Parikia B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 July 2012

My friend and I spent one week at this hotel. We were looking for a relaxing week on Paros after much site seeing. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful, especially Ester - she was lovely! On the first day, we were a bit annoyed because of the internet. We stayed at this hotel specifically because it had WiFi and were needing to do work during our holiday. The first day the WiFi didn't work at all. We were told "this happens sometimes" but I think that the management needs to get the strength of the signal looked at by the company because it would connect to our devices but then no pages would load. Luckily the next day the internet was working so we were relieved. We still had to go to the reception area to use it, rather than our rooms, but we were grateful that it was working.

The pool is fantastic. We really enjoyed using the facilities there. The location is good - it has a lovely view of Paros. We didn't mind walking to Parikia for dinner but it is a bit of an unsafe walk along a main road. I wouldn't recommend it for elderly people or families with children - so I would get a car if I were you.

The rooms themselves could do with a bit of an update but were comfortable and clean. We were happy with them. The cleaners did a great job tidying every day. Beds were comfortable and sheets were clean etc.

Breakfast was really good, good range of foods so I was really happy with that. The dinner on the other hand wasn't great - the pasta was quite tasteless so I would advise a chicken salad because that was nice!

The only other thing I can suggest to the hotel is to maybe change up the music a bit! I know it is a minor thing but when you are there for a long period of time, the music was a bit loud and repetitive near the pool and in the reception.

Overall we had a great stay at this hotel and I would stay again! We had good, uninterrupted sleeps and a relaxing stay. :)

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank LauraHutton

Reviewed 5 June 2012

The location and the view was beautiful but a car is definitely necessary because the hotel is almost 10 minutes by car away from Paroikia.
It is suitable for couples, family and friends.
The hotel looks new but it needs better maintenance...
The stuff wasn't very friendly and the breakfast/dinner was tasteless! The chef needs definetely training!
The worst thing was that the buffet plates were not covered and the flies were everywhere! We complained about this unacceptable situation but the next day nothing was changed!
I think that some small details make the difference and for me this hotel doesn't make the difference...I will not choose to stay again there in my next visit to Paros.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank alex m
Reviewed 30 September 2011

We stayed for one night at this hotel in July so I may be unfair to judge on such a brief visit but here are our thoughts.

Booking was done direct via email and communication was good.

The hotel is situated in lovely location with uninterrupted views out over the bay with little or no road noise. We booked two sea vews rooms which were pretty much 'as advertised'. Slightly tired compared to others in Greece but clean. Shower room small. Nice balcony overlooking sea and pool. Aircon worked well.

Good sized pool with wide surround but it is salt water. This may put some people off - my teenage daughters didn't like it, nor my partner. There was what appeared to be a pool bar but it looked closed down and left the pool area feeling a bit sterile and lacking in atmosphere. Maybe it opened in the following week?

Bar area in the main foyer is nice with outside terrace overlooking the bay. Barman was very helpful and friendly and made us some good mojitos.

Breakfast was average and slightly lacking in imagination but adequate.

In summary, a good average hotel, probably slightly over priced considering the overall offering.

It did feel lacking in atmosphere and I am glad it was only a short visit for us.

Room Tip: Go for sea view above the pool.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank JCBerkshire
Reviewed 17 August 2011

Travelling with family to attend a wedding in Paros, we spent 3 wonderful days at Paros Bay and just loved it! This hotel is well situated,right on a beach about 2 kms out of the town centre. We were delayed by the ferry strike and on arriving at 5am were greeted with complimentary tea and coffee and the most exquisite sunrise ever! Booked a double room with sea view and was given a 1st floor room where the view was simply superb, as far as the port ,plus an unobstructed view of the sea from the bathroom! Fantastic.! Rooms were well furnished, with good Tvs and a safe, the bathrooms fine ( no shower curtain as in Greece and weak shower pressure) all was clean, well serviced, with nice linen and towels,the buffet breakfast was really good , the pool and terrace were fabulous, the staff more than helpful and Tchenko the driver was fantastic, lifting us into town for a mere euro each ( its a bit of a way to walk on quite a busy road) and finally to the port at no charge to catch our ferry. We loved our stay at Paros Bay and would definately go back .

Room Tip: Definately book a room with a sea view, and pref on the first floor for the best views.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank sue a
Reviewed 17 August 2011

If the concept of small bungalows (rooms) is nice, if the location is nice also we had a tiny room. Our voucher said '' garden view'' and it was a view on the car parking! If you are a couple be ready for twin beds, and the comfort of the beds is more than average.
In addition the breakfast is not so great with industrial salad fruit and omelette you wonder how it was made ( probably protein powder). Paros island is full of hotels...check for them first.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Soulslide
Reviewed 12 August 2011

Wonderful position, staff so friendly and helpful. We were delayed due to ferry strike and only arrived at 5am the foll morning. We were met with delicious coffe and the most superb sunrise ever. Breakfast was spectacular and Chenko drove us into town each morning for 1 euro each, together with wonderful laughs and stories aloing the way.
Strongly recommend and longing to go back.

Room Tip: Sea facing rooms are the best but all rooms were beautiful, clean and had a view
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank vixCapeTown
Reviewed 3 August 2011

I organize special trips for small groups. On one of my trips to the greek islands I decided to visit Paros, and on my search for a hotel, having to deal with a lot of requests to have all my clients happy,after a lot of research, I found paros bay.
couldn´t be happier!!!!
It is a must hotel on your visit to Paros.
incredible location: very close to the capital but away from crowds and noise.
nice views,
a lovely little beach a few steps away
Woderful staff
incredible breakfast
so clean and cozy
marvalleous swimming pool ( sea water, so that you)
Paros Island is a very small one, everything is easy to reach. so don´t think it to much for location. you will be close to everything anywhere in the island.
I don´t have enough words to thank all the staff and the experience we had in paros bay.
I reconmend it with not an argue. it is perfect!!!
enjoy it as much as we did. and don´t miss a visit to antiParos, a lovely excursion and easy to do, ferries come and go all the time during the day.
happy hollidays in paros and nice stay in paros bay .you won´t regret.!!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Parikia
Minois Village Hotel Suites & Spa
Alkyoni Beach Hotel
Alkyoni Beach Hotel
#19 of 58 in Naxos Town
Sunset View Hotel & Apartments

Been to Paros Bay Hotel? Share your experiences!