“Not bad for the price”
Review of Hotel Asterias

Hotel Asterias
Ranked #43 of 46 Hotels in Parikia
Reviewed 1 October 2007

The location is great and the price was good. Our room had a terrace overlooking a pretty garden (which helped camouflage the main road) and the sea. The room itself was basic, the bath room a bit dated and worn and breakfast was simple. Cleanliness was average but the pool was a bit scummy. The staff was very nice. The center of Parikia is within walking distance, as are the ferries, and there are many tavernas near by. All in all, I would say the place is pretty average.

• Stayed: September 2007
1  Thank CHMA

Reviewed 29 July 2007

Great small pool, located across the street from the beach and down the street from the town center. Very clean rooms and very helpful owners. Breakfast could offer a little more.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank sdahl
Reviewed 26 June 2007

Great staff, very helpfull. Rooms are average, but clean.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank Nicole001
Reviewed 16 June 2007

We have just returned from a trip to four Greek Islands. The first one was Paros. We spent 5 days at the Asterias Hotel. The owners were wonderful, picked us up at the ferry and helped us with directions and suggestions of places to visit. We always got a cheerful hello as we left for the day and a warm, welcome back when we returned. It was a very friendly, family feeling. The room was nice, with a view of the sea and a lovely balcony. The breakfast room was charming. The location was perfect for walking to town or port. there was an internet cafe nearby and a place to rent a scooter. I would recommend this property very highly.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2007

My Mother and I took the Island Hopping Sigma through Transat Holidays. We have no complaints regarding this agency. The representatives were all very nice, and all except one were very knowledgeable in their area (islands).
The hotel is situated on the main drag. About a 10-15 minute walk from the big shopping area and just across the street from the docks. Not a bad location – if you’re into the party scene and the beach is only a minute’s walk away.
I think I am very happy to have been there in May because I am confident that it would be wild and loud during the summer months. We did find it quiet at night while we were there.
Our receptionist in the hotel was the very nice and a talking parrot that spoke mostly in Greek greeted us. Cute.
Our view off the balcony was looking at the nice garden in the front of the hotel and we were able to see the water and main drag.
The beds were not at all comfortable, but again, we were extremely tired from all the walking and shopping. Which is the case in most hotels that I’ve read and heard about.
There was no one to take our bags here.
The size of our room was very tiny and it was not the cleanest. Someone killed a mosquito on the wall and the evidence was still there. Yuk.
The bathroom was very, and I mean very tiny. It did have enough towels.
Our Do Not Disturb sign was respected here.
My opinion of breakfast was not the best, however, my Mother enjoyed it.
I would only recommend this hotel if I were into the party scene. But I must admit, I did sleep through the night and felt rested the next day.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank ShoppingBound
Reviewed 19 September 2006

Hotel Asterias was a very pleasant place to stay while in Paros. I can see that in the high season it may be too noisy as it is on the main drag in Parikea, the harbor, but we visited in the first week of September and it was not bad. The garden is charming, the sea view is lovely and, best of all, the Concierge was so wonderful and helpful - she advised us what to see and where to eat and was right on the money. She was also very helpful when we had trouble with a rental scooter at a neighboring business. I recommend Hotel Asterias.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank kmaster
Reviewed 10 September 2006

We stayed at the Hotel Asteria for 2 nights and had a wonderful time there! The staff were great and quite accomodating. Our room was very comfortable and the hotel was spotless- the garden out front was truly lovely. We didn't know much about Paros-- having booked it more-or-less as a way-station between Santorini and Mykonos-- but we soon found that it was truly a gem among its more famous island brothers and sisters. The Asterias was perfectly situated on the waterfront and was ideal as a base for exploring. After a wonderful breakfast on the patio, we were able to head out and explore with ease. We can happily recommend the Asterias without hesitation!

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steve B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Parikia
Malamas Apartments
7 mi away
Amaryllis Paros Beach Hotel
Amaryllis Paros Beach Hotel
#3 of 3 in Golden Beach

Been to Hotel Asterias? Share your experiences!