“Just loved it!”

Ranked #8 of 46 Hotels in Parikia
Athens, Greece
“Just loved it!”
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I stayed in Argonauta Hotel with four of my girl friends ( we are all of " mature" age) June 15-22, 2013 and we had one room each. I selected this hotel because of its excellent location next to the harbour and the main square. This hotel has no lift and all rooms are on the first floor, but that was no problem as all our luggage was carried up to the rooms and then carried down again when we left.

The rooms were small and consequently the rooms with double beds offered more room space than the rooms with two single beds. The bathrooms were small too. All rooms were simply and delightfully decorated in pastel colours. The beds were comfortable.Some rooms had balconies . Although we were inthe very centre of Parikia, it was quiet inside the rooms.The A/C worked well for all of us. There was a lovely meeting area outside our rooms, a shaded part of the terrace really, with plants in pots all around.

The wifi worked most of the time in the rooms, and always on the computer in the lobby, so the internet connection was not something we needed to worry about. In fact,all functioned well, and we all just loved this place. The owner Tassos and his wife Angeliki and all the staff were very helpful and they joyfully did everything they could to accomdate all our wishes and needs, thus creating an atmosphere in which we felt well, relaxed and totally taken care of.

The breakfast on the premises of the hotel on the main square was delicious and is highly recommened. Just the fact that that they offered Kusmi tea made this place even more special.
Christina Reimondos
This is Birgitta! :) I was one of the other girls. I really liked this hotel the girl in the reception was very helpful. What I liked most from this hotel was the interior design. Very lovely colour scheme.I was very inspired. The mornings with my Nescafe on the balcony( hotel offers water kettle) was a true delight.,looking down on the small shopping street with all the people passing by. I hope I will return to this hotel or restaurant some day.

Room Tip: Room number 11 is on the corner overlooking the square and the restaurant, and it has a balcony.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Christina R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Greek first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 31 May 2013

My wife and I stayed with Tassos and his lovely wife for 5 days in early May 2013. The hotel is position in the middle of the action but is still quite due to the double glazing. The hotel has cafe's all around it as well as having a really nice one attached. A short walk (1 minute) and you are at the seaside with the ferry ready to take you other Islands. Mykonos is 45 minutes away. Car hire places are near by and a trip around the island is really worthwhile! Beautiful secluded beaches are everywhere. The rooms are very clean with great beds and pillows. There is a quite comfortable sitting area outside the bedrooms upstairs where you can lounge around with filtered sun. This area is fantastic to finish off the day with a cold drink. I fully recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mark g
Reviewed 19 May 2013 via mobile

Recently enjoyed a meal at the argonauta restaurant in Parika, the couple running the hotel ensured The menu was creative and tasty with added passion and commitment... Marise, Perth Western Australia

• Stayed May 2013
Reviewed 12 April 2013

I stayed at this hotel in August of 2012 and the reason I'm writing this review as I was shown how to look up hotels through trip advisor by Fundee boutique hotel staff in phuket. I did not know about trip advisor until I was told about it by that hotel staff and I'm so glad they did as I will always look at hotels prior to going to the hotel now by tripadvisor. Now this hotel is friendly clean and great location. I'm Greek myself but work in BKK thailand. My parents come from the island of korfu and I mainly travel to the Greek island. I also travel in thailand as I work there. This hotel was nice neat small but in a good location and the staff are nice and accommodating. I do recommend this hotel based on location and price

Room Tip: Eat in the restaurant next door great Greek food
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Terrigal, Australia
Reviewed 26 November 2012

Very welcoming staff. The room was comfortable and the decor was stylish. Big courtyard off the rooms upstairs was a bonus.
Location could not be better, short walking distance to ferry, bus, beaches and the main section of town.
The breakfasts provided were excellent and the dinners we had there were of a very high quality.
Everything presented by the hotel was way above the norm - there was a very positive atmosphere throughout the place. Would definitely go back if we ever get the opportunity to visit Paros again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank Phillip8789
bournemouth
Reviewed 1 October 2012

I and two friends stayed at the Argonauta self catering apartments set just a little back from the main hotel in a quaint little street in the main village of Parikia on Paros in the beautiful Cycladic islands of Greece.
We had a lovely apartment for three people which was comfortable and well equipped. The best part was the beautiful garden which had lemon and pomegranate trees laden with fruit, plus bougainvillea everywhere and geraniums and many other lovely flowers. The garden had tables and chairs and loungers and shady parts and a lovely hammock and space to hang your bikinis after a lazy day at the beach!
We had a lovely time there and would highly recommend it. We'll be back!
The only negative was the pillows on the beds, but this is common in Greece! Take your own if you can.

Room Tip: Units at the back are quieter, but this is already a quieter location.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank quirkylady
Greece
Reviewed 25 September 2012

This summer me and my friend decided to go to Paros for our holidays. It was the first time we went there. Sister of my friend gave suggestion of Argonaura hotel. It was a nice stay.
Rooms are a little bit small, like most rooms to let or small family hotels are in Greece. Nice Cycladic decoration and architecture. Receptionists were very friendly as it is usual all around Greece. I like to use internet every now and then and my friend had laptop with her, so Wi-Fi was great. Breakfast was as I expected from this type of hotel, nice one. Location is very near a fast food place that seemed closed at times, a nice bakery, only 200 metres or so from the port. and a quick walking from many shops and good beaches. Boat for Antiparos island leaves near by too.. Aronauta is by a main walking street, so busy area at times. We were not in Paros for sleeping but for enjoying and go out at night, but one night we felt tired and had stayed in room early at night, and it was pretty noisey.Maybe a problem if you plan to sleep early at nights. In general a very comfortable stay for us.
I want to say something that it is not about this hotel specificaly, but about Paros in general . I can find a similar room on mainland or less busy islands for half price of what we paid. Friendly personel is a rule in Greece, filoxenia is a Greek word! And I am always waiting people to be hospitable and friendly, so it is not like this hotel was something exceptional on that opinion. Hotel was very clean and tidy, but all hotels in Greece are. Rooms were comfortable but small and nothing extreme comparing to other places we have go. Wi-Fi is not a rule, but most places have it now. So, why to pay so expensive price on this hotel? Just because it is Paros? It is a busy island and Parikia is the large town, yes, but Naxos is too and my cousins stayed there in a similar room as she said to me, for 40 euro/night! Bars, taverns, everything to Paros maybe 30-50% more expensive than saying Lefkas or Pilion that I used to holiday a lot.
I had a good holiday in Paros, but I spent much more than I was thinking. Next time it is Lefkas or mainland for me!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away of busy street .
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple