“A nice Greek hotel”

Ranked #43 of 46 Hotels in Parikia
Trafalgar, Australia
“A nice Greek hotel”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This hotel is in a great location close to everything but far enough away to be out of the hustle and bustle of the tourist shops. The staff were very friendly and helpful, the room clean and comfortable. We had a front room with balcony so we could watch the sun go down across the bay. The only issue was that the toilet did not fully flush regularly. Would not hesitate to stay there again as Paros is one of the Greek islands I would go back too.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms with a balcony facing the water.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank keith0498

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2014

This hotel is facing the sea and walking distance to the beach, port and shopping areas. It was safe to walk to and from at night and the staff were friendly. The breakfast was simple enough to the start the day with. The room was not great and the wifi was only working in some areas and not in the room. The pool is small, but the beach is a much better option. The sunset was amazing from near the port, worth a watch. my room had a small balcony but it was not sea facing. I'm sure there are better hotels in Paros! but it all depends on cost !

Room Tip: The rooms near the reception may have wifi in the rooms and not all rooms are with a sea view.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank TravellingNessy
Reviewed 12 June 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for three days and while the hotel is a bit dated the staff were so nice and the location very close walk to the main streets but quiet and relaxed. Great breakfast and Greek coffee

Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Criky4
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 6 September 2011

I visit Greece every year and I have stayed at the Asterias for the last 7 years and I cannot fault this hotel. For the price you pay you will not get better on Paros. The hotel is old but quaint and spotless, the view from the front rooms is fantastic, the breakfast is good and the management and staff are great. What more do you need? If you want luxury when please stay in a 5 star hotel and pay the price but do not stay in a 2 star hotel and compare it with a 4 or 5 star. You have a fabulous view in the morning while having breakfast on the balcony, a few meters from the water and watching the yachts and fishing boats.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 15 July 2011

Location: Main town and beach are within walking distance.
Hotel Rooms: Dated decor but fairly clean. Some of the rooms are located by the main town road therefore if you want to avoid the sound of noisy cars/motorbikes you should ask for a room in the back of the hotel prior to your booking. The owner/manager was very friendly and informative. The room does not offer a safe but does have TV, wi-fi, small selection of toiletries.
Breakfast: Small selection of continental breakfast which we were content with until we noticed the manager/owner return our half eaten leftover slices of ham (that we had fed to the friendly cat) back on the "buffet" for other guests to eat!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank I0nia
Hilton Head, South Carolina
Reviewed 17 September 2010

I stayed here on a tour and had some serious issues with the owner. My passport and debit card went missing while the room was locked and I had to go to the police. The only people who could have taken it was the owner or the maid. My tour guide and I ended up searching all around the area after we were told by the police it usually shows up. After an hour of looking and me cancelling my debit card, my tour guide went back to the table in front of the hotel and found my bag (with my passport and debit card and everything in it) in front of the hotel where I wasn't even sitting and hadn't sat at all. The owner told me, "Maybe one of the guys on the tour was playing a practical joke on you and took it." First of all, there were only 4 guys on the tour. Secondly, he smirked at me when he said it. After he said that, I knew that he had taken it. The owner obviously doesn't have any respect for his guests. The other thing that I hated about this hotel is that three girls were sharing this room that supposedly was a triple, but was the same size as all the other people's rooms on the tour that were doubles. We couldn't get the air to work, and the owner was a jerk about that too. It was the WORST hotel I have ever stayed at and I have been all over the world to places including Africa and Asia.

• Stayed June 2010
5 Thank lovestotravel778

Travellers are raving about these Parikia hotels

Rome
Reviewed 6 September 2010

Simple well-located hotel , BUT the rooms need urgent renovation.
The furniture is quite old and the fridge and AC in my room were very noisy. I had even to unplug the fridge to sleep because the buzzing was driving me crazy.
The location is good though. It's close to the port, bus station, city center, supermarket, stores, bars, restaurant and a small urban beach.
The swimming pool looks more like a big bathtub. If you want a hotel with a REAL pool, forget this one.
Wi-fi is not free and it did not work for me. Breakfast was basic, but good.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo