“Don't stay here!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #39 of 46 Hotels in Parikia
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Don't stay here!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2010

I stayed here on a tour and had some serious issues with the owner. My passport and debit card went missing while the room was locked and I had to go to the police. The only people who could have taken it was the owner or the maid. My tour guide and I ended up searching all around the area after we were told by the police it usually shows up. After an hour of looking and me cancelling my debit card, my tour guide went back to the table in front of the hotel and found my bag (with my passport and debit card and everything in it) in front of the hotel where I wasn't even sitting and hadn't sat at all. The owner told me, "Maybe one of the guys on the tour was playing a practical joke on you and took it." First of all, there were only 4 guys on the tour. Secondly, he smirked at me when he said it. After he said that, I knew that he had taken it. The owner obviously doesn't have any respect for his guests. The other thing that I hated about this hotel is that three girls were sharing this room that supposedly was a triple, but was the same size as all the other people's rooms on the tour that were doubles. We couldn't get the air to work, and the owner was a jerk about that too. It was the WORST hotel I have ever stayed at and I have been all over the world to places including Africa and Asia.

• Stayed June 2010
      Sleep Quality
5 Thank lovestotravel778

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Greek first
Rome
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2010

Simple well-located hotel , BUT the rooms need urgent renovation.
The furniture is quite old and the fridge and AC in my room were very noisy. I had even to unplug the fridge to sleep because the buzzing was driving me crazy.
The location is good though. It's close to the port, bus station, city center, supermarket, stores, bars, restaurant and a small urban beach.
The swimming pool looks more like a big bathtub. If you want a hotel with a REAL pool, forget this one.
Wi-fi is not free and it did not work for me. Breakfast was basic, but good.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank BobViajante

Travellers are raving about these Parikia hotels

London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2009

The hotel is in a great location, in front of the beach ( lots of boats there, to sunbathe you have to walk about 5 min). Lots of restaurants in the area, cheaper then the "centre" of town, which is about 15 min walk.
The rooms are really basic, not very clean, the toilet is tiny, deco is dated, full of mosquitos....but to us it was fine considering the price we paid for 1 week accomodation.
The breakfast is also very basic, don't expect fruits or any natural juices, but they offered bread, jams, cakes and cereals.
The owner was very friendly and helpful and the staff was polite in the few occasions we had contact with them.
I would reccomend this hotel for it's value and location.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank AnaPD
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2009

Great breakfast, best we had after staying at about 10 hotels over last month! Nice clean and tidy rooms, not too cramped. Nice pool, great location. Would recommend to others. Only negative was very unfriendly front desk staff!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank BackpackerGirl27
Montreal
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2009

Trust me I am not a picky traveller but on the 4 hotels I stayed in during my trip this is the only one I would not recommend. From outside, the hotel looks great but inside it's very dark and the rooms are even a little dirty. Noisy during the night and the staff, except for this lovely french lady, were rude. My friend got yelled at for breaking a cup by mistake. The pool was dirty. Almost nothing for breakfast. For the same price Im sure you can find better. If you end up staying there go next door for breakfast at café Bodega for a delicious crepe or eggs and bacon!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
Zanesville, OH
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2009

We had initially booked a suite at Sunny Villas, but we got there and no one was there, then when they showed up they forgot to turn on the power, then they forgot to turn on the hot water... we were the only people there, so the owner "set us up" in his other hotel... Hotel Asterias. The room was very loud (you could hear everything going on in the lobby and hallway,) the staff wasn't at all helpful, the bed very uncomfortable, and the breakfast was cold.

On the other hand, the location was perfect, and the island is beautiful... I hope to go back someday!

• Stayed October 2007, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank zrooster99
London
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2008

Well apart from the pool and that I stayed only for 2 nights, thank goodness, I wouldn't recommend staying in this drabby hotel. When you think of Greece this place certainly wouldn't be on my to do list, let alone anything else. The breakfast was terrible, the service at the hotel was well below par and the room interior was 1950's. Also if you like spending half the night hitting mosquittos good luck to you. BAD BAD NEWS

• Liked — Pool
  • Disliked — Room decor and breakfast
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with friends