“Excellent!”

Ranked #24 of 45 Hotels in Parikia
Fredericton, Canada
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 24 October 2011

This Hotel was just great! beautiful small & simple hotel, comfortable, cosy & very clean. Located in the centre of Parikia (Paros), just a few minutes walk from the port. Wish I could have stayed a few more days!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank duguayma

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Greek first
Milano
Reviewed 2 September 2011

On my way to Koufonisia I stopped one night in Parikia and stayed at Hotel Dina cause I found good reviews.
Arriving from the port of Paros, the hotel is extremely convenient and at walking distance.
We were 2 and were able to walk with our luggage to the hotel without any problem and do the same the day after. there are some hotels in front of the port, but i wanted something more typical.
From the port, you just walk through the main street for few blocks (not the promenade but the inner one) and then the hotel is on the street, on the left, in front of a little fountain and Franco Scala restaurant.
You recognized the sign of the hotel and you go inside a corridor and find Dina's reception and private home. She helped ud with the bags and showed our room.
When i booked I expressly asked to have that specific room with the view on the blue dome of the church and she did!
The room is extremely basic..but clean and tidy with its private bathroom (I read some rooms have also shared bathroom but it was not our case). There is also a refrigerator in the room and a small drawer. Maybe the bathroom is not new but clean and with everything you may need.
The structureof the hotel is very nice: some rooms are on the ground floor and some on the first floor. The decor is the typical one in Greece: white walls, blue doors and a lot of trees, plants and vegetation. On the first floor there is also a small shared terrace with some chairs and a couple of tables to enjoy the evening or just relax.
They don't accept credit card, so make sure to have money with you...
From our room facing the street, it was lovely to look down and see all the people walking on the street. the stores are beautiful and elegant, and if you walk 2 blocks, you arrive on the promenade which is full of excellent places to eat.
We had a look around and then decided to go to Apollon Garden, a restaurant just 2 or 3 doors after hotel Dina which was delicious..
I strongly recommend this hotel. it is simple but also traditional and with its location is very convenient to explore Parikia and stay close to the port.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank EuDiMu
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 15 August 2011

I stayed at Hotel Dina for four nights in the middle of June, 2011 and I can echo most of the other favourable comments that have been made about this place on TripAdvisor. Hotel Dina is in an ideal location in the heart of Parikia, within walking distance of most of the town’s attractions, including the Frankish castle and the Church of Agia Eleni. The waterfront with its many restaurants is only a couple of blocks away and the Archaeological Museum and the Panagia Ekatontapyliani (“Church of a Hundred Doors”) can also be reached easily enough on foot. Although the hotel is situated on one of Parikia’s busier streets, one very rarely hears any street noise because most of the rooms face an inner courtyard and the courtyard’s wall itself runs alongside a private garden. In fact, I think the only noise that ever disturbed me during my stay was the noise of a couple of cats fighting in the private garden.

Regarding accommodation, Hotel Dina is essentially a budget hotel and thus one shouldn’t expect opulence. My room was furnished in a very simple and basic manner, but was nevertheless attractive, spacious, and comfortable. Meanwhile, as many reviewers have already observed, the rooms are very well maintained and mine was absolutely spotless.

Dina herself is a very gracious host. I found her to be a bit shy and reserved, perhaps because she might not have been quite sure what to make of me! As a solo, middle-aged, male traveler, I suspect that I don’t represent the typical Hotel Dina patron (most tend to be couples and many, I believe, are repeat visitors). Nevertheless, Dina was extremely helpful to me and provided some good restaurant recommendations as well as tips on how best to explore Paros. She even took time out from her busy schedule to explain how the flushing mechanism on the toilet worked when I couldn’t figure it out! (It involved pulling a lever down, not pushing a button.)

One peculiarity about Hotel Dina is worth mentioning because I hadn’t noticed it mentioned in any previous review. Although plenty of little bars of soap were supplied in the bathroom, no shampoo was similarly provided. I thought this seemed odd and I wondered at first if it was an oversight, but no shampoo was left by housekeeping on the second day of my stay so it would seem that shampoo is not included as part of the amenities for Hotel Dina’s rooms. Anyway, this was not a big issue for me and I simply bought a small bottle of shampoo at a local convenience store, which lasted me for the remainder of my time on Paros and for the time I spent on the next three islands I visited in the Cyclades.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Johannes56
Cairns, Australia
Reviewed 15 June 2011

Dina is the perfect host ! She is warm hearted and a perfectionist .
This place is spotlessly clean and amzing value for money .
Our room looked on to a blue and white Greek church , jsut the setting we dream about.
Dina was most kind and helped us with everything .We stayed a week and we were sorry to leave

Room Tip: Just email and ask !
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pamelaedgehill
Virginia
Reviewed 17 October 2010

Hotel Dina, run by Dina herself, is a quiet oasis in a beautiful Greek Island Village. The hotel is small, quaint, immaculate, and a superb value for the cost. This was my second visit to Dina's and I will stay there again. Be sure and tell Dina I sent you, via tripadvisor.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Virginiaphd
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 October 2010

Hotel Dina was perfect for our needs. Very clean comfortable room right in the heart of the old town which is incredibly pretty. Dina was a great host and very helpful. The room was perhaps a little on the small side but fine for our needs. Quite and private, no noise from the other guests although the cicada's living in a small garden next door were amazingly noisy in the mornings.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
North Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 3 October 2010

My wife and I stayed at Hotel Dina for 4 nights in September 2010. We had one of the ensuite rooms on the front of the hotel and found the room to be clean and comfortable . The room was stylishly furnished, the bathroom was spotless and the beds were comfortable. Dina was helpful, welcoming and friendly and the hotel's location is fantastic, tucked away in the beautiful windy streets of Parikia.

We'd definitely recommend this hotel, the only drawback was the noise from the bar opposite but the hotel has excellent modern shutters and double glazing which pretty much cut out the noise.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple